1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Connection|Closed

Connection|Closed New Member

Got a moving in date for my new digs - Super Stoked :thumb:

2. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

3. automagsrock

automagsrock New Member

Thanks Knuck! Getting started is the hardest part. Going to the gym even twice a week was a chore when I first started going. Now I love going and I'm going five times a week. Just stick with it man. I can say with 100% honesty that if I can do it, anyone can. I've been overweight for 15 years and never did anything about it. It feels awesome to be where I am at right now and I cannot wait to see how much better I not only look but feel when I get to my goal weight of 230 pounds.

Then the P90X starts for the toning phase :p

4. Mattmc91

Mattmc91 Well-Known Member

it's later, where's my pic? (of the t-shirt.)

5. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

For some reason I still am getting closer to a best friend that I'm practically attached to the hip with.

MAybe out of the friend zone if there is some sort of greater being. But realistically, I'm not counting on that.

mvagusta likes this.
  6. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

More freelance business, looks like.
    so far this year:
    1 Tourism site
    1 Project I am working on for myself
    1 Band webiste that I am doing pro-bono
    1 Band website that I am getting paid for.

7. BRAWL

BRAWL Well-Known Member

I got to spam the general section, wound about sixteen people up AND haven't been banned :p Although I can feel Bindi banging on my front door... the old fart Awesome man that he is :p I jest.

Currently feeling awesome about actually noticably losing my rum belly and my arms and shoulders are alot bigger now :) Weight training works!

8. automagsrock

automagsrock New Member

Good on ya Brawl. I've been doing the weight training thing myself. I love that I can see my biceps, traps and shoulders again :p

9. WarrenJ

WarrenJ Well-Known Member

What are they?

10. b0ng0

b0ng0 Reddomitlum

My new CPU, RAM and Mobo allowing me to run BFBC2 at about 60 FPS as opposed to my previous average of 30.

Oh and my wife.

11. automagsrock

automagsrock New Member

They are muscles which until I started hitting the gym and dieting I had, but there was no definition to them. Now even without flexing and trying, my upper body is getting more defined and those particular muscle groups are easily visible. No longer are they buried under useless fat :)

12. BRAWL

BRAWL Well-Known Member

Can actually agree with you mate, the weights dropping off wonderfully, only issue is it means I've gotta spend £1000+ on a new goddamn wardrobe of clothes eh?

Got commented on by a lass at work earlier when I went for a coffee, "Wow you're buffing up? been the gym"... no but i'm sure I can do press-ups somewhere else ;)... yes it was nearly said, but due to unforseen egotrips I well left that alone lol.

Anyway

Continue your thread...

13. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

I'm really enjoying going to the gym so far. Let's hope I don't let the laziness sneak in.

14. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

I should start going to the gym again... Or at least start running again. I stopped all but necessary outdoor activities once the cold weather set in. That was in October :/

15. WarrenJ

WarrenJ Well-Known Member

More freelance work rolling in. W00t!

16. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Client meeting went well, Client happy with progress, paying a larger deposit than needed, and referring more work to me. Good times.

17. Unicorn

Wowza you lot are really rolling the work in these days! Thankfully things are picking up for me as well. I've sold 3 office systems, one gaming system and one graphics workstation in the past fortnight, and am working really hard on making another gaming system sale, although the customer is being a bit picky and tbh I'm not sure he even has the dough to buy any of the systems I've specced up for him so far, pretty and powerful as they may be.

18. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

about time, too... business was a bit slow last year. Year before it went well (though underpaid).

19. Unicorn

Same here. If I hadn't got the 6 week fitting job before Christmas with my old employer, Christmas would almost have been cancelled here. The rest of 2010 was pretty much the same deal. Hopefully these past couple of weeks are a sign of things to come. They'd better be. I've been chewing over the decision to go back to uni in September for the past few days :rolleyes:

20. bagman

bagman Well-Known Member

going to Bodrum (Turkey) for a week with my best friend for my summer holiday I can't wait