1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Linux Minecraft; Official Bit-tech server

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Stickeh, 6 Oct 2010.

1. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

God damnit. You come up with these awesome ideas and then someone waltzes over, and tells you your a retard!

Good thought xtreme...damnit.

2. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

What about naming streets then?
    We do need a city planner's office I think. With permanently employed bureaucrats to sort out these questions...

3. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

Thats such an awesome idea. I sugest you impliment this before the Council of Minecraft orders you to pay taxes on blocks >.<

4. Redimp

Redimp What's a Dremel?

Hi, Stickeh was kind enough to give me the IP so I'd thought I'd best say hello before diving in, although in game my username is red_science.

My main reason for posting though was about the update, does the server get automatically updated? and if so are you guys going to have damage/mobs on or off?

5. bahgger

bahgger Minimodder

i haz problems logging in

6. SpaceBaby

SpaceBaby AKA: Stophon

the server needs to be manually updated, so gona have to wait for a ticket to be placed and had it done before we can get back on. well this is my guess i think they said that's how it works last time.

7. Stickeh

Yeah, no auto update as such, MPUK rolls it out as quick as they can, but im sure they have to test it all works with their own admin tools first!

8. TCoZ

TCoZ Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo...

I think a Calabi-Yau manifold is a bit out of my league... :p

I'm happy for there to be observation platforms for the tourists. Maybe we should seal off the constructions...

Here's the thing. It's fine before I go to bed, when I come online in the morning the torches have gone. The torches are taken randomly, as opposed to a chunk. And only from that 17x17x1 area on that side - nothing else is taken. It doesn't seem like a bug to me.

I'm not saying it is griefing, but it wouldn't surprise me, because I've had stuff just taken from my chests without my knowledge since we moved server on multiple occasions. I haven't said anything about it, because I know mods are willing to give out items pretty much on demand. But it still worries me.

The other thought, of course, is that it's someone who's not aware that it's not allowed or doing it accidentally or whatever. If this is the case, whoever's doing it, please stop. Thank you.

They should all be off in my opinion. We come onto the server to build things, and these are just going to get in the way. And with monsters, if stuff starts getting creeper'd, then people are going to be pissed.

9. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

In other words; no minecraft until, oh say, friday.

10. alpaca

alpaca llama eats dremel

AHAAHAAAAAAAAH:waah:

11. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

You mean... maybe I get to feed someone's nutsack to rabid badgers after all?:D

12. alpaca

alpaca llama eats dremel

i've never seen badgers in MC before, let alone rabid ones.... but it could be i missed something:d

13. Xtreme_Machine

Xtreme_Machine Survivalist

I'm just playin americ... i mean Stickeh, you know i love you :)

The TNT thing is great btw... would make the game a lot more interesting i think :) The 'insta-disappear' is great :D

14. Xtreme_Machine

Xtreme_Machine Survivalist

ohw yeah, who's been busy with lava in the top-left corner? or was that supposed to happen???

15. Panomama

Panomama I once signed up on uniform dating

ssssssh ;)

16. TheDoctor

TheDoctor So what seems to be the problem?

I didn't spot that lava flow earlier when I looked lol

Is that the spleef arena (north-east from downtown past the farms when looking at the carto) that I will be looking across the water towards when I finish my house? And is that a huge cactus wall running along beside it?

17. Wicked_Sludge

Wicked_Sludge My eyes! The goggles do nothing!

{rabid badgers = true}

there are now :naughty:

ive been there and i got the t-shirt. it may be a 20 minute walk, but its only about a 5 minute boat ride :D BTW i like the addition of the doors, but the flashing redstone looks best on obsidian :thumb:

EDIT: another thought would be to put "uptown" at the end of clumsy's mega bridge...since it looks like it will be able to support the traffic.

18. Stickeh

Thats the arena alright, and i have NO IDEA where the cactus wall came from behind it!

19. badders

badders Neuken in de Keuken

Would somebody mind PM'ing me the Server address plox?

20. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

Been reading about the patch. I don't recommend anyone tries playing on the server unless we have everything set to off (mods/damage/animals).

From various forums/comments: