1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other General Battlefield 3 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 8 Feb 2011.

1. workingclass

workingclass What's a Dremel?

http://www.memtest.org/

2. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

I had a double headshot with 1 bullet tonight with the M405.. didn't even know it was possible! Looking forward to the tac light change and F2000 is hopefully getting a nerf.

3. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Actually come to think of it my sandy bridge crashing problem was caused by memory voltages, in my case too much. Board was trying too put through 1.65.

4. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

Highest score in one round so far? 30,000. :D Just unlocked the final unlock for the main battle tanks. Got my reactive armour/proximity scan, thermal optics (I LOVE it when other people leave mines down thinking I'll drive over them, they light up with my thermal optics and i get lots of points for destroying them :D), and either guided missile/light machine gun or heavy machine gun. The ultimate tool for picking out hiding engineers. It's so good it's almost hax tastic xD Got C4'd by Deadbolt a few times but also sent a few tank rounds his way just as my proximity sensor showed there was a bogey on my tail :D Was playing in hardcore mode this evening so was great for not getting 'spotted' every two seconds and having a chance at being a bit more covert. With the reactive armour, I also get a a quicker take down against other mbt tanks.

Also now got the CITV third seat whenever I get into someone elses battle tank, so can SOFLAM targets for the main driver to send out guided missiles. Quite nifty I would imagine :D Low flying helli? No problem. Also good in that I can spawn on a squad in a battle tank and share the armoured protection from the tank.

5. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

I carried over the habit of using the third person camera from BC2 so i have no use for the proximity scan. I invite anyone to try and C4 me.

6. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

I often use a mix of 3rd person and direct. I find it's sometimes a little less accurate when going round corners and such, with 3rd person. Also, it's not just about what's next to your tank, it's whats behind a wall that you cant see, which without the prox scan you wouldn't know to put a tank round into said wall :p

7. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

u can get a max of 5 headshots with 1 bullet with M405. 7 with M98.

thats with close range. expect results to vary when they're medium-long range.
    challenge accepted.

/place_C4_on_jihadJeep

8. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

This made me smile

[​IMG]

9. xaser04

xaser04 Ba Ba Ba BANANA!

Had a couple of mental rounds on Operation Metro Conquest 64 player last night.

It was an absolute 'nade / RPG fest and so much fun! :D

Playing a Medic for most of the round(s) and racked up alot of points from heals and revivals.

Certainly intense trying to push forward with your squad. I tried using the support class for a short while (hadn't really used it up until then) and unlocked 4/5 things for my gun in 1 round.

Another round (Kharg Island conquest Hardcore 48 (IIRC)) had be raging. There was one guy who seemed basically invicible in his tank. 3 RPG hits at the same time to the back of his tank and nothing, he just turned and killed all of us in succession. The tank showed no signs of damage at all. I assume even with maxed out perks that a tank would still be disabled in this manner if not out right destroyed?

10. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

There was some spectacular rounds last night. Rush in Metro was epic with the both sides pushing back and forwards around the ticket desk flag. :rock:

NaloaC how are your PC350's? I'm looking at getting the 360's (only £10 more than the 350's) for better audio and so I can join your TS channel?

11. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

i demand rematch! your tags will be mine :D

i just layed down snipped Lassar and thought it was safe to pick a few more people off, with Rottie driving a tank close by. turns out he drove away and you came round knocking.

12. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

lol, yeah im up for a rematch. :lol:

It is never a nice feeling having your tags taken, ive lost mine a handfull of times now, but it is still a tricky thing to do, ive tried a few times to take the enemy down from behind and nothing happens, the knife swings, they realise, and they shoot seven shades out of you :duh:

13. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Some close matches last night, i got Bagmans tags heh but he got mine too, think we all need to be on one side at some point kick the shizzle out of the enemy. Though love being on opposite teams too and then bitching later!

Sent from Bittech Android app

14. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

This EOD bot is great fun, a little tricky but one hell of a laugh

15. impar

impar Minimodder

Greetings!
    Why 2xAA in AA Deferred if High in AA Post looks slightly better and is faster?

16. Dwarfer

Dwarfer What's a Dremel?

Of late whilst playing Metro, I've realised to win the round with USMC, you have to rush to the lobby/cafe and once you take those two points, the other team don't stand a chance.

Also, by capturing these two points, the level is quite entertaining and not your usual spam RPG/Nade fest which ruined that map for me personally!

The EOD Bot always puts a smile on my face when I see it driving around on metro! Can you attach C4 to it?

17. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

Yeah im pretty sure you can attach C4, you just need to work as a team to achieve the kills

18. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

Some of the games last night were stunning. I only played a couple, but once we were blabbering on TS properly, the squadwork improved immensely. Those rounds on Metro were fantastic. They seemed alot more fluid that usual, people weren't stuck in places and the frontline was constantly changing. The USAS-12 with Frags just clears entire rooms in short order, just too much fun.

I love the PC-350s. Not too much bass (some claim not enough, but I think it's perfect), very clear sound, good mic, solid build quality, extremely comfortable, even after a long session and that is important for me since I wear glasses and it's hard to find really comfy ones. Some may harp on that they're just re-branded something or other, but I say go for it, you'll not be disappointed.
    :thumb:

19. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

I will need to try that. I don't understand why nobody is shooting it though.

20. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

every time i use EOD Bot, people just shoot it and it dies :( have not managed any kills yet.

one thing is for sure: EOD Bot kills are the new repair tool kills :D