1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows NFS Shift 2

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by sonicgroove, 31 Mar 2011.

1. sonicgroove

sonicgroove Radical Atheist

Just got it and am very impressed with the gameplay. I am also gutted that they didn't work on the load times. you still have to sit there twiddling your thumbs for a full minute or more while a race loads. I can roll a *** and light it in that time!Not even an SSD and a 5ghz chip makes any difference. lets hope a patch comes out soon....it didn't last time so i won't hold my breath:sigh:

2. Draksis

Draksis What's a Dremel?

!? What system do you run the game? Playing Shift 1, my load times are about 20seconds - and I wouldn't say my pc a monster at all.

A question for you though: can you customise your button layout - or are you stuck with the retard layouts that the game ships with?

3. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

Your not running it in Win 7 under any compatibilty mode are you? Doing this with a lot of games seems to hit load times severly. I did the same with Stalker Call Of Pripyat and once I had realised the load times went down from nearly a minute to less than 10 seconds!!

4. EvoDOOM

EvoDOOM What's a Dremel?

How's the handling?

5. backdrifter

backdrifter What's a Dremel?

+1

I've got a copy of this sat waiting to be used (PS3 version though - not my choice!) and would love to know how it handles before I bump it up the 'next to play' list.

6. Lankuzo

Lankuzo CPC Refugee

I hate the handling. Doesn't feel realistic at all. Feels like your on ice and steering to soft.

Thats just my opinion though. You guys might like it

7. Rogan

Rogan Not really a

There's a fix for handling: http://www.nogripracing.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1331517

It's basically an input delay, so you have very little feedback from controls and makes everything feel floaty and horrible. Setting handling to elite helps as well.

When that's fixed it should be brilliant, it reminds me of the handling of GT1 + GT2 without the awful AI. Maybe TOCA Touring cars.

I still can't get a good steering sensitivity on the xbox controller, though. Has anyone got a value that gives close to a 1:1 output for stick deflection?

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/5531572.page

Hmm...

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?p=1037051610

A lot better, but I'm still having a lot of difficulty getting the steering how I like it. It's really sensitive around the deadzone, and I'm having one hell of a time tuning it because I have to leave the bloody race if I want to adjust the settings. :(

http://game.downloadatoz.com/tutori...for-speed-advanced-controls-setups-guide.html

e: Better, still not quite right.

Last edited: 2 Apr 2011
  8. patrickk84

patrickk84 What's a Dremel?

^^ Awesome post. Ordered the game two days ago. Can't wait!

9. Rogan

Rogan Not really a

TY, I'm starting to think speed sensitivity is causing lots of problems. That might be why the tail goes mad in some corners.

It is getting better with more tweakage though.

Not this good:

I need to sort it out because drifting is completely impossible ATM. :(

Also, the drift guy is unintentionally hilarious.

Last edited: 2 Apr 2011
  10. Paul2011

Paul2011 Minimodder

please tell me you can turn that stupid blur off? id like to glance at how fast im going to know the limits of corner speeds

11. Rogan

Rogan Not really a

Yeah there's a mod that turns off blur and I think it strips that odd crash effect as well.

The actual instruments are pretty small though, and you need high textures on to read anything.

12. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

oh god please give me a link to that mod. I still can't set things up properly and I cant even compete in the higher races (Modern A in particular, as apparently having a works r35 v-spec means everyone else is in bugatti's and whatnot).

13. Rogan

Rogan Not really a

14. patrickk84

patrickk84 What's a Dremel?

Just wanted to thank you Rogan. You gave me a great starting point to fine tune my controls. You like your steering sensitivity so low? That was the one thing I have at 70%. And I'm using an xbox controller on my pc.

I think the DampeningEnabled made the most difference though.

patrickk84@gmail.com is the account I have the game associated with. I wouldn't mind adding some friends to see how I stack up in the autolog...

Cheers!

15. Rogan

Rogan Not really a

My pleasure.

I'm at about 50-75% sensitivity atm. I'm close but it's still not perfect. I think when it comes down to it you need to do some setup on your car. The ride height and LSD settings seem to be way off most of the time. Also steering lock generally responds well to tweaking.

16. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

LSD settings never seem to be right in most games.

Brake bias may be something worth tweaking if your having problems with the back stepping out. GT5 for some reason thinks every car should have 5-5 brake bias, when only really the racing cars can take 5-5.

That video makes the handling look appalling to me. Looks like the tyres aren't even in contact with the ground, the car just turns and slides too well, :D

17. Rogan

Rogan Not really a

I've sort of messed up some of my car upgrades so I'm stuck on a MK1 GTI.

Default settings it feels like you're skidding along ice, after a bit of tweaking you can get it a lot more stable in deceleration. I need to tweak the springs a bit more and it should be pretty mint.

18. bdigital

bdigital Is re-building his PC again

I pre-oredered this from game on the PC. I havnt picked it up yet as i wanted to find out how it is.

I intend using it with my Driving Force GT wheel on the PC. But im a bit worried the handling is going to be like pushing a shopping trolley on ice!

Is it like the original? becuase i didnt like the handling in that one either. If so, can you at least configure the wheel so that it handles properly?

19. Thanh55

Thanh55 What's a Dremel?

What a driver, really nice there. Just wonder could you please tell me how can you find that film in the game and post it on youtube? Many thanks

20. bdigital

bdigital Is re-building his PC again

Does anyone play this game with the Logitech Driving Force GT and have some decent settings?

I have fine-tuned the cars a bit, but the handling is still not what I would call 'hooked up'

The car's behaivour and the feedback from wheel doesn’t make me feel like the car is 'connected' to the road. Whereas something like Forza or GTR2 you actually feel connected and can tell when you are pushing the limits etc.

Does anyone have a decent setup with this wheel yet?