1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tottenham Riots

Discussion in 'Serious' started by Dwarfer, 8 Aug 2011.

1. Solidus

Solidus Superhuman

Well to be honest you could blame the current government for this in an indirect way;

The cuts they have been doing to the justice budget has hit the police, prisons, probation and courts really hard.

They just dont have the man power to handle this type of stuff.

Its like I have always said; if there is one thing the government shouldnt skimp on its law and order and maintaining the law.

This government plans to sell everything to the highest bidder and run everything at rock bottom prices; justice, law and order doesnt work like that.

People are disgruntled and pissed off with where the country is headed; there are many directionless people out there that have just fallen off the radar that look for things like this.

Now I know some of you will defend the government saying you cant blame them; but from what iv seen it gets to a point with many people that stuff like this becomes viable - simply because their own lives are terrible and opportunities to turn that around are few and far between.

The government may not have caused this but they sure as hell didnt make it any easier to avoid.

2. dave_salmon

dave_salmon What's a Dremel?

3. Dwarfer

Dwarfer What's a Dremel?

Some people are sayings its the people rising up... against what? This is NOT a political riot this is mindless chavvy c*nts ruining normal peoples lives!

@Solidus

Blaming the last government maybe after-all they put us in the position we're in now!

4. mucgoo

mucgoo Minimodder

Blaming the current government isn't fair. They got left with massive debts so cuts were necessary. If they hadn't cut the law budget then maybe they would lower benefits or raise taxes, and as inequality is to blame according to some their still to blame. Someone loses out wherever you reduce money being spent.

5. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

This. Is. Stupid.

They are just going to ransack london.

GET. THE. ARMY. IN.

6. FuzzyOne

FuzzyOne

Essex and Suffolk too.

7. Chr!s

Chr!s What's a Dremel?

We want it to happen but it never will.

If the Army is called in, then it proves the MET can't handle the situation, which means a top cop will loose their job etc.

Just hope people don't start getting killed just to save face.

8. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

Some scary shizzle this. Must have strong words with their mothers... maybe this lady will do Nexxo's job for him. She gets my vote anyway.

dave_salmon likes this.
  9. The Monk

The Monk Minimodder

Was just about to post that! It's an absolute joke, we don't have enough police by the look of it to cover everywhere and the mobs seem to be moving to where the police aren't.

10. Er-El

Er-El Minimodder

11. mucgoo

mucgoo Minimodder

12. Bede

Bede Minimodder

It's not lack of police that is the problem, it's lack of police leadership. I do not know how you slime your way to the top of the Met, but it is not through decisive leadership. The media and past and present governments have to share the blame - endless criticism of the police has left them afraid to seem brutal.

Earlier I thought that a heavy-handed police response was not a good idea - that it would inflame things further. I think different now.

I have seen buildings burn, children run wild while their parents stay at home, innocent people be hurt. Enough is enough, put the army on the streets with baton rounds instead of live ammunition. I know from personal experience working with these children that they primarily respond to strength. Show strength and they will wilt away.

13. Er-El

Er-El Minimodder

Justice for Mark Duggan:
    [​IMG]

14. dave_salmon

It would be hilarious to see the army brought in. Simply to see how these thuglets react to a warrior or a snatch full of pissed off soldiers turning up and 'politely' telling them to %$#@ off.

15. dave_salmon

I saw this. Was tempted to send it in to the MET and the beeb. Probably thousands have by now though.

16. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

You are just getting caught in correspondent inference (look it up). You can't see the connection with political protesters because you actually agree with those, while these guys are behaving like, well, thugs, thieves and terrorists. It's like Christians saying that atheists don't believe in anything. They do --they just believe in something very different. This is also why nobody is getting a handle on terrorism; they just can't get into their mindset.

I'm not freaking out --you lot are. BRING IN THE ARMY!!! SHOOT THEM ALL!!! Yeah, because that worked so well in the past. 'Cause you can really let rip the big guns on a crowd that will just disperse and hide in a built-up civilian area full of innocent family households. Northern Ireland perhaps not teach you a few things?

Give me a break. You all sound a bit hysterical. With the G20 riots you were all ready to cut the Police's balls off for brutality; now you think they're too soft and complacent. Over the last months you've been witnessing how regimes a lot tougher than ours have been struggling to contain civilian unrest. You think that if the UK government escalated this into an armed confrontation that it would do better? You think that looting chavs and violent gangs are softer than civilians fighting for their democratic freedoms? Such levels of violence, that is what they know.

17. RichCreedy

RichCreedy Hey What Who

read them the riot act then shoot them, all riots should be dealt with this way.

Last edited: 8 Aug 2011
  18. NuTech

NuTech Minimodder

My city :(

Where are these kid's parents?

This reminds me of the Vancouver riots - half the world fighting for freedom while we're destroying our home because of sporting losses and the chance of a free blu-ray.

If anything good comes of this it will be a long, honest look at our youth culture - and how long it has gone unchecked.

19. dave_salmon

To lighten the mood a little, an image from the Facebook group "I bet gavin from autoglass is wanking at all the cracked windows up town"

[​IMG]

THIS is how you loot.

20. Bede

Bede Minimodder

@Nexxo.

On this night, who are the disenfranchised? It is not the looters. It is the ordinary citizens (the overwhelming majority) who are afraid to leave their homes. It is those whose workplaces are burnt down and now have no job. It is the people assaulted by 16 year olds in gangs.