1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Linux Minecraft; Official Bit-tech server

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Stickeh, 6 Oct 2010.

1. JrRRr

JrRRr Minecraft addict

Are there any other neat thing this plugin could do other thatn the format?

I wonder: Is there a plugin/extenison or anything that could post what we write to a discusion board, irc or something, would be easier to read in a window beside the game. That could of course make it visible to others if we can't solve that in a fancy way.. ;)

2. JrRRr

JrRRr Minecraft addict

Another thing about lwc - for those of us who don't use it, is that taken as an invitation for others to take stuff from us, since they could think that "Hey, this stuff isn't protected - it must be free to take.." Not that I've seen anything got stolen.. ..yet.. ..I feel it's about trust: If I passwd protect my stuff, that means I don't trust you guys - you know?

3. MrsFio

MrsFio THE Minecraft Woman

Hmmpf.. I just went to tend to queenscastle (creative server) and guess what..
    The doors and door-edges (gold and diamond) was gone - and ALL wool floor was gone inside - and the wool in the stairs to second floor..

And outside I had a chest of wool from Journeyer - for another project I started - and it was exploded and just some of the wool was laying around it here and there.. (still "floating" in the air so I could gather the remains)

That's so childish!!
    I fixed it now but if it happens again I'll do more drastic work to find out who did it..

4. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

Ok, that's it!
    hmod better get back in place soon so we admins can wield our righteous power of righteousness again!

5. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

Its not that i dont trust anybody, its more just for things like diamonds that are soo rare i cant afford not to protect them. I dont like carrying everything precious on me.

Theres the possibility that some things have gone missing out of one of the chests in mine/suixias house (only torches/coal etc.) we cant be sure because we werent keeping tabs on what was there, neither of us can work out where they could have gone though.

We have an idea of who it could have been but nothing to prove this.

6. Wicked_Sludge

Wicked_Sludge My eyes! The goggles do nothing!

lwc keeps the honest people honest. if you had no intention of stealing things from others' chests then you have no reason to feel untrusted.

zer0mind lost 2 stacks of bricks the day before lwc was implemented, thus we both now use it.

7. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

I didn't use LWC for the reason i explained when it was implemented, but now i have so much stuff i just can't keep track of it.

8. 13eightyfour

I take it lwc is working fine for everybody else then :sigh:

9. Wicked_Sludge

just tried it, lets me create new protections...

10. 13eightyfour

Hmmm ill try in a bit, but before it would allow me to create protections but i couldnt actually assign them to anything.

11. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

hmod is updated, but the current build doesn't quite work yet according to this thread. They are working on fixing the problem though, so it's close now. :D
    So, I will sit here F5-ing the hmod thread while twiddling my thumbs waiting for an update.

*twiddle*

12. Wicked_Sludge

thumbs arent the only thing j's been known to twiddle...:worried:

13. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

Oh you, you know me so well... :naughty:

*twiddle*

14. Wicked_Sludge

you know, i do have a chest full of redstone awaiting use at battleships...

15. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

Ahh..yes, I noticed. I completely forgot to thank you for that, so; thank you.
    Unfortunately MC lagged so badly for me this weekend it was entirely unplayable. So instead I resorted to AC: Brotherhood and socializing with the missus. I tried getting the gallery done properly, hanging paintings and sticking up signs, but as it took a full fifteen seconds for paintings to appear, and another ten for them to go away if I removed them, I rage quit and did something else. It was also horribly unstable with random crashes and lockups.

Additionally I did not receive my new graphics card saturday (damn slow postal service), so I suspect I will get it today, which means I will most likely lock myself away in my computer room tonight.

16. Wicked_Sludge

im curious why its so unstable for you. i havnt heard of any problems since the 1.3 switch. maybe you should try deleting your .minecraft files and let everything re-download?

17. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

Hm, maybe I should try that. I did run with a downgraded client for a while after all, and I were told that no-one else that I met on the server this weekend had similar issues. Ok, I'll reinstall my client and see what that does.

18. confusis

confusis Kiwi-modder

Hmm didn't realise there could be a protection mod..

Anything valuable I usually carry! I generally build with dirt and sand and tbh i wouldn't mind if somebody emptied my chest of them.. A protection patch is a good idea though for those who store a lot of tools/valuable/hard to find stuff.

On a positive note, I've been throwing small amounts of excess stuff into the chests near spawn :)

Last edited: 28 Feb 2011
  19. Xtreme_Machine

Xtreme_Machine Survivalist

iChat can not do anything else but there is CraftIRC, which ports between chat and IRC. I did not think this would be used much so i never thought of setting it up :) It can be done though :)

That said, maybe i should also look into iConomy because i remember i promised that a while back. Have been busy with other stuff to be honest :) Is that still something people want? I really do not want to go through the hassle of setting this up if its completely unused.

20. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

I don't like the idea of having iconomy on the server. We rarely ever need to trade and good old fashioned barter works fine then.