1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other General Battlefield 3 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 8 Feb 2011.

1. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

I hadn't until my session on Sunday, there was certainly a raised eyebrow at "I'm getting my **** pushed in here!" Lol.

2. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

i found it helps laying down 2 claymores around a corner. make sure it isn't a grenade happy corner.

got 4 kills with it so far. great as a camping assist on grand bazzar alleyway. just put two down around the corner, then watch the other way. you can hold it down like this for a while. (until enemy use IRNV :wallbash:)

3. sp0rk

sp0rk What's a Dremel?

I tend to put the claymores JUST around a door or tucked behind a crate.. good indicator when people are coming up behind you! Got plenty of kills with them :)

4. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

Claymores are also great in stairwells for surprising would-be knifers as well as people wishing to set up an LMG overlooking a flag or spawn area. Seine crossing for example, the building overlooking the 'E' flag, put 2 in the stairwell to deter people going up to cover the flag (either defensively or aggressively) and you'll rack up a few kills in short order.

5. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

LMAO

Just had the 5 funniest kills with the EOD bot thing in Metro, i could spend hours watching the enemy thinking "wtf is that thing" whilst im burning their asses off, no attempt to shoot it!

Great fun

6. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

Noticed it in the Beta immediately, felt like all they did was have things inserted in orifices the sun don't shine......

7. mkb

mkb Minimodder

I'm getting really frustrated atm. Since I upgraded my system I have had no end of problems. Right now it's with BF3. I play fine for about 15 mins and then my PC will start to stutter (mouse, sound, video etc) then i crash to desktop and my internet will drop and reconnect about 60 secs later.

I've set my all my overclocks to default and the problem still remains.

Has anyone experienced similar issues?

8. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

input for today: .44 Magnum. the thing is a beast. other than M40 and M98 sniper, there is nothing higher in damage per bullet with this thing.

the recoil is huge and its a slow loader. so u cant really tap tap tap tap tap as often as u like. think 3 shots per second. ish.

but 2 hits and u kill people. headshot will kill in 1 shot, even across building rooftops in Firestorm! (oh yes, he's at 100% health with the med kit at his legs)
    (damage is 55 for <25m, where MK11/SVD is 50, and M40 is 75, M98 is 95)

its not really meant for an "oh **** im still reloading" weapon becoz of the slow rate of fire, but consider it an iron sight MK11/SVD with 6 bullets in a magazine on top of ur primary weapon.

if u have a half-decent aiming skill, then u dont even need to aim. just point and blast.

that sounds awful, mate. my best shots are either (a) flaky PSU? its a good brand, but could crap out on u, or (b) Memory issues, or (c) motherboard driver.

why don't you try Prime95 and furmark to burn in your system, see if anything crash on default clocks?

9. mkb

mkb Minimodder

I've tried priming and it's stable, I'm thinking it's a driver issue either with the mobo or a SATA controller. It's been pretty heartbreaking given it's a brand new system and it's not going as it should :(

10. Tibby

Tibby Back Once Again

I hear you mkb, I can't even get in the game... :(

Infact, my build is almost identical to you aside from the mobo and GPU...

I can sometimes get in and it stutters then slows, then *pow* no power.

Perhaps there is a fault with the RAM/PSU? I have given my RAM to a friend to test in his rig as I don't have a copy of memtest, but I'll keep you updated with what I find.

11. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

The .44 is weak, it's 3 body shots at long range in softcore, 2 in hardcore I think. And with it's recoil it's only really good up super close with it's OHK or at range where you have time to pop off 3 shots. Just wait until you get the scoped .44 :hehe: :lol:

12. Redbeaver

brand new system with the 460 SLI?

if prime is fine, how about furmark? is one of the card overheating?

and yes, some people claim memory leak with nvidia drivers. try to get the latest driver (even the BETA one) to see if it makes any differences.

i dunno about the mobo driver, but SATA controller shouldn't have caused anything issue with gaming, should it?
    oh shiet i cant wait :D :clap:

13. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

[​IMG]

How would a set-up like that run at 1920x1200?

14. Redbeaver

very smoothly on High settings. Couple even in Ultra if you care to lower the AA.

15. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

570 runs ultra with everything on, my cousin even has a 550ti running BF3 on medium, his gpu gets a little toastie but thats his problem xD

16. Masterdeadly

Masterdeadly What's a Dremel?

My Asus Direct CUII 1Gb TOP 560Ti turned up today, can't wait to slot it in :) High to Ultra sounds nice to me.

17. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

I run High/Ultra (the odd one tweaked, don't ask me which) very smoothly with a 560Ti @ 2048*1536, 2x AA. I don't FRAPS it, but it feels very smooth indeed, apart from the occasional frame-lag that seems to plague all nVidia cards. :)

18. mkb

mkb Minimodder

Well, think I found the issue. Tried some other RAM but it didnt make any difference. Put a bit more voltage through the RAM 1.51V and now all is stable. Shamble brambles.

19. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

Just about to get frags for the USAS-12.... let the carnage begin! :D

Got my MVP medal, absolutely chuffed with it. Been playing some absolutely mental rounds on the server tonight and yesterday with really tight squad play and it's made it so much better.

20. Tibby

Tibby Back Once Again

Hey mkb, glad to hear it's working. Following your lead I'm gonna delve into the BIOS and check out voltages/timings etc.