Other General Battlefield 3 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 8 Feb 2011.

1. bdigital

bdigital Is re-building his PC again

I just log on a shoot stuff. Cant say ive really noticed anything different! Im probably much more of a casual player though. Great game

2. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

i often run pass an enemy because he was well hidden, in the shadow. use of this NoobVision aka texture-hack means you have zero chance of using the environment lighting to your advantage.

over 80% of my death (and feels like all) are due to people using this scope. when a single attachment gives so much advantage it is hugely overpowered.

so i care so much, if there's an server side option to disable it, i will within an heartbeat and proudly advertise this in the server name. a server that actually require skills.

3. MeddlE

MeddlE Norwegian Blue

IRNV is part of the game as is the mortar. They can be annoying but they can also be beaten. I've used the IRNV, on some guns it's fantastic, on others not so. Currently using the M249 with holo sight though. After all is said and done it's only a game.

4. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

+1 They're items in the game which can counter this.

5. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

I dropped the noon vision as it doesn't make you a good gamer it makes you lazy! Spectact codes are being handed out to comnunity sites so i think they are going on sale if not already!

6. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

I cannot use a normal scope let alone a night vision one :lol:

7. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

8. Mongoose132

Mongoose132 Duckmad

Now I've soundly proved you wrong, you just go 'I don't care'. :rolleyes:

It's a problem, it's the best scope in the game. By far. It needs downsides. It doesn't haz 'dem.

Look at the Gif, you can see the two Spec Op users fine. It does not counter IRNV at all. Only one class, the American Engineer has any agreeable amount of coverage. Rest still glowing like they've been holidaying in Chernobyl. :eyebrow:

IR Scope 100 Kills, an hour/two. Spec Ops, 70/80hours. :lol:

9. yassarikhan786

yassarikhan786 Ultramodder(Not)

The Gulf of Oman Trailer was epic.

10. nchhabs

nchhabs www.twitch.tv/dracaXL

The thermal in tanks is basically a black and white version of IRNV scope, but I think it's balanced because it's so easy to take out a tank with 2 RPG shots from behind, or a couple of mines and the main turret is slow to rotate (even with 4000 DPI settings) so it can be difficult taking out infantry (engineers) behind cover.

I do love using canister shell and thermal though, as there are some hilarious moments when engineers think the gunner of the tank is looking the other way and they're above your main tank turrets range of movement, and then blam, shotgun shells to the face launched out of a tank.

Re: LCD-2, I'm a fan of how much low-level information and micro-detail they can get out of a recording, but I do think that they sound a bit recessed in the mid-bass on hip hop and dubstep, but to be honest, to do either genre justice you need a subwoofer. Aside from that they sound excellent with well-recorded material in the classical/jazz/metal genres, but bright recordings can be too sibilant at times. I've pre-ordered an O2 amp from Epiphany Acoustics originally designed by NwAvGuy, which should arrive in a week or so.

11. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

ah. gotcha.

please... dont lump the spin-off with the true game. :rock:

check out this link i posted last week: http://symthic.dy.fi/?s=bf3

it decrease recoil but also reduce speed; meaning bullet drop will increase.
    im in the middle with this.

i agree it needs a nerf, but at the same time, if i kill 100 people with the same gun and rewarded with an unlock, i want something that allows me to be better than the people who hasn't done the same achievement.

yes, it disrupt the enemy's chance of using the environment to their advantage...
    ...just like sniper rifles disrupt their chance of using distance
    or mortar disrupt their chance of using well barricaded emplacement
    or frag round and grenades disrupt their chance of using small covers
    or F2000 pretty much disrupt everything....

if someone is willing to put up a green screen most of the time, then they should b awarded with a better vision. why not?
    BF2142 recon got a heartbeat sensor attached to ur arm along with some invisibility cloak.... hows that for a hack? was it overpowered? no, thanks to its range and time limit.

so yes, INVR needs a nerf. how? limit its range and time limit being used.

but dont take it out of the game. its a slippery slope.
    just saw it.

there's no way in hell i'd play any of the original 9 maps once B2K is out.

12. [ZiiP] NaloaC

Since the base game maps are usable with the expansion, we're going to be running a mix of both Karkand and the original maps :D

Variety is the spice of life...

And he who controls the spice... ;)

Ficky Pucker likes this.
  13. Redbeaver

then i'll bail out when the map switch to the original maps :D

but a mix is a good healthy choice for most players though.

its just an old BF2 vets like me wouldn't even touch those stupidly designed maps with a 11ft pole if we have the glorious Karkand maps....

14. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

Caspian, Firestorm, Kharg, Canals, and the Back to Karkand maps, (especially Wake Island)

my dream rotation. the Battlefield maps rotation.

15. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

I hope they do a DLC pack with snowy maps! I miss those from BFBC2!

16. Redbeaver

if i have to get some original maps mixed in, i'd vote for Firestorm, Kharg, and Damavand Rush 64, mixed with B2K maps.

17. Bede

Bede Minimodder

Actually the huge glint on the 6x and 12x scopes is the anti-bushwookie tactic. But taking the piss has always been the most effective response to any statement that makes people feel uncomfortable ;)

I am not bitching about the IRNV without cause. As soon as I unlocked it on the m416 I used it for the next 200 kills I got with that weapon. Then I realised that the game was boring with it. I know what I'm talking about because, like the reformed criminal, I've been there.

As for rockets and m320s on Metro, I've never really had a problem with that, and occasionally I play 1000 ticket Metro servers to sate my lust for blood! Don't have a wall near you where a rocket could explode and kill you - 1 problem down. M320; stay away from the obvious death spots like certain corridors - 2nd problem down. They are just weapons, they have weaknesses (like a slow reload time) and they can be countered. Personally I've always found charging towards the culprit while they are reloading is the best tactic - aggressive movement usually wins.

There is no effective counter for someone with an IR scope. I know this because there was no counter for me when I had the IR scope and I regularly got a k/d much, much higher than my average.

There are places in the game where the IR scope has a calling. Smoke-filled or dark corridors (like those running down the sides of the main tunnel in Damavand Peak on conquest). Having perfect red/green vision beyond 20 metres is a bad joke though, and it takes all skill out of playing.

18. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

LOL. Try to do that when you try to get the the 2nd cap from the US side. Impossible. Even if there are no walls near you on left or right, there is still the roof. There is no place for rockets and M320 on Metro conquest.

19. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

All Dice need to do is add all the remaining BF2 maps to BF3 thats whats needed.

20. [ZiiP] NaloaC

If they were to remake Dragon Valley, I would jizz myself... Best map ever.