1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other General Battlefield 3 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 8 Feb 2011.

1. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

It would be nice to see a server rules list if so.

2. murraynt

murraynt Modder

We never needed rules with bfbc2 and everybody got along fine..

3. Phalanx

Oh I understand mate, but if there are going to be this endless list of silly rules like "only use the weapons on your hand", or "don't use tanks on infantry" or "no sprinting allowed" then we need to know somehow :)

4. Ciber

Ciber Minimodder

I tried the CPC Bit-tech server and I got killed by an admin because I wasn't a good enough gunner in his tank. So I left.

5. Sketchee

Sketchee Suddenly, looters! Hundreds of 'em!

Hehe I know the feeling. Spent an entire game of Tehran highway conquest being base raped by cpc players earlier :duh:

I'm not sure how well the balancer works or whether people are switching. I always seem to end up on the other team to all cpc lot, making it too one sided for a public server (squad play and voice comms). Maybe iv just been unlucky.

Gotta say I do prefer HC tho and the ziip servers are excellent, had some good games lately. I'll have to stick to them for the time being :D

6. Phalanx

I've found if that happens, the best way to sort it is to quit, then join the game on a friend on the other side, triggering the auto-balancer and hopefully moving the teams around a bit.

It does sound a bit unlucky. The autobalancer and randomiser does work.

It's nice to see you on them fella. It's nice to see any CPC on them though, and we have a few on our teamspeak too, which is always a barrel of laughs :D

7. murraynt

murraynt Modder

True.
    Hope it doesn't come to that though.

8. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

For lols

[​IMG]

I dont think he was pleased, taken today xD

9. nchhabs

nchhabs www.twitch.tv/dracaXL

Phalanx, "no baseraping/strafing enemy spawn" is what gets enforced most of the time. As for AA on infantry, afaik that's perfectly fine.

Last edited: 5 Dec 2011
  10. nchhabs

nchhabs www.twitch.tv/dracaXL

The balancer seems to be working, and you can't actually switch to the other team after the end-of-round balancer is set in motion. As Phalanx mentioned, the only way to get around is quit and join off a friend, but depending on numbers, that might trigger the balancer again, and it will move last-joined to the losing team.

Sometimes is messes up but this can happen because a high-scoring player quits in between rounds.

@Sketchee, feel free to join the CPC guys on mumble, it makes losing or winning a lot more fun! :rock:

Also was that this game you were referencing? Wyx was on at that time and he's super-fair and pretty proactive about stopping baseraping. http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/8562835/1/352446773/

Last edited: 5 Dec 2011
  11. Bede

Bede Minimodder

Shame, but that is the danger when people are given authority. Often the people who want power are the least suited to it. I've only had admin trouble on one server, where they kicked me because I was owning what appeared to be 2 squads worth of their clan - but then fair enough really as its their money going on the server.

What I've seen quite a lot recently is people playing as engineer fire their rockets at their teammates driving LAV/AA vehicles until the driver gets out. They then repair and jump in. Whenever I notice this happening I kill them asap, but it's just one example of the weirdness that has always been present in the wider Battlefield community.

12. spectre456

spectre456 What's a Dremel?

is this for real? I really hate it when admins go on like they're the Geneva convention in war games...

13. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

I absolutely despise it when people set their servers to RANKED and then proceed to impose arbitrary rules regardless. Normally i just leave those servers and try to find a decent one, but if i knew how to properly report them to EA i'd do that too. I heard they do actually enforce some kind of TOS on ranked servers so it might be worth the effort.

14. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Its never about not being good enough, its about doing the role you have chosen. I.e engineer should repair when in a tank so what is the point being assault when you can't repair. Or drop ammo/health etc we had two people sit near the spawn on Caspian just firing the AA and doing nothing or sitting at a flag and didn't assist those capping and taking tickets!

15. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Hmm you sure cause i have used AA on Infantry many a time without being warned. Could it be it should have been attacking air craft?

16. Orca

Orca What's a Dremel?

Maybe it wasn't an admin? Can't imagine there being a rule against using AA on infantry.

17. kelvinb

kelvinb BF3 Username - D0rmarth

I play on the server all the time and love using the AA to take out the other team. The only rule CPC have as far as I can tell is no base raping

18. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

19. Zurechial

Zurechial Elitist

I've reported servers and their admins before via support tickets to EA but I'm not sure that it actually does anything.
    It'd be nice to have some kind of integrated system for reporting abuse by players/admins similar to the ticket system in games like WoW.

It drives me ****ing crazy that people get away with running ranked servers and then imposing stupid rules about what players can and can't do. It was a nightmare in BFBC2 with idiotic scripts to kill players who made the 'mistake' of spawning with a sniper rifle or CG and I really hope it doesn't get that bad in BF3.
    I'm almost never at the receiving end of the admin-abuse, admittedly; because I very rarely use any of the controversial weapons such as the Mortar or RPGs-on-infantry (since I play AssaultMedic, mostly); but it still irks me when I see people getting kicked, or worse: killed; by an admin just for getting a string of kills or whatever.

20. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

i can't see any problem using AA on infantry. that certainly isn't a rule on the server. i'll ask around to see who sent that message.

it means do not use jet or chopper to strafe the enemy airfield. that count as base rape. that's pretty much the only rule on the server.

not sure who did this. but it definitely shouldn't happen. i'll investigate.

it was unfortunate in that Tehran highway game. the balancer didn't work as planned because high scoring player left. i am still tweaking the balancer, so please bare with me. i've just changed it from previous round SPM to previous round score, let's see how that goes.

i hate it too. but the obvious no base-rape with air should be enforced or one of the team might never be able to get out of their base. other than that, if it's in the game and no official way to turn it off, it should be allowed.