1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Linux Minecraft; Official Bit-tech server

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Stickeh, 6 Oct 2010.

1. Xtreme_Machine

Xtreme_Machine Survivalist

Mhh... you know the format is different right?

/give <player> <id> [number]

Otherwise it would be the ops.txt

2. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

Hm, yes, but I tried giving to myself, which shouldn't require playername ... right?

3. Xtreme_Machine

Dont know, i think it does

At least, when i tried i added my name and that worked

Edit:

My god, why don't the *******s just install (Craft)Bukkit :S

4. JrRRr

JrRRr Minecraft addict

Hi Chris!
    I would definatly recommend the "Minecraft: How to survive and thrive"-series on YouTube. Each lesson is about 14 minutes, and the speaker takes you through the basics as well as tips and tricks. He's got a good voice and humorous comments. :thumb:

5. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

Nope, doesn't work.
    Gah! Damnit! I feel so handicapped ... like my hands have been chopped off!

6. Kroy

Kroy Minimodder

7. tomokazu

tomokazu What's a Dremel?

Hello, One of my friends suggested this server to me. I don't know how to join or anything. Can I have a PM with the server details and stuffs?

8. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

You cannot.
    People coming on here just to register for one post of asking for the IP tends to be told to stick around a while, contribute to the community and make yourselves known to us. Then you may be granted access to one, or both, of the servers. These are not public servers, and as such this is what we've decided upon doin in order to keep griefing at an absolute minimum, and to ensure the best possibly community to play within. I'm not saying that you will definitely not be given access, just that you will have to, well, earn it (for lack of a better term).

9. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

Wow J, redstone withdrawal taking its toll on you? :p That firm statement even caught my attention, i better get you sorted out on MPUK, STAT

10. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

Lol, and here I was thinking I was being diplomatic and understanding.
    The withdrawal must be taking its toll indeed ... I have developed a slight tick and a twitch, but attributed those to lack of sleep. Uh oh.
    Yes please sort me out ... oh pretty please with a cherry and a sprinkling of sugar on top! But, there doesn't seem to be a spawn item command available in the vanilla admin tools... at least not as far as I can see from the list of admin commands on the wiki.

Edit: However, it does seem like the new hmod version is on track for release on monday. So the real question is; who here is in a position to pester MPUK sufficiently for them to install it as soon as it is released?

Edit2: Nooooooo......oooooo....! Minecraft.net is down!

Edit3: Hm, apparently the /give command should work on the vanilla 1.3 version. Hey Dragunov, have you re-established my admin status yet? (Yes, I am nagging). :D

Last edited: 26 Feb 2011
  11. lp rob1

lp rob1 Modder

Ahem Dragunov... just to bring an old post to your attention

12. Kroy

Kroy Minimodder

when told to "stick around to get to know us" one thing that anyone looking to endear themselves to the B-T community sufficiently to get access is get folding for the CPC/B-T foldingathome team. Check out threads such as http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=167131 for more information :D

13. lp rob1

lp rob1 Modder

I would, but throttling is an issue. Not by the CPU, mind you, but by my mum when she has to pay the electricity bill. If electricity was cheap, then I would be folding at least 12h/d, with SMP client + GPU.

14. Xtreme_Machine

Time for a status update!!! :D (man it has been a long time)

- Server updated to 1.3
    - Switched from hMod to (Craft)Bukkit
    - Added cool new plugins
    + BigBrother (griefer watching/rollback)
    + Nether (Thats right, Netherportals work!! Most people figured it out already ;))
    + LWC (Chest/Furnace/Dispenser/Everything protection)
    + FlashLight (For those dark times when you feel all alone (use with care, laggs the server a little))
    - I fixed Overviewer again (fixed as in me changing the code! :D Yes for real!! I didn't even know python :rock:)
    - I reduced the memory assigned to the heap to 3GB again, everything seems fine so far

and a warm welcome to all new players! :thumb:

I am also testing with a new Bukkit version. That broke nearly all good plugins and some plugins switched groupsupport plugin. So i'll need to change around everything. When i get it all up and running i'll report back on when the switch will occur. Preferably when noone is on the server offcourse :) (i hate downtime :p)

15. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

Woah, i'm not sure if that's within the tolerances of a purist server to be honest.

16. Xtreme_Machine

That is true, but i believe the impact is minimal.
    It's effectively like holding a torch. The light is also very directional. If others feel it should be removed it's gone :)

17. Kroy

Kroy Minimodder

minecraft.net down. Again. *sigh*.

18. MrsFio

MrsFio THE Minecraft Woman

+1

19. Xtreme_Machine

Due to MC.net being down i switched the servers around from testing into production :)

Everything (CraftBukkit and plugins) is now running the newest version available.
    This should fix a couple things like the invincible blocks i hope.

Only two minor changes because of incompatibility with the current CB build:

- FlashLight is no longer available.
    - iChat is no longer available. (Little impact, the chat layout is a bit different and my name is now white instead of dark-grey :p)

And i found the fix for VERY wrong respawning when dying in Nether. The SpawnControl plugin (allowed spawning inside buildings) was the source of the problem. SpawnControl is now removed and spawnlocation is reset to the Town Hall terrace.

Also i added a plugin manager plugin (yeah, weird huh :rolleyes:) So now i can fool around with plugins without having to restart the entire server.

I believe i have copied everything over correctly. Let me know if you run into any issues.

Kiytan likes this.
  20. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

The lack of uptime's really beginning to bug me now its seems i spend more time looking at 'cant connect to minecraft.net' as i do playing the game :sigh: