1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Storage HDD Prices

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Behemoth, 21 Oct 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

Fix'd :thumb:

Blazza181 likes this.
  2. Another_level

Another_level What's a Dremel?

Ripping an external drive isn't a problem but getting the right internal drive is.

3. YEHBABY

YEHBABY RIP Tel

lol, nice

4. boltonuk007

boltonuk007 What's a Dremel?

Just got my Custom PC mag, couldnt believe the prices of HDD in the Elite section! 1TB Samsung now £106 at scan! was less than £40 last time I saw it

5. Another_level

I don't believe your employers would be best pleased with your behaviour on this forum. An employer would have reasonable grounds to dismiss you for bringing their company into disrepute and your threatening and intimidating behaviour. They could dismiss you even if the incident happened outside work.

Secondly, it's quite common that people, especially in business, do judge other people's ability to write and then draw conclusions about their intelligence. I very much doubt you work in a senior role within your company.

Thirdly, employees are not always the best informed people in relation to company affairs and it's not unusual for the customers having better knowledge than the staff.

6. Yeoo

Yeoo Minimodder

I have not brought my company in to disrepute as no one knows who my company is.

Sorry i'm not the CEO no, what are you? You don't need to spell to sell. And the effort i put into writing a important piece of correspondence to typing on my lap on my TV PC too some moron who doesn't get it no matter how many times you prove them wrong are different ends of the scale... Your just a idiot, get a life. Clearly don't have one Trolling... Get bullied at school? never had a girlfriend? go online to irate people to get back at all the people who look down on you?

I'm sure our account manager knows more than some twerp on a forum. And there not just a employee are they there the account manager looking after a distributor to which there is only a few in the UK. Hardly the Tea girl.

Your replies are just nonsense GO AWAY! your looking stupid every time you post.. You know nothing about my industry so stop commenting.. or come see me in real life and ill educate you on everything you need to know.. Mr anonymous

7. modd1uk

modd1uk Multimodder

I'm in nobodies corner here, but what has being bullied at school got to do with anything ?

I was bullied at school, for quite a while actually. Was short and skinny, now im 6ft3 and 18stone skinhead rocker full of tattoos, so being bullied at school has nothing to do with anything.

Bullying is a serious issue, many children commit suicide because of problems at school, not something that i take lightly.

8. Yeoo

Yeoo Minimodder

I asked if he did... And my point is that something has clearly happened to make him sign up to a forum just to pick arguments. Something bitter and pathetic about trolling...

9. Another_level

I signed up to the forum in order to take advantage of the Scan free delivery scheme. So far placed two orders and planning to order more this week.

Also, this topic was up my street given my interest in financial markets and to rapidly increased my post count in order to qualify for free Scan shipping.

Anyway, there is no doubt your behaviour was out of order and I feel that your bullying, intimidation and threatening behaviour must not be tolerated.

10. debs3759

debs3759 Was that a warranty I just broke?

Free delivery from Scan
    Bit-tech and Scan have teamed up to offer free delivery! Here's how:

2. You need to have made 20 CONSTRUCTIVE posts on the forums. Don't spam or post pointless to boost yourself to 20. Instead, get involved - ask questions, share your knowledge and have fun.

careful what you say, you don't know how others will use it :D

11. Yeoo

Yeoo Minimodder

So not only has he come and annoyed regulars but he has only done it to take advantage of our free postage...

Anyone else think a ban is needed?

12. modd1uk

modd1uk Multimodder

I cant believe you just admitted to that, i wouldnt be suprised if your free shipping was revoked and a ban was issued.

13. loftie

loftie Multimodder

14. Yeoo

Yeoo Minimodder

I would like to apologize to everyone accept Another Level if you were offended by anything i have posted. As for you Another Level take everything i have said and multiply it by 10. Your a free loading, disruptive drain on bit tech.. Ban Please!

15. Guinevere

Guinevere Mega Mom

You sound like a right piece of work...

*Where's a mod when you need one*

Edit: Thread rated one star, abuser of Scan free shipping offer reported.

Last edited: 15 Nov 2011
  16. meandmymouth

meandmymouth Multimodder

In all honesty I think the mods need to delete this thread entirely. This is completely out of hand.

Ratchet219 likes this.
  17. Siwini

Siwini What is 4+no.5?

Mr.Yeoo out hand no doubt.

Ratchet219 likes this.
  18. mecblade

mecblade 14 year old Technophile

Indeed :D

Guys, calm down. I highly doubt either of you are evil, hoard profits and enjoy the suffering of consumers (*insert more comments thrown about in this thread here*) etc. Yes, you're free to express and debate your views but don't take it out of hand into personal insults. It doesn't matter about whoever started first, what matters is that it stops here. No-one would have a problem with this if it was more civilized.

If you really do have an urge to express some anger, resort to the 'I hate the person above' thread in the General Sub-section. Otherwise, keep calm and don't carry on with the abuse.

19. Blazza181

Blazza181 SVM PLACENTA CASEI

Wow. I think someone's just thrown themselves under the ban-hammer. :jawdrop:

20. YEHBABY

YEHBABY RIP Tel

Whether or not somepeople find Another_level annoying or not. I don't think it's right to ask for him to be banned.

And so what if he originally signed in to get free delivery from scan. A lot of people originally joined to take advantage of it. In fact members usually encourage new members to get their post count up to take advantage of it. I am assuming that bit-tech uses it to get it's member count up.

I have followed this thread from day one and Another_level has been able to push Yeoo's buttons from day one. Most members will walk away from thread or give a reasoned debate back. But even after other members have encouraged him to take the higher ground Yeoo has persisted in repeatedly returning and resorting to name calling, threats and asking for him to be banned after only being here 5 minutes himself. This is what has ruined the thread for me.

I was enjoying it until then.

So what if Another_level has another view to the majority, as long as gives reasoned arguements I actually enjoy reading counter views.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.