1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors What do you drive? - The Photo Gallery

Discussion in 'General' started by :: Phat ::, 28 Jul 2003.

1. Jumeira_Johnny

Jumeira_Johnny 16032 - High plains drifter

interesting slip there.....

2. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

My daily commute passes all of the above, yes a scooby will out do my 900, but the rest just don't seem to have the mid-range punch like i do.

Golf GTi is like bringing a knife to gun fight unless its the latest generation of GTi. all previous with the exception to the MK1 and Mk2 were fat and woefully underpowered to the point that my old Volvo 440 would whip past them.

I now live in North Cambridgeshire, and there are plenty of interesting vehicles around and most annoyingly a lot of Fiesta ST's which bomb around but don't really shift as i expect them to which makes following them out on an overtake a little of a gamble.

3. mvagusta

mvagusta Did a skid that went for two weeks.

Yeah, but what, too light :confused:
    Civic's can turn tighter than most if not all heavier front engined cars, not just cars with big V8s, but even Skylines or Supras.
    It's the higher speed/slower turns where the power advantage of bigger cars can leave civics at a disadvantage.

BTW: Braking hard, then letting go of the brakes, and turning sharply, is called asking for understeer.

4. t4n6o

t4n6o You know when you've been tangoed

curse me I dont usually check before i post lol

5. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Sorry to hear the Gen6 got totalled Anthony :( :waah: Damn, you kept that thing cleannn...

Very well done on the TSport though, she's another beauty :thumb:

I am *this* close to throwing in the towel completely and trying to import or find a decent enough condition ST205 in-country to buy as a project car. I've been planning it for years... I just have a few more things to pay off (my own new car being one of them) in the next 12 months or so and then I'm doing it. No more talking. I want it to be finished and out of my system before I'm 28...

6. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

Thanks! Yeah I was literally claying, polishing and waxing every other weekend at one point - made seeing the front end crunched even more depressing... A GT4 would be amazing! I considered getting one both instead of my GT and Tsport - there's still a few good examples lurking around - definitely add www.celica-club.co.uk and www.pistonheads.co.uk to your list of search places. And pics when you get it please :D

mvagusta likes this.
  7. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

8. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

The new GTI has more mid-range punch, yes. the V was a bit flat-chested, and the IV was horrid by any measure.
    No offense intended. Just curious there.
    My Bravo will do 0-100 in 8.odd, and that can outrun most tossers with heavy feet. Simply because most people can't drive for crap.
    But we do get plenty of warmish cars here, and fewer eco-motors.
    Focus ST's are common, as are Volvo T5/T6s, Golf GTIs (V's and VI's mostly), Audi S-Lines, a good few Audi S3/S4/S5s, a Audi TT-RS I see quite regularly, various Bimmers in 330+ formats, various 320/350/AMG Mercs, a LOT of sport Range Rovers (and those things are quite...errr.... swift if pushed)

I just figured that if your daily commute is similar to mine, a statement like "not much keeps up" is bold and would require pretty serious weapons. Knowing nothing about your car, I questioned.

That being said - I was taken for another spin in my mate's Skyline GT-R 32 the other day. Oh-Em-Gee. 160 km/h on the limiter in 3rd gear with you head firmly against the headrest and grinning like something that grins... a lot... :D

9. Unicorn

*Whimpers*

Want.... so.... much....

On another car related note, I had the Clio up on the lift today (A brand new shiny yellow 4 Tonne Dunlop two poster... should've taken pics :p) having a poke around underneath to identify and possibly solve a couple of annoying rattles that I've been hearing recently. One of them turned out to be the plastic weather guard rubbing/vibrating on the bottom of the diff housing which was easily solved. The other seems to be more severe though - possibly the alternator pulley producing a loud but intermittent rattle/knock when loaded. It doesn't sound any kind of healthy so I'm going to book it into the dealer garage sometime in the next couple of weeks. It's under warranty until June '13, so I'm not going to start working at it when I can have it done for free including parts & labour. Having it up on the lift for only the second time since it was bought and hearing those couple of rattles and vibrations made me nervous though... I really hope it doesn't start giving any major trouble :rolleyes:

Also realised recently that I want a big brake kit on the front and disc conversion for the rears. And coilovers to replace the dampers and springs. because the stock suspension on it is pretty crap tbh.

Last edited: 1 Sep 2011
  10. t4n6o

t4n6o You know when you've been tangoed

1 car i would love to own is the toyota trueano AE86 and make into a serious drift car

mvagusta likes this.
  11. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

12. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3039032.htm

A bit unfair to link something I can in no way afford and is being sold a few thousand miles away, but there's not much I wouldn't do for such a beauty! A lot harder to find over here.

13. BennieboyUK

BennieboyUK CPC Folder of the Month Sep 2011

Cars:

Audi A6 2.7T 250bhp
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Corrado G60 1.8 8v Super Charged 220bhp
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some nice ride here, enjoyed reading the thread. :clap:

mvagusta likes this.
  14. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

15. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

16. Unicorn

Hah! Congrats :p I have to wonder how you found that article so fast though, Pook... does someone have an RSS feed that just streams everything with the word "Mustang" in it? Go on, admit it! :hehe: :lol:

17. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

A Dodge Viper is so much more manly than a 'stang. :p

18. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

This is recession Britain, where most new cars are on finance so the daily commute doesn't have as many 200hp+ cars as it once did. I tend to come up against the new super Diesels that put out 350-400Nm of torque, luckily its in low range and just a quick zap of torque they get but they do pull like trains.

For reference the 900 will hit 100mph in 3rd just before the limiter, and if run about in the gears will hit a GPS confirmed late night blitz to Cornwall 143mph, which was a hell of a buzz. I omit the skyline no doubt ruins that limiter in 3rd with in a blink, but the saab accelerates quicker from 60-100 than it does 0-60 (talking Mph here)

19. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

Nah here I have disagree. Mustang is definitely an all mans car

Sent from my GT-I9000

20. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

I hate to break it to you pook but that vote appears to have been by the "big gay bear society". :p In reality Mustang drivers are the people they would most like to bum. :D Evidence below.