Other General Battlefield 3 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 8 Feb 2011.

1. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

You must be hiding a lot ;) I'm pretty much constantly moving, so I can't say any of my deaths are biased towards the inrv.

2. WildThing

WildThing Minimodder

QFT :rock:

But it would need to be just as big if not bigger. I love the infantry combat in BF3, but I do feel let down by the choppers. I'll admit being bitter about having to unlock the TV missile, which is what made BF2 so much fun for me, but a bigger problem is the map sizes. In BF2 you would have to fly some 30-40 seconds before being fully in the combat zone (excluding base-raping). Now it's like, "Yes I'm in the attack chopper, time to approach the combat zone slowly while I plan my next move. Oh I'm there already, oh I'm dead. Who killed me? Oh some git on the ground with the stinger!" :waah:

/Really need to unlock the TV missile!

3. sp4nky

sp4nky BF3: Aardfrith WoT: McGubbins

I can see a need for the M320 on Metro conquest - smoke grenades, especially as US side. I saw a video this morning (I'll post a link when I find it again) of a US guy making very good use of smoke and shotguns (1 shot kills, mostly) this way.

4. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

The KH2002 is one of my most used weapons and is like BF3's best kept secret.

A quick comment for those who were mentioning it, suppressors slightly reduce recoil in addition to their other effects.

Ha! Awesome .gif! Shows my biggest complaints about the IRNV perfectly: it's so strictly superior to any similar scope. It even replaces the 3.4 and 4x scopes because you don't need to zoom when your target is glowing orange. Such a powerful thing like seeing through bushes, darkness and smoke requires some steep downsides.

5. spectre456

spectre456 What's a Dremel?

that's the main issue. It outclasses just about all the other scopes because it's so effective. Not even the bloody sun glare affects it.

I'm pretty sure that the people saying that it's fine/leave it alone are the ones who use it...:blah:

6. Mongoose132

Mongoose132 Duckmad

Hell I used it and I want it nerfed/fixed/removed/ground into the dirt :D
    The first time I used it I was like 'This is insanely op'. :p

Was amazing being the only one with it on a Server when the game was still new, but as more people unlocked it I realised how irritating/unbalanced it was :D
    So now I bitch about it :rock:

7. spectre456

spectre456 What's a Dremel?

after some thinking. I think that instead of toning it down. It should probably just be left as is with a small range nerf and be given exclusively to the sniper rifles in recon class.

8. matt_lumley

matt_lumley You're only supposed to...

Just wanted to say I got the game today and it is amazing! Top quality and my 2gb 560ti runs it v.well at ultra/high settings while still hitting 50+ fps

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

9. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

I had at least two rpgs fired at a tank on Demevand Peak last.night.and survived believe the.game only recognized one of.the rockets so staggered shots is best, the proceeded to kill them and be repaired heh this was after everyone left the game lol

10. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

would mind the 8x rifle scope with IRNV like in singleplayer/co-op. that's only place it's justifiable: for recognisances.

you know my playstyle. either at front-most rushing to points, or holding at back of the pack picking off people. i stick to the shadows or run from cover to cover. problem of IRNV is that partial cover no longer is cover when your feet glows bright orange in that scope, behind a fence.

i've only JUST unlocked the spec-ops black camo, time 66 hours with SPM of over 350. even if spec-ops camo is effective at blocking heat signature, it still took 60 hours too long to grant it.

to be honest, the whole BF3 unlock system is f***ed up. why are effective tank drivers rewarded with weapons to make them more effective? why do great jet pilots get even better add-on's? no, starting guns are not okay, they are faction specific that means you will need to play twice as long to unlock the same gun upgrades. there is a reason everyone is rocking M416, SCAR as soon as possible. i feel sorry for gunning down those people using inferior weapons and at lower level than me, DICE tried to copy CoD but failed miserably.

11. Tibby

Tibby Back Once Again

Got my PC working finally, and had a quick bash. My lord I'd forgotten how good PC graphics could be.

Kept getting server connection issues last night, and couldn't get on to any server. Bit annoying, but hopefully it will be ok tonight.

12. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Disabled UPnP?

13. Sketchee

Sketchee Suddenly, looters! Hundreds of 'em!

Been having some really good games on the ziip server the last few nights. I have to say I feel hardcore is much more suited to me.

I'll have to jump on your teamspeak and say hello when I can :)

14. Tibby

Tibby Back Once Again

Haven't disabled UPnP yet, but to be honest I was trying at 11pm, and had to get up for work so will sort it out later.

15. DLDeadbolt

DLDeadbolt Space Cadet

Lassar was loving my USAS last night xD

16. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

ok, so i just tried some BF3 goodness on the wife's laptop, which actually has a better graphic than my aging desktop lol.... but it is an ATI though...... :)

so on Auto, it picked up some medium, some high, with couple AA candies cranked up. then i start up some single-player again before jumping into multi....

and it looked... well.... i expected more.

it looked GREAT, but i don't seem to be missing much on my mostly-Low settings desktop. Yes, i can tell the difference, but during a busy multiplayer round, the only difference left that i noticed is the shadows.

so i tried cranking on High pre-set and it runs fairly good on the laptop and yet, again, it looks only slightly better.
    then again on Ultra, and NOW i can see the texture and mapping looks great. laggy as hell but on my desktop i couldn't even turn on Ultra, perhaps being Dx10 card and all.

but my point is, low-to-high, there's only a small increase in visual candy.... and even in Ultra, it's not as MIND BLOWING as i had hoped it would be. texture and range details are the most obvious difference, and turning on AA made a difference in building structures.... but facial animation is still unreal, trees are still jagged, explosions look identical, debris only slightly increase, and destruction is the same.

it almost feel like upgrading a video card will only add the FPS, not so much on quality....

was going to grab 560Ti but decided to wait for Cyber Monday sale. then decided to wait for 560Ti448 core end of month. then decided to wait for AMD's 7000 series. then decided to wait for xmas/boxing day.
    now..... maybe i'll just wait for Keppler 700 next summer........

am i doing it wrong?

17. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

Nought wrong with ATI cards, my 5870 is coping beautifully with textures on Ultra, shadows on medium and everything else on high at 1920x1200. Awesome card, never expected it to cope so well with this. :)

18. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Yes, maybe.

On low the game looks pretty bad. However, the difference between medium and high is not massive, and the difference between high and ultra is very hard to see unless you have the same images side to side.

A new GPU would however, provide a far more stable framerate. If I didn't want to blow a wad on a GPU that will be outdated by next year (or even this year), then I'd buy a second hand mid range card like the GTX 460 for about £90. That will provide you with a massive fps boost, for very little initial outlay, and chances are, you will be able to sell it for a similar value in a years time.

19. RevDarny

RevDarny Minimodder

Finally unlocked the smoke for the M320. I feel I can stop noob tubing so much now.

Can the NIVR scope see through smoke in BF3?

20. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

hmmmm......

agree. i think the difference between all settings are not massive, but if u play mostly on high/ultra, low does look pretty ugly.

that said, im used with low, and kinda at loss when i see the higher settings....

so in my point of view, low isn't that bad at all. if u dont look at the textures too much.... :)
    nope. :)