1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress BISMARCK Update 28/10/11

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Kojak, 2 Jul 2010.

1. Kojak

Kojak Who loves ya baby

Been Shopping

Not done much since the last update guys because I've been scratching my head on a few things that need to change with the build before I even got the chance to finish it. Originally I planned to install the Rampage III Extreme and an i7-980x but since that idea the Bit-Tech review on the Evga SR-2 has got the better of me, I was almost hoping the guys would slag it off :lol:. The board is amazing and it won't fit but I'm gonna make it fit. Actually the board does fit in the 800D but I would have to lose my hot swap bay and the shelf and exaust system that my pumps sit on and that I don't wanna do. So I'm planning on extending out 50mm at the back of the case to fit it in, will buy a Mountain Mods motherboard tray sized for the SR-2 and will fit a 3rd rad and loop to cool the board its self.

What I have done though is been shopping a little at Scan, my 2 swiftech MCP655 pumps have turned up and I've bought some Bitspower fittings just to help me work out exactly what I need for the loops. Also got some tubing and a couple rolls of neoprene off ebay.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The SR-2 comes next week! :jawdrop: I need to get it earlier than I wanted to help me with the alterations but til next time take it easy guys!

Last edited: 30 Aug 2010
  2. Remmes

Remmes Be One With Your Mod

ooh i like the holder for the pumps

btw you've placed img tags on already tagged pics :p

3. Kojak

Kojak Who loves ya baby

Tell me how to do it right then, I'm new to the project logs! :wallbash:

4. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

That is ALOT of gear stuffed into one case :thumb: me likey!! Watching this one.

5. Remmes

Remmes Be One With Your Mod

when you upload it on a site and you copy/ paste the tags for site it most likely has ig tags already on them

you can just copy and paste those links, and that's all

i think you have done that.. but also used the tagger here on the site to tags your links

6. Kojak

Kojak Who loves ya baby

Remmes I've linked the pics straight out of my albums from my bit-tech profile, thanks for the tips, I'll play around with it an try an get rid of them, they do make things look a bit crappy. Cheers

7. Kojak

Kojak Who loves ya baby

Sorted it, Cheers pal!

8. LooseNeutral

LooseNeutral What's a Dremel?

You got the right name for this.:jawdrop: Looks intimidating.:thumb: Are you saying you've got "8" fans on one channel?:confused::worried: sub'd

9. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Awesome!:D have you test drove the fans yet? I would think most of your sound would be coming from the air pulling through the grill.

-Nice choice of materials. With a name like that, you have to build with metal.

10. Kojak

Kojak Who loves ya baby

Yes mate, I have 3 channels, 8 on the top rad, the 6 on the other and 3 surrounding the hot swap. Not sure how I'm finally gonna link them up controller wise yet as I don't want to use a traditional fan controller, would like to wire them straight into the motherboard and have the bios control them but I'm not too clued up on how or if 8 fans on one channel will stress a board! At the mo they're geared up for coming straight off the psu. Was interested in the mCubed HFX-112 T-Balancer after reading the Bit-Tech review though.

11. Kojak

Kojak Who loves ya baby

Cheers pal, it's becoming very heavy with the choice of steel though :lol:, will probably need some of those Lian li wheels! An Yeah I've had em fired up just to check my soldering was all ok, it did a good job of cooling my living room during the heatwave here in the uk :lol:, but I have yet to fill the add ons with the sound deadening materials so couldn't really gauge anything, I just got a slight echo. The grills are going though, The same thought crossed my mind matey!

12. Kojak

Kojak Who loves ya baby

My SR-2 won't fit in my mod!! Sept' 12th

Hi guys I'm back with an update with two new additions to my mod, got the SR-2 and Koolance water block which is great but guess what they don't fit :waah:. Its not the end of the World though so cue the Benny Hill music and lets start cutting!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

God dam this is gonna be tight!! :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here I stripped the case right back, feels like I'm starting all over again!

[​IMG]

Marked out where I'm going to cut out the back and extend it by 50mm

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I hate this bit, I have no garden or garage because I live in a flat. It makes a right mess, its the perfect party pad but no home for a modder!

[​IMG]

Tidy up the sharp edges and lots of coffee!

[​IMG]

First time I used this I pressed the button down too long and the can ended up stuck to my hand it gets that cold!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All cut out and ready for the new back end and motherboard tray which I'm working on right now so will be back on this in another update soon.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The LEDs that come with the Koolance block are blue which clashes with my black and red colour scheme so I bought some red one's and soldered them to the wires.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

With the case stripped I took the opportunity to catch up on some work on the silencers. I had to make them air tight in between the welds so they are ready to be filled with the arrangment of sound deadening materials. I used car filler.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just a chance to show you guys how I modded the hot swap bay now the case is in pieces, I didn't cover it very well when I first started my thread.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here are the materials I'm going to be using inside the silencers, went to the local market and it cost me less than half the price of which an accoustic ultimate pack cost's and that was for 2 squared metres of each different type of sponge ...bargin!

[​IMG]

Well thats all for now, I'm presently working on the extension for the motherboard and it's tray and also the silencers so I'll be back soon with some more pics. Also hope you guys don't think I'm too stupid for getting a board that doesn't fit in my case, I couldn't help it my eyes are bigger than my stomach ...thats my excuse anyway :lol: Take care guys!

13. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

You got my interest buddy when I saw that huge mobo that couldnt fit in the case! I told my self "now its time for some serious modding!" . Cant wait to see what you are going to do matey, keep on modding! :)

14. disturbed13

disturbed13 What's a Dremel?

in your renders you didnt plan on having such a large mobo
    its larger then an EATX
    and you only gave yourself some enough clearance for an ATX form factor
    interesting solution tho
    you almost would have been better off just starting from scratch :D

15. Kojak

Kojak Who loves ya baby

Cheers pal it means a lot coming from you!

To be honest matey its all I've been thinking of for the last week if I should start from scratch again with a new case or a scratch build but came to the conclusion that it would be kinda cheating or taking the easy way out. Only time will tell if I've made a mistake sticking with this 800D. At the minute I'm jus thinking of all those American hot rods driving around with their over sized engines sticking out the top of their bonnets :lol:.

16. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

I've seen people extend the PSU out the back of the case, but I've never seen a pooched out motherboard.:hehe:

17. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

Oh feck me I think I cried a little inside seeing the 800D shredded like that!

But, to fit that motherboard, I'll keep myself in check and look forward to the results!

18. DesertFox

DesertFox What's a Dremel?

Awesome build is awesome!

19. Fabou

Fabou What's a Dremel?

Fitting the MB is really a challenge.
    I think it's weird that your block has blue LED while i's made for the SR2 and the SR2 is red and black I was in working at koolance I would have changed that.

20. Kojak

Kojak Who loves ya baby

Ha first time for everything pal, lets just hope it doesn't look rediculous! :D

Wait don't cry for her too much my friend, some of the essence of the 800D will return but she'll jus look like she's been on a stronge course of steroids! :lol:

Cheers pal! :D

I thought the same thing ...why would they do that, doesn't make sense!