1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other General Battlefield 3 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 8 Feb 2011.

1. RevDarny

RevDarny Minimodder

HA HA Smoke Cheesecake:rock:

2. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

sad thing is, lotsa people know this fact but still hesitate to "waste time with smoke" and hope throwing grenades actually works better.... :wallbash:

3. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

And let's not forget the M4 and M16. Each one has a later unlock that can be used for both sides, and also uses the same unlock as the starting gun of the similar model! Oh, you've unlocked all the upgrades using the M4? Well now your M4A1 has all unlocks but your AK-74u has nothing.

I would very much like to see weapon unlocks divided between factions. IE, unlocks requiring XX Russian weapon kills or XX US weapon kills then being available on all Russian or US weapons as applicable. The exception is shotgun kills, but that can be simplified as XX Shotgun kills to be unlocked for all shotguns.

4. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

oh, speaking of unlocks, i agree as well.

the unlocks all f**ked up. BF2 unlocks are great, dont know why they feel the need to re-engineer the whole system like this.

I think the one that makes most sense is, if you've unlocked a certain scope for a specific weapon type, then it'll be transferable to all weapons of the same type.

ie. u've unlocked a HOLO dot for Assault Rifle, then when u unlocked another AR, u can use that scope immediately. but u cant use that scope to, say, ur Carbine or PDW.

in other words, the unlocks is by the weapon type.
    of course, that would mean the length to unlock them should be adjusted as well. First is to make the progress is tracked from all of the same type, second is to extend it.

So instead of 10 kill with AK74, u get 50 kill with Assault Rifles. and all unlock is every 50 kills with that type.

IMHO that makes complete sense. instead of the current clusterfudge.

plus, Recon should have Carbine/PDW as starting weapon :( sniper should be unlockable.

Bede likes this.
  5. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

speaking of which the range on that gun is total bs. Got killed from way off today by some guy. I was like wtf? I couldn't get that kill with the 870MC shotgun, why should you with a auto shottie? And he was using frag rounds.

6. spectre456

spectre456 What's a Dremel?

i love frag rounds and shotguns in this game. BF3 handles shotguns better than any other game i've played.

7. Bede

Bede Minimodder

This 1000 times! It would give bush wookies a sense of the serious potential their class has.

As for the shotguns.. they are a joke, but I moan too much about the IRNV without bitching about shotties and frag rounds too!

M249 is a beast weapon, I am very much in love with wandering around an urban environment slaying all before me.

8. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

For those who complain about the IRNV and frag rounds constantly

9. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

Just in case I wasn't the only one wondering this, here's a site i found telling u under what class each weapon comes under. In case you wanted to get the 50 ribbons and medal for each weapon class. carbines, personal defence weapons etc.

I wasn't complaining about frag rounds btw, as I've tried them myself, didn't see the sort of range that was got on me but neways.

10. spectre456

spectre456 What's a Dremel?

The cheesiness of "wrestling" makes me cringe every time i see footage.

On a different note. Why is there a service star unlock for each and every bloody pistol? It just feels like stupid padding. Why can't my kills with the vanilla m9 transfer to the m9 tact?

11. the_kille4

the_kille4 Chaos will rule da world.eventually

Service Star on misc vehicles

On the other hand I'd like a service star for the MAV and EOD bot just for kicks...

Well... I have to add something about the IRNV scope... generally mid range works, if its short than it would holo and I hardly ever snipe (too impatient). although it is funny to see how to flowers also glow and the IR is not affected by the sun.

Last edited: 30 Nov 2011
  12. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

I hate when people complain about snipers needing a buff, up close they do but otherwise they are fine. BTW by up close I mean when I shoot a guy point blank, he should die not walk away like a boss after killing me. Also working as a squad = super effective

Metro, rush, softcore, M40, 8x, straight pull. Needless to say they didn't make it past the first base
    [​IMG]

13. Bede

Bede Minimodder

Wise words coming from a man who appears to have left his trousers at home.

As for snipers needing a buff up close.. lol. Just accept that your semi-automatic/bolt-action is never going to be able to compete with an assault rifle, or a carbine, or a LMG, or a PDW, or even a pistol in CQC. 1 bullet per second does not compare with 10.

I'd be interested to see a recording of how you went 24-0, that enemy team must have been a serious bunch of fools to fail to kill you even once.

14. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

Ahh, that's not true. On metro it's doable to go X-0 due to the plethora of hidey holes. I snipe inside B with the 8x and M98B (working on stars with it) same as The_Beast and if you have some aim and a little map awareness you can really piss the other team off.

I can only echo whoever said M249 was a beast, 403 kills with it atm (holo, foregrip, ext mags), as long as you keep it to short bursts or extreme close range spam.

Bede likes this.
  15. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

That's impressive camping right there.

In CQB an assault rifle should beat a sniper rifle every time. By choosing Sniper class the main thing you are giving up is CQB effectiveness, its not the Golden gun.

16. Mongoose132

Mongoose132 Duckmad

A remarkably well thought out and constructive post as always, the doors over there, don't let it hit you on the way out. :duh:

Bede likes this.
  17. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

this please! oh please!

bolt actions are already handicaped in the sense that you only get a single shot off before getting killed. so if that shot lands, you should get a kill in CQC.

semi-auto snipers simply obliterate other guns at all rages. the three 10 shot rifles are killer with 4x scope, foregrip and silencer. the SKS is even better with less range, but faster firing rate and 20 rounds. as long as you can aim, these guns kill faster than any other automatic guns. in normal at least since automatic guns are disadvantaged by their recoil, single burst won't kill.

just wait until i unlock AS-VAL and put 4x or 8x scope on it. anyone played BFBC2 can tell you how lethal i was with VSS at all ranges. :rock:

18. Tibby

Tibby Back Once Again

First time playing last night, and had a lot of fun on the ZiiP server.

Shotguns absolutely kick ass on HC in tight spaces. On Metro I pushed up the stairs (3rd lot of bomb sites I think) and ran and placed a Spawn Beacon behind the enemy line, then guarded B when one of my squad planted. All with the 870MC!

Kept picking up someone's F2000 with IRNV, and it is ridiculous. Although to be honest I kept with it as I had no defib to start with and still was getting used to the game. This is a crutch that needs weening off though!

Again thanks to all the ZiiP lot for putting up with me after a lack of PC gaming for about 5 years! :lol:

19. Orca

Orca What's a Dremel?

I've been using the AS-VAL recently (after noticed being killed by it often I might add :p) and I gotta admit it's quite handy, if not the mag is a little small for my liking. Never thought of putting a scope on it before though so may have a go tonight with it :)

20. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

VSS is also 20 rounds per clip. just need controlled burst. it's good because it fires fast enough to be able to take people down in CQC, while controlled shots can still snipe people.

lvl 42, not long now :D

Tibby, come and play on the official CPC/Bit-tech server, test your skills with open maps and vehicular combat. the real battlefield experience. (sorry, i don't consider Metro to be a Battlefield map, neither is Damavand Peak in the tunnels, when people dig in with IRNV in the tunnels, they are so boring)