1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other The hardest game you completed

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Paul2011, 6 May 2011.

1. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

Sorry but i had to add in response the 'real' manic miner! Complete with loading screen hell :lol:

*mutter grumble C64 mutter*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZYuGUCrkoU&feature=related

Gunsmith if you actually had a Neo-Geo, i hate you :p Always wanted to play Soccer Brawl after watching Games World.

I seem to remember Night Trap being a damn annoying and drawn out process of trial and error.

And with regard to that particular system Sewer Shark was damn near impossible since the hardware couldn't cope with the game :lol:

2. Professor Chaox

Professor Chaox What's a Dremel?

Toughest game I didn't complete was Perfect Dark Zero on the dark difficulty setting. Toughest game I have completed would probably be Killzone 2, possibly more because the AI partner Rico whines every time he gets look at funny. I am a little suprised by the mentioning of Demon souls, though granted I never started a new game+. Maybe it is nostalgia, but I thought Death Trap Dungeon was more difficult than Demon Souls, wasn't it?

3. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

Did anyone ever complete Operation: Flashpoint's campaign? Like most, I just mucked about on the individual missions after dying repeatedly in seemingly impossible situations a few levels into the campaign.

4. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

Completed it a few times. Few insanely hard missions, such as the escaping the camp when you're captured. I actually managed to do that one by getting into the gunners seat in the BMP, laid waste to everything in sight then jumped into the Hind, flew around aimlessly and somehow triggered a mission complete by flying over home base :D

5. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

I think that was the quickest game I ever binned. :hehe: Getting shot from no where and then realising no matter how you performed it through you into a scripted event was enough of a disconnect for me stop playing.

6. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Hidden & Dangerous, probably.

Also getting GTA:SA and GTA:4 to 100 % completion (as well as the others before them) was pretty hard the first time round. I used to hold a lot of records for GTA3 and GTAVC on the Grand Theft Auto forums, no idea if they still stand though :p

7. Kanester

Kanester Quake God.

The 1st Resident Evil on the PS1, Me and my mate played it all night, I couldn't sleep for weeks!

Good game. :)

8. nathanddave

nathanddave What's a Dremel?

ikaruga, a game that originally came out for the gamecube and other consoles as well as being released on xbox live arcade.

An awesome game, even had coop :)

9. ChromeX

ChromeX Minimodder

Yeah cleared it twice, once you get over the mechanics of the game i.e. no health, get shot once you're dead. It's actually a fun game, granted as said previously, there are some really hard parts and it kinda feels like you win more through luck than skill, but I found they were few and far between.

10. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

Alright then, how about this one: who's got 100% completion on Just Cause 2 yet? :p

It's not difficult at all, it's just ****ing boring. The game world's bigger than my mom's ass, and every inch of it is host to a million South Americans (also like my mom's ass, I suppose.) I can't imagine how long it'd take.

11. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Sonic 2 on the Game Gear, Never did beat the first level. Also Sonic on the Mega Drive/360 Arcade just annoys me, Can complete it, but death is a constant for me... Fecking Labyrinth Zone.

Halo 2 Legendary was damn hard, but 3, ODST and Reach got easier, even on Legendary.

Sam

12. knuck

knuck Hate your face

Nobody ever seems to believe me when I say this game was incredibly difficult. I don't even remember if I managed to beat the final boss but I remember clearly trying over and over and over again

13. Ph4ZeD

Ph4ZeD What's a Dremel?

Goldeneye. Even got the invulnerability cheat.

14. Fizzban

Fizzban Man of Many Typos

I did that too. Lots of swearing along the way xD aah...Loved that game.

-

Project IGI springs to mind. I finished it, but I remember it was a struggle.

15. OCJunkie

OCJunkie OC your Dremel too

Metro 2033 on hard... well the "surface" parts anyway: very linear design + mutants + time limit = not always fun!

16. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

I usually complete FPSs on the hardest mode available - Metro 2033 I had to put back to easy for the later levels! The librarian section was a complete nightmare.

17. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

it's now the witcher 2!

it's easy if you stop and think it through though, just cant bash you're way through.

Beating the first big boss, there's hundreds of thread of people on the net moaning it's too hard....but if you get the tactic right you can kill it on insane difficulty without taking a hit.....try and bash it to death and it'll kill you on easy difficulty.

Brilliant!

18. Jeremias

Jeremias What's a Dremel?

When winning against the Mephisto home chess computer (formerly the best one on the market) on highest level :D It took me 24 hours thinking time, the computer needed 20 minutes...

Well, ok, it's about computer games. I managed conquering Washington in Panzer General on highest difficulty level without saving. In CivII I reached Alpha Centauri when in the real world Colombus discovered America (I simply spared out the medieval age :D)

19. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

Completing the original Unreal Tournament as the last boss was exceptionally difficult. Your probably thinking wtf is he talking about it wasn't that hard? You will lol at this but as I grew up on BBC games it never occurred to me that you could use the mouse to aim so it was the arrow keys for turn left and right, forward and backwards, A and Z to look up and down and left control for shoot. :D

I still remember the day my sisters boyfriend took one look at me playing called me an idiot and started using the mouse. :duh:

20. Blarte

Blarte Moderate Modder

finding it hard to complete Brink at the moment, the driver for the 580's in Sli keep falling over and blue screening me ugh.