1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi The World Of Tanks thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by octoberfest, 17 Feb 2010.

1. Lizard

Lizard @ Scan R&D

If you open up the gun list in the possible upgrades in the bottom centre of the screen it will tell you how fast that gun fires on that tank (the variable value is due to different turrets/tanks).

However, even this value is modified by how good your loader and commander is.

2. Xen0phobiak

Xen0phobiak SMEGHEADS!

I don't actually have a Tiger 2 to do that yet :) I've been comparing stats on the tier 8s.

3. mucgoo

mucgoo Minimodder

I've never actually worked out how crew skill is linked to the max stats.
    Someone care to explain?

Say you've got a 100hp engine and a 50% driver what hp do you have effectively? It's not exactly 50% of the max is it.
    Then if you have 100% skill do you get the true value or do you need a 110%? or a 120% (vents+consumable)

4. Xen0phobiak

Xen0phobiak SMEGHEADS!

See the table on the right here: http://wiki.worldoftanks.com/Battle_Mechanics#Tank_Statistics

5. The Monk

The Monk Minimodder

I've just got to level 3 and really enjoying it BUT it sucks when you get several shots on a tank without even scratching it and then it just 1 hits me. Although I apparently score a critical hit but yet 0 damage. Or is it that critical hit is just on the area where you hit? EG hit the tracks from side on and its a "critical hit" but still does 0 damage because my ammo sucks.

6. Xye

Xye What's a Dremel?

Critical hits are where you damage either a module or crew member. So you can knock its tracks off but not actually do any damage.

7. mucgoo

mucgoo Minimodder

Thanks xeno
    Harsh penalties for novice crews

@monk
    When you damage modules that crit damage. You may not even be turning them red just yellow.
    You know to switch to HE when you can't penetrate with AP?

8. MrJay

MrJay You are always where you want to be

Matchmaking seems a bit broken to me : (

2/3 games my Pza III is grouped with heavy tanks and not just a few I'm talking half of each team.
    Which restricts my tactics to - Charge their arty and take a few out before getting dicked by lurking TD

1/3 games are spot on, got a good mix of light and medium tanks, stuff that i can actually hold my own against.

I know you have to play your tank to its strength, Mine is speed obviously but with my 5cm gun i feel a bit impotent when a KV rolls up in front of me, even a few shots in the rear usually yield no more than 1-2% damage. And yes Ive been using AP and HE shells.

Does it become a bit of an annoying grind here until I progress to the next tier?

I'm loving the game all but the matchmaking >.<

9. Grimloon

Grimloon What's a Dremel?

I'm finding the same issue with the T-28 and A-20 - everyone else can one shot me and I can barely scratch their paint. The only way I can get any XP with either is by arty pillaging or spotting and as I don't have crew with camo skill on either (not at 100% basic skill yet) I'm generally spotted before I see anyone else. The grind on either definitely isn't my idea of fun.

The tier range with SPGs appears to be even larger (generally tier 9+ at the top end with a tier 5) but that seems to be less of an issue as you can punch so far above your weight.

Just an FYI, I've been generating a hell of a lot of cash with the Hummel so decided to invest in a rammer and gun laying drive. I'm finding them well worth the cost as I can get a lot more accurate shots per battle which nets me more money and XP to shorten the grind to my next tier (75k XP and around 1 million credits left). It wouldn't have been worth it on a lower tier but as it appears that I'll be on this one for a while the 800k credits seems a reasonable price.

10. Lance

Lance Ender of discussions.

Low tier mediums and lights are just scout tanks in big battles. get forward and use your sight for big tanks.

Remember that unless your a heavy tank your armour is never really meant to take more than a few shots.

11. mucgoo

mucgoo Minimodder

Grimloon likes this.
  12. Grimloon

Grimloon What's a Dremel?

Unfortunately the heavies have a greater sight range than I do and can one shot me. I can frequently get a few spots in and occasionally bag an SPG or TD but its slow going.

Cheers for the match making info, it explains a lot.

The 57mm gun for the T-28 is the only thing that makes it bearable. Very high penetration and insane accuracy mean that you can snipe with it. Fortunately I'm only sticking with it for as long as it takes to get a KV.

13. mucgoo

mucgoo Minimodder

Be prepared for yet more pain with the KV until you get the 107mm gun upgrade. This time you need about 16000 xp to get it though.
    My xp per match doubled once I got that upgrade.

14. sp4nky

sp4nky BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

Went to Manchester today. In the Imperial War Museum at Salford Quays, they've got a T-34-85 on show. It's labelled in the guide book as just a T-34 but one look at the turret and it's immediately obvious that it's the -85 variant.

I did take some pics but the flash on my phone camera is very bad, so they aren't worth posting.

15. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

I usually find shooting the KV in the turret hurts it abit ^.^

16. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

KV with the big cardboard turret is epic vulnerable, paper-thin vertical armour goodness. :D

Also: More convinced than ever that I medically need an E-75. My Tiger II was completely eaten in 3 shots. :(

Interesting about the battle calculator, nice to see there is some logic behind it. It would be nice to have random battles with lower tiers though.

Last edited: 30 Aug 2011
  17. Comfyasabadger

Comfyasabadger What's a Dremel?

I'm starting to think that the match making favours premium accounts.

As I don't play all day every day and don't have the spare cash atm for more Gold I only get 1 day of Premium here and there. The Saturday just gone for example I activated 24hrs of premium, I then enjoyed 24hrs of nuking the crap out of Tanks 2 - 3 Tiers lower than me.

I then played yesterday with a normal account and low and behold found myself in games with Tanks 3 - 4 Tiers higher than me, also when in my light Tank in matches with no Arty and medium/Heavy Tanks which is completely pointless.

18. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

That's just the game being random - Premium has no effect on what matches you end up in, trust me. :p

I still think the Tiger II needs a bump up in its credits earning power - I earn as many with that on a good victory as I did with the Tiger, and usually end up making 5k credits over ammo and repair costs, which for a T8 on premium is ridiculous.

19. Cellular Peptide

Cellular Peptide What's a Dremel?

I managed to get hold ot the T-34 at the weekend. I felt slightly disappointed with it. Does anyone know if it has any good features? :) Call my a crazy, but I was expecting it to be some cop in a tank game developed in Russia!

Last edited: 30 Aug 2011
  20. Lizard

Lizard @ Scan R&D

The T-34 is much better with the 57mm gun, but the Soviet medium tree doesn't really get going until the T-34-85. After then though, they're all brilliant :D