1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays Bloody Useless Pixmania...!!!! (just need to vent)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by PocketDemon, 19 Jan 2011.

1. PocketDemon

PocketDemon Modder

Arrrggghhh!!! i just want to spit & swear loudly...

Yeah, it 'should' be a simple premise...

...you think "what could my father do with for Christmas? - a new monitor, that'll do it"...

...so you have a search around for things within a sensible budget & read reviews & whatnot, & then a quick price check shows Pixmania as being the cheapest by a couple of quid...

...& you double check & it's in stock & they state a 3-5 day delivery (you've got 10 working days left as fathers are notoriously difficult to buy for), so all's fine & you place the order...

...&, whilst not quite 24-48 hours before it's sent, there's still plenty of time so you shrug & keep an eye on the tracking site & then the whole thing starts to go pear shaped...

...the tracking states firstly that the addressee's unknown & then that the sender has permitted a delay...

...so you email & query - & they say 'don't worry, here's the tracking number'...

...so Christmas Day comes & goes & on the 30th you look for the upteenth time & it says that it's been returned to sender...

...so you ring & they say they'll look into it by the next day - & you then get an email to say that it's been delivered on the 30th (which it clearly hasn't)...

...so having checked with the neighbours, you spend 4 days getting them to start an investigation...

...& they say it'll take 7-10 working days (despite it actually saying 7 days in their t&cs)...

...& they then don't respond, & the tracking is showing that they've allowed the courier to delay delivery another 2 times...

...so you email to try, yet again, to resolve things amicably, but get nothing replies...

...so you get really 'cheesed off' (to put it politely) & give them notice that you'll force a refund via the payment method unless they respond...

...& you get a nothing reply...

...so you start forcing a refund...

...& they then claim (despite it being contrary to their t&cs) that they will not refund it until the courier (who could not deliver the thing in 5 weeks) returns it to them...

...& you just want to spit & scream obscenities.

Yeah, i've had very occasional problems with companies before, but normally, even if there's an actual disagreement, they actually try to sort things out... ...however, other than Tesco's grocery delivery service, this is the most appalling customer service i've ever received...

...& my father's still without a Christmas present as i can't order from somewhere else until i get the money back.

Anyway, sorry for the need to vent, but no one's awake atm to speak to & they just emailed their last bit of the story.

Ljs likes this.
  2. neil_b

neil_b Minimodder

They're clearly not taking you (and probably a lot of other people) seriously; get your ducks lined up, and use the small claims court if you can. Normally just the threat pushes these sort of comedians into action and/or they won't even bother to attend and you'd win by default anyway.

PocketDemon likes this.
  3. lamboman

lamboman What's a Dremel?

Of course, it seems that it's quite clear that this isn't working for you; shame really, considering that we've all heard good things about these guys. It's weird, it's always one customer getting tons of bad treatment, it's incredible how they single one person out every time!

Anyway, I personally wouldn't bother with small claims, because it's a lot more effort and risky than just contacting the bank and getting them to pull the money. As far as I know they'll send you a form, then you'll need to provide all the communications relating to the matter between you and Pixmania, and a letter just giving an overview of what's happened. The bank will get the money back for you. If you paid using PayPal (unlikely I presume), they'll ask you to get in touch with PayPal first; do this, but don't expect much, you'll most likely end up going with the bank anyway.

PocketDemon likes this.
  4. adam_bagpuss

adam_bagpuss Have you tried turning it off/on ?

if you havent recieved the item then the item is still thiers and therefore forcing the money back should be fine and it should not matter that the courier has it, its not your problem its thiers.

hope you get it all sorted and i doubt i shall ever use pixmania

PocketDemon likes this.
  5. rosovey

rosovey What's a Dremel?

Correct. It has not been delivered, it therefore has not been signed for and so it is not yours which means they have no right to take your money. So you have every right to get it back however you can

PocketDemon likes this.
  6. quirkalfeeg

quirkalfeeg Its a trick...get an axe.

I feel your pain - I had a similar thing with a courier package from City Link...I'd like to say It was just a piece of bad luck but I've had a couple of incidents with C.L... Not to hijack your thread but it culminated with me having to actually go down to their depot and pick up the item (digital camera) which looked like it had been kicked around the room for an hour.

It's really odd, but soon as the wheels of ****ery start turning with this kind of stuff, there's no way back and it's just an escalating mountain of fury and despair!!

Hope you get it sorted...

Q.

PocketDemon likes this.
  7. Groovedude

Groovedude Minimodder

this would make me very mad, if i was in your position.
    All i can say is keep on at them ring them everyday!!. At the end of the day your not at fault here.

PocketDemon likes this.
  8. PocketDemon

PocketDemon Modder

Cheers guys :)

...having posted then almost thought better of it for fear of getting flamed for self-indulgence...

Yeah, i've used pixmania 4-5 times in the past &, other than their 'tendency' to send things with Euro plugs on (which is no great loss to me as i have spare cables & adaptors aplenty), things had gone smoothly...

...when they come really unstuck (having done a couple Google searches during the last fortnight) appears to be whenever something goes wrong...

...whilst it's obviously a self-selecting group (appearing to be almost exclusively either akin to my situation or that they don't actually have the item in stock) but still a notable number of people, nigh on every case i've found where there's a problem then people are stuck getting absolutely nowhere with their customer service, & weeks & weeks go by...

it's the old adage (that i was brought up with) that's roughly - 'it's not how good things are when everything's going smoothly that matters, but how well things respond when they don't"...

...& saving a few quid when a company is going to act like a fair-weather friend, just isn't worth for me.

Ljs likes this.
  9. padrejones2001

padrejones2001 Puppy Love

10. Xtrafresh

Xtrafresh It never hurts to help

I've had on such experience in the past. For venting purposes, here's the rundown, sorry for thread hijacking :D

Bought a laptop for roughly 900 euros
    delivery time passed, contacted them, then was informed it was EOL, which was a big LOL as it was only announced two weeks earlier.
    Then the story became that it could only be sent to me via another distributor and i'd have to pay extra.
    I told them to stuff it (politely), and demanded my money back.
    Two months and lots and lots of mails later I still had nothing.
    I proceeded to post a very negative, yet factual review on tweakers.net, a dutch tech-site.
    Then i called again, and was informed that the owner would contact me the day after.
    I wasn't called, so i called myself, and the owner basically told me "before we talk about the money, i would like to talk about the review".
    So, i just asked him directly if he was planning to blackmail me into pulling the review by witholding my money, and informed him i was taping the conversation for legal purposes (i wasn't but HE didn't know that).
    Then I told him i was not at all interested in talking about the review, only in getting my money back, and any more attempts at stalling would be met with legal response (I am clueless as to where i would have needed to start, but again, he didn't know ;)).
    Money in the account two days later.
    I felt cool about that for weeks, normally i'm a big pushover at the phone, but these people just managed to get to the boiling point.

Oh, and because i'm not afraid to name & shame after this: it was beat-it.nl the ******* **** **** ********* *** ******* ***

:)

PocketDemon likes this.
  11. Ph4ZeD

Ph4ZeD What's a Dremel?

This is why I order from Scan. Happy to pay £2 for a reliable service.

PocketDemon likes this.
  12. shaunboy

shaunboy Phenom II's are cool guys

The only time I have used Pixmania is when purchasing my trusty Phenom II for £50 (the reason why ordered there) and I recieved it a few days later.

Looking at the ResllerRatings site I now know I was extremely lucky

PocketDemon likes this.
  13. PocketDemon

PocketDemon Modder

As i may have mentioned before, unfortunately Scan banned me a couple of years ago on my first time of usage when i insisted on actually getting the postage refunded for returning a faulty mobo as per the distance selling regs (money was very tight at the time & had need to borrow part of the money to build the machine)...

...they did still send out the replacement promptly though & it worked perfectly.

Yeah, that just taught me to always ask companies what method they want things sent back by/if they want to arrange collection - though i had used only used Special Delivery (as it was a £250 mobo so needed insurance), rather than having it chauffeured to them or something equally foolish that they'd have been quite justified in baulking at.

it's not that i have constant problems of course as things normally work out & i'm not *that* pernickety - but, as i've bought almost everything (clothes & shoes, electronic goods, food, white goods, etc, etc) online for years now, from time to time something will be faulty/DOA or the wrong item sent or...

...&, as i'd rather not create disagreement needlessly, it's better to learn from experience.

14. pimonserry

pimonserry sounds like a party.

I bought a £700 laptop last year from Pixmania, it was delivered 4 days later or so, yet they didn't charge my account for 2 weeks.

They need to get their **** in order :eyebrow:

PocketDemon likes this.
  15. dead beat

dead beat Rippin six 4 life

I ordered my first GTX580 from Pixmania just before new year. They shipped from France Via UPS and it only took 4 days to get to me. I guess some people are just lucky.

PocketDemon likes this.
  16. Foiseworth

Foiseworth Newbie

I have only ordered one item off Pixmania (GT 240) and never again!

Ordered item, 2 days after estimated delivery date tracking information on courier website was stuck at 'Order created',

Pixmania - 'With courier, you need to call them',
    Courier 'We don't have it yet'
    Pixmania 'Not our problem, call back in 30 days and we'll start an investigation'
    Courier 'Investigation can be started if Pixmania request one'
    Pixmania 'Not our problem'
    Me 'Cancel my order'
    Pixmania 'Not our problem, Call back in 30 days'
    Courier 'We now have the items' (20 days after it should have been sent out)
    Arrived 2 days later....

Pixmania are useless and do not care about customer service if my experience is to go by.

Though I have also had issues with ebuyer and play... maybe I'm the issue?

PocketDemon likes this.
  17. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

I only used them once a few years ago to buy a printer which did a grand tour of europe over three weeks before it arrived. To be fair the Dutch or German lady i spoke to on the phone was always polite and helpful.

PocketDemon likes this.
  18. Repo

Repo What's a Dremel?

I only used them once, even though I'd read more than enough posts warning against doing so.

After my own experience I shall certainly never use them again!

PocketDemon likes this.
  19. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

PocketDemon tell me you used a credit card! If you did and the monitor cost £100 or over since they have failed to deliver you can claim the money back from your credit card company directly if Pixmania don't play ball. The proviso is called Section 75 and applies to all credit cards.

Used it myself with Pixmania since I bought a graphics card that turned out to be faulty. Instead of a refund they credited funds to a 'Pix Piggy Bank'! Basically it credits the website with funds so you are forced to re-spend your money with them! Simply informed American Express under Section 75 and Pixmania soon returned the money to my credit card, job done :thumb:

PocketDemon likes this.
  20. PocketDemon

PocketDemon Modder

PayPal AND Credit Card... ...yeah, atm a claim's going through PayPal however it's hardly instant - & not helped by Pixmania randomly submitting a link to the tracking info (which shows a load of contradictory rubbish & nothing after the 10th), rather than actually dealing with things...

Obviously, if PayPal don't sort it out then i can fall back on my CC, but there's got to be an order to these things unfortunately.