1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

- hanging out with the old man for a full day without having him preach to me about my career path being the wrong one.
    - getting round to buying a book that i kept forgetting to order
    - discovering someone in waterstones bookstore has a sense of humour.

[​IMG]

2. Modsbywoz

Modsbywoz Multimodder

the one below reads like the theme tune to the Mighty Boosh.

3. automagsrock

automagsrock What's a Dremel?

What is making me happy recently is something that is also changing my life. I began dieting and exercising in October and have gone from 310 to 270 pounds in a little over 4 months. I feel better about myself and and my health has increased ten-fold. No more sweating for no reason, no being out of breath all the time either. My goal weight is 230 pounds which for my height (6'1") should be decent. Cardio + strength training + High protein diet = excellent results for me so far :D

And last night I was able to do my first ever pull-up! w00t!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just to show you my progress:

Here's me in october:
    [​IMG]
    Kind of a small picture, that was from a company bowling event for Big Brothers and Big Sisters.

And here's me with my friend after watching a movie with a few girls (jeah!) a few weeks ago :)
    [​IMG]

mvagusta likes this.
  4. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

7-2 to the Giants in the Nottingham Panthers game at the Odyssey arena tonight!

That's right, 7-2 to the mighty Belfast Giants! Looking back on it until now, this was probably one of the greatest nights the Giants have had so far this season. A seriously well deserved and hard fought for win, in front of a capacity crowd and hundreds of away fans, after having been beaten after 65 minutes of play and on penalties by the same team in their own arena the night before. Guys, you seriously rock! :rock:

No highlights video for it up like I had last night just yet - it hasn't been cut together yet because AFAIK our tapes were sent to a local TV station straight away tonight, but it will probably be done by Monday so you can see a total of 9 goals, 4 fights and thousands of extremely excited and happily entertained spectators!

It may still be too early to call it, but I can feel a season and playoff win coming on ;)

5. Volund

Volund Am I supposed to care?

awesome work :thumb: keep it up

Finally have my case mod theme for my Lian Li A05NB 100% decided on, including it's backstory, color scheme, and main mod aspects :rock: I am starting work on a sketchup tonight.... :wallbash: I hate sketchup :grr: (actually I just hate my lack of results....)

anyway, here is a little teaser to the theme

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

automagsrock likes this.
  6. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

Had first appointment for my anxiety on Friday. Basically just reinforced everything I had already figured out in the past week. Still helpful though.

Had a few incidents on the weekend (one being a small car accident, :wallbash: ) where normally I would have totally lost control of myself, but instead I kept everything together and remained calm all on my own. My girlfriend was there which did help a bit, but I did do it all on my own. We were both very proud of myself. Quite a big improvement. I am just so impressed with myself.

I'm also very thankful for my girlfriend. She has been very understanding the past week. I dumped a ton of stuff onto her last weekend which was hard for her to hear it all and maybe shouldn't have done that, but we talked through it all and we both understand each other and ourselves even better. Such a huge difference a couple days can make.

Also my weekend with her was awesome like always. We've been dating for 2 months now and when I came to visit her yesterday I brought her flowers which she loved and was so surprised. The whole day was great. We went to her sister in laws house to help with some work there which was stressful because one of the kids has ADHD and was very difficult, but it was still a good time. Gave us a lot to talk about what we are not going to do in our future together. lol We then went to the Zoo and park which didn't turn out good because it was like -30C and closed so we ended up going back to her house for the evening/night which was a good time.

We also have talked and have decided that we are going to get baptized in February. Classes are 6th and 13th then baptism is the 20th. I've seen quite a large change in both of us when it comes to our faith. Baptism is something that was always in the back of our minds, but we both never felt ready for it until now.

I must say I am quite excited.

So that's what makes my life awesome. I'm not even going to bother making a post in the ruining life thread about the car accident. Even though it sucks, the fact that I didn't have a breakdown and was able to laugh it off totally outweighs the negative part of it. :thumb:

7. automagsrock

automagsrock What's a Dremel?

@ Volund - Thank you sir. It feel great to be dropping the pounds. I cannot WAIT to get to my goal weight :D

@ Talladega - I'm glad to hear things are going well for you :) Sounds like you've got a great girl and that is awesome. Hopefully soon I'll get the courage up to tell the girl I like that I like her and possibly have that myself :)

talladega and mvagusta like this.
  8. knuck

knuck Hate your face

Great job man !

I started a similar journey recently but it's not going to well. However, I know myself and I know I never, ever quit so regardless of how long it takes, I know I'll reach my goal eventually

:thumb:

9. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

One of my best mates (in the wolrd) being back in the country for good, and him and me start jamming (music) this week.
    Apparently, I am also part of a new band called Plaguebearer that I heard one demo by (they were two people quickly recording a tune), and then offered to play, should they decide to take it seriously...
    Finally I can play guitars again (if it works out in 2 very different bands), rather than Bass

10. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

[​IMG]

New Cobalt license running :thumb:

11. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Also:
    It seems as if I have my first freelance client this year.
    Gotta submit draft by Thursday, and the rate is reduced, but it's another strategical client, and it's not nearly a bad rate.

mvagusta likes this.
  12. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

See my gf at the weekend!

13. Modsbywoz

Modsbywoz Multimodder

Got some freelance work come through this morning. Been waiting for it before Christmas after I quoted for it. Nice little website. Will show once done if anyone's interested.

14. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

always interested... :)

15. knuck

knuck Hate your face

what makes my life awesome these days is I haven't had any reason to post in the 'what's ruining your life' thread . Not much is awesome per se, but everything is decently good which is enough for now

:thumb:

16. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

17. tristanperry

tristanperry Minimodder

1 out of 3 exams complete. Exam this morning went well overall so I'm happy.

18. knuck

knuck Hate your face

It's -30C (-22F) outside with the wind.

AWESOME

19. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

I should be getting home to my Terminator Armour drying nicely after a thick coat of jet black paint.

20. Volund

Volund Am I supposed to care?

Why yes, there is lol. Loved your Airsoft gear btw. Although the original UBCS is classic, I will probably be working with a mainly black, white, and red theme.

Does anyone have a Lian Li A05 Sketchup model they could send me by any chance?

Edit- nevermind, found one on the SCC :D thanks aerial

Last edited: 17 Jan 2011