1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals Recommend me a mouse

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Ph4ZeD, 28 May 2011.

1. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

Do not buy the Roccat Kone + ! I received mine a few days ago, clicked the buttons and promptly put it back in the box. Its just awful quality, definitely go for a Logitech! Mine was to replace an original MX revolution which had a broken charger and touching the Roccat made me fix the old charger and revert back to the MX!

2. Fishlock

Fishlock .o0o.

It's funny because mine feels great. I've had so many high-spec mice (Razer, Logitech, Cyborg, etc) and this feels really good. I would say a Deathadder is more comfortable if you play for hours, but they're equal in terms of quality.

3. sp4nky

sp4nky BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

I can't really comment on this thread because my experience of mice is limited to about three:

Logitech G5: nice shape, gimmicky with the "customizable weight package" and hence overpriced
    Razer Deathadder: awful shape, felt "wrong" so I gave it to someone who needed a mouse.
    Logitech MX518: nice shape, 2 thumb buttons, three DPI settings, used it for years now and not likely to change.

Best part of the MX518 is the price - only £20.

4. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

Speak for yourself. Even at 3200 DPI I still find that frustrating pixel point between motions. Most amusing thing I had from it was a video of my crosshairs jumping from one side of the guys head to another from the way the sensitivity was working out, but different settings suit different people, so you may not have that issue.

5. 3lusive

3lusive Minimodder

I would recommend the G500 because it does feel great in my hands but that has build quality issues too. Had mine for about a month and the central little button which lets you change between two different types of 'scrolls' for the scroll wheel has already started to randomly stop working.

6. Ph4ZeD

Ph4ZeD What's a Dremel?

So far I'm tempted to go for the G500, the MX performance is a little too expensive for my liking. May just have to sacrifice for a wired mouse.

7. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

TBH once you've got the cable sorted out: It's fine. Take the mice to the lowest-edge of your mousemat (Or whatever you're using as a mouse-surface), add enough cable so it's a little slack, then try and ensure it always retains that amount of cable spare, that way you shouldn't wind up tugging on the cable when you move the mouse, then you should barely feel it.

8. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

Then you let go the mouse, for a short moment and the mouse moves due to the wire pushing, or hit the wire on your desk, moving the mouse, which can be annoying when you are watching a video and want to move the cursor away from it, or wake up the PC, remove from a hold position in a game, while you take a bite of something. And then during intense gaming the wire falls back and annoys you, or is on your way.

This is just my view, based on my experience. I say this, just to show that wire mouse can be annoying to some.

P.S: Cool thing about a good mouse.. no need mouse mat, which adds resistance to the mouse when moving, you have the whole desk as your mouse area :)

9. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

I use a wired G5 and I don't even notice its wired, I never feel any push or pull from the cable, as long as you leave yourself enough free cable and then tether it to the desk at its longest extent it shouldn't be any issue.

10. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

Goodbytes, do you have an original MX? I love mine, the charger broke recently and I purchased a Roccat Kone + as a replacement. Opened the box, clicked the buttons and put it back in the box. Its got to be the worse mouse build quality I have ever come across.

Now fixed the charger dock :D

11. Arthur

Arthur It's for 'erberts !

I have used the same razer Lachesis for the last 3 years and its still as ultra responsive now as it was on day one....best mouse i have ever had in 30 years of gaming.

12. r3loaded

r3loaded Minimodder

Sidewinder X8 - wireless, and can be charged while you use it. It also has Microsoft's BlueTrack tech which tracks really well. May not be good for you if you have small hands though.

13. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

+1 for the MX518. Also Logitech's customer service is second to none - last year my G9 broke after only three months and when I told them about it they sent me a new G9X within three days; I didn't even have to return the original faulty mouse.

The G9x is also really nice but rather expensive...

14. TheManicGibbon

TheManicGibbon I have no idea what's going on

+1

Best mouse I have ever used, super comfy and super accurate. Cannot recommend this mouse enough. You can choose to have it wired or wireless, and like r3loaded said, it can be charged while you use it.

I also like the choice of feet. Some may consider this a bit of a gimmick but I like it, and when paired with a SteelSeries QcK the glide is just perfect. :D

15. Ph4ZeD

Ph4ZeD What's a Dremel?

Thanks for all the mice recommendations. I'm looking at the G9X, the G500 or Sidewinder X8. Tempted by the X8 as being able to charge and play is a huge plus - my own MX Revolution could not do this and it was frustrating. Do like the G9X too but Scan's website seems to be indicating that they only sell the OEM version which only has a years warranty? Don't feel like spending £55 on a mouse that could break in 13 months and leave me having to buy another!

16. TheManicGibbon

TheManicGibbon I have no idea what's going on

I'm willing to answer any questions you have about the X8 :)

Can get it for under £50 now off Amazon, I [think] I've had mine for over a year now and its still great. No "lag" over the wireless or other things that the trolls spraff about wireless gaming mice.

And no, I don't work for Microsoft :p, I just think it's a great mouse :)

17. Ph4ZeD

Ph4ZeD What's a Dremel?

How long does the mouse last on a charge? My MX Revolution always lasted ages on a charge.

18. r3loaded

r3loaded Minimodder

My mouse probably lasts me at least a week, possibly more. It's so long that I try to keep track but keep forgetting when I last charged it. And same thing Gibbon said, no lag over wireless at all.

19. Ph4ZeD

Ph4ZeD What's a Dremel?

Good, thats exactly what I would expect. My MX had zero lag and the cursor always behaved exactly as if it was wired.

20. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Logitech G9X hands down. What I love about mine is changing the DPI up or down, just by touching a button on top of the mouse. The wheel is great cause you can have it so it just glides (Which is great for scrolling fast with little effort) or have it so the mouse wheel is restricted for smoothness. Also the weights are great, so you can change how heavy the mouse is. 1 last thing is, you can change the colour of the led lights to what ever you desire.

Its a no brainier, if funds are not a problem.

Cheers,

Simon.

Last edited by a moderator: 29 May 2011