1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Project Evo 3 - Cooler Master 840 ATCS LC Worklog - Updated 12th September

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by mav2000, 3 Aug 2011.

1. Houndofhell

Houndofhell One Particle to Rule Them All

Sounds like an awesome idea, will be keeping an eye on this

2. mav2000

mav2000 In Training

Thanks man...

Some sleeving work done....hope you enjoy this as well:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have a bunch of 2150 rpm ones coming in from the group order, so for now, these will do and I will add to these to rear and front fan locations once those are in. I just love how quiet these fans are.

Also got the bottom rad mounted. I had a scythe 5 1/4" to 3 1/2" kit lying around which I was not using. The mounts seemed to work perfectly with the M4 holes on the rad. So i decided to use the rubber harddrive mounts from that kit to mount the rad at the bottom:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Four of them are enough to hold the rad up quite securely.

3. mav2000

mav2000 In Training

Come on guys...2000+ views and so few comments...please chip in with some suggestions, help, anything, but right now it looks like Im the only person o this thread..

I am sure there are a lot of good mods around, but without support and help, some of us new case modders are never going to go very far.

4. mav2000

mav2000 In Training

Had an awesome holiday and I feel that I can now continue with this mod.....but first, something that I got from Thailand, one of my favorite buys:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Such a simple design but such a lovely effect.....shows that things dont need to be complicated to look good. Well on with my update, I had a lot of problem trying to sleeve the existing 6/8 pin connectors as I have mentioned earlier in this thread. I just could not get it to look good...so I went out and got some tools to make new cables for what I needed:

[​IMG]

And crimping was done:

[​IMG]

The first few were a real pain, specially as the connector would just fall off every time....after that it got a bit easier. BTW, this was the second crimper I got., The first one was not so great.

And then to test the wires with the PSU tester:

[​IMG]

And done, probably my best sleeving work till date.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And this is where I am right now:

[​IMG]

Fuganater likes this.
  5. mav2000

mav2000 In Training

Come on guys...some feedback?

6. Fuganater

Fuganater What's a Dremel?

Good job on the sleeving!

7. PanicAcid

PanicAcid What's a Dremel?

Looks good, I like the idea of lifting the rad rather than making holes for it etc. Let us know what kinda temps you're getting off it :thumb:

8. miahallen

miahallen Team IRONMODS - World Champions!

Yes, very nice sleeving. I also like the red carbon fiber mobo tray :D

It seems a shame to put such a tiny rad in that big huge case....will you have any more rads?

9. matt...

matt... Slacker

that's looking good - and the sleeving works really well

as for bay reservoirs, I've been using a Swiftech bay with an "in built" Laing pump for about 5-6 years now and its still going strong and I have to say its still pretty quiet even though it has to pump the fluid through 2 rads a CPU block and a GPU block :)

10. Zorndar

Zorndar What's a Dremel?

The powdercoat would be not my choice, perhaps its better looking in real. Nice work on the sleeving, perhaps you can hide the 5.25" rack with some nice looking acryl?

11. mav2000

mav2000 In Training

Thanks man....appreciate the comments

I have still to get things going as of now, but will be sure to get back with some results.

Well, there is a 360 on the top and a 240 on the bottom...should be good enough for a single GPU and CPU....lol...I guess you missed the top 360.

I am going to be using the XSPC one, but it seems its a bitch to bleed....any ideas?

Thanks for the feedback man, I really appreciate it...The powder coating looks nice, I guess I just need to take some pics with good light. I am planning to hide the 5 1/4" bays...just not got around to doing it yet...but yes thats in the list of things to do..

On with a very very small update...got most of my fittings in and this time its all 100% Bitspower.....except the 5 way adapter...I found that very helpful and decided to keep it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Looks like Bitspower has two different types of 7/16" compression fittings...didnt know that, or probably they have changed to shorter barbs..

[​IMG]

Some rotary angles

[​IMG]

12. Fuganater

5way??? Can't say I ever saw one of those before.

13. mav2000

mav2000 In Training

Yup, 5 way, as in the last photo...use it as a drain port as well as a point for measuring water temps...works great...

14. Fuganater

Ah. I prefer a ball valve on my drain line but thats just me.

15. mav2000

mav2000 In Training

I would have probably tried that as well, but this seems to work as well and is smaller and not too obvious, which kind of suits the build as well.

Secondly, I cant seem to find the ball valve anywhere....atleast from places wher I can get them easily enough.

16. mav2000

mav2000 In Training

Its been a few days since my last update...so just wanted to show you some of the stuff thats been happening over the last week or so:

Here is my 6950 Powercolor, which I found after a lot of searching as I wanted a reference card, to water cool, unlock and overclock. I finally got it brand new off Ebay

[​IMG]

And here is the replacement block in from RMAing the old non EN one:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Looks like they have changed the rubber standoffs to metal screw able ones.... at least they are easier to fit now..on the older design I kept dropping the rubber stand offs.

[​IMG]

And here is the block...

[​IMG]

The GPU shroud removed.

All cleaned up:

[​IMG]

And a macro for all you people:

[​IMG]

And installed:

[​IMG]

17. craig - toyoracer

craig - toyoracer Minimodder

Really a sharp looking interior, just the right amount of red for my taste

+1 for a 5.25 cover. Keep up the nice work :)

18. RedManc

RedManc What's a Dremel?

Good choice with that block. I also like the red carbon film although some black film over bits of that should make a great contrast and design on the mobo tray

19. mav2000

mav2000 In Training

Thanks man....I didnt get what the +1 for a 5.25" cover was for though...

Thanks man...Which bits exactly....

20. craig - toyoracer

craig - toyoracer Minimodder

:) that was in response to your Sept 11 post saying you will make a cover, and +1 is I agree with the decision :)