1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware First Look: Antec Dark Fleet PC Case

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Sifter3000, 20 Apr 2010.

1. Sifter3000

Sifter3000 I used to be somebody

2. Jack_Pepsi

Jack_Pepsi Clan BeeR Founder

*Sigh!*

Aesthetically, this case is more than disgusting in my eyes. Antec really have lost the plot, then again my idea of beauty could very well be bland and boring to someone else.

Even with that in mind, this case still is fugly!

3. crazyceo

crazyceo What's a Dremel?

I like it but I feel the fascia will become a dust magnet and be difficult to clean in some areas.

I'll wait until the boys have put it through its paces for cooling and ease of setup review.

4. tonyd223

tonyd223 king of nothing

+1 - that's a lost the plot case if ever I saw one... and this is ANTEC, not Thermaltake

5. confusis

confusis Kiwi-modder

I love the design! Sorry guys but this is my idea of a beautiful case :D

Wonder when they'll be available in NZ

Gives me idea for my E-ATX casemod!

6. Jack_Pepsi

@ confusis - What d'you like about it?

7. moriendi

moriendi What's a Dremel?

I have registered just to say... WTF Antec? What is this? That company has totally lost it's compass since going from totally sleek and elegant cases to this "ninja turtle-transformers-lollypop launcher" garbage. I think that only 15 year old teenagers think that this is cool.

Even ridiculous Thermaltake is producing some more elegant cases now than Antec.

8. confusis

confusis Kiwi-modder

The front panel is very industrial. I don't like the clear 2.5" pod on the top though. Actually just the front panel and rear panel is all I like, looking back. Everything in between is meh.

9. TheLostSwede

TheLostSwede What's a Dremel?

Why is it so hard for the case manufacturers to come up with decent and functional designs?
    Or maybe I'm just too picky...

10. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

im sure it will perform well, but it looks horrible.

11. line2008

line2008 What is this "dremel" you speak of?

i would say its an ugly case for sure. how annoying will those cd drive "doors" get after owning the case for a couple of months, i cant stand front doors on cases at all!

still love the antec 902 tho!

12. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

slap gun-metal coloured plain panels on all sides and as a door in front, name it P185. then im sold.

13. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

man its so fugly, really bad. at first i thought they had left the front panel off but no, thats the look. seperate doors for each optical drive? how long before that drives you stark raving mad.

14. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

+1

This is the ugliest case I've ever seen and that's why I love it. It's a mean looking mug. No one would ever want that on their desk, but that's what makes it so special! It's the kind of grunt machine that screams "I'm a bad mother f'er".

WANT. And if it's any good as a performer, it's hot on my list for next build.

15. D-Cyph3r

D-Cyph3r Gay for Yunosuke

What the hell has happened to Antec since the P180? Everything they've churned out since has been bloody awful, the 900/1200, the Skeleton, P190.... all vile to look at.

16. Jack_Pepsi

It is very industrial looking that's for sure. It reminds me of Doom 3 for some reason, just the difference is that I liked Doom 3.

I presume Antec want to move away from the simplistic/minimalistic styling of previous cases. Unless they re-release another 300 with cable management holes then I won't be purchasing another Antec case if they carry on with this chunky, industrial crap.

17. barndoor101

barndoor101 Bring back the demote thread!

jeez thats hideous. maybe some scope for modders out there, but a case that needs modding to look good isnt a good case.

18. Lockon Stratos

Lockon Stratos I Will Snipe You!

this case is ugly!! it looks like they tried to copy the HAF case then it went terribly wrong when the case designer decided to have a spliff & listen to some rammstein. UGLY

19. V3ctor

V3ctor Tech addict...

UUUUUUGGGGLLLLLYYYYY... Reeeally damn ugly... It's going to be the modders choice for this year... trying to make something beautiful out of it

20. tron

tron What's a Dremel?

I have to agree with the ugliness point.

I don't own an Antec case, but I have previously put together 2 PCs with Antec 1200s for some friends.

Why couldn't they take the ultra-sleekness of the Antec 1200s, then take the design to a new higher level of futuristi-ness and sleekness?

The top of the Dark Fleet case may be practical, but can't compete with the awesome 200mm 'Big Boy Fan' design and sleek lines of the 1200s top. The front intake grill running all the way from top to bottom of the 1200 case is also far more sleeker than the Dark Fleet case's front.

Design is supposed to move forwards not backwards.

Tags: Add Tags