1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The old CPC and Bit-tech Battlefield 3 server by MPUK

Discussion in 'Game Server' started by wyx087, 2 Nov 2011.

1. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

and you at the perfect time to give up because MPUK apparently doesn't allow external ICE API connections.
    http://forums.multiplay.co.uk/voice-comms-viewer/87067-problems-mumble-viewer#post1069668

i've asked on MPUK forum, see if they could kindly install TeamSync as a feature. after all, mumble and BF3 server are already pretty much linked in terms of clanforge accounts.
    http://forums.multiplay.co.uk/gameservers/87180-bf3-teamsync-mumble-win#post1069718

2. Dwarfer

Dwarfer What's a Dremel?

Forgive me, I have not yet played on this server but I will remember to add this tonight and you should see me on soon. My name is 1Lister-of-Smeg

3. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

I've signed up and seconded this in the hope it'll get their asses in gear.

4. nchhabs

nchhabs www.twitch.tv/dracaXL

One thing to look at with the balancing script: I think the autobalancer really screws over MVPs - I'm often at the top but get put on a horrific team with no teamwork. Need to look into that, it just makes the game unenjoyable as a whole.

Last edited: 11 Dec 2011
  5. Dwarfer

Dwarfer What's a Dremel?

Boo, I can't believe the server is normal and only 32 players. Meh! It wouldn't be so bad if it was Hardcore but seeing where the enemy is ie that triangle above their heads, ruins the experience. You might aswell play with a wall-hack cheat!

6. wyx087

lol, as a balancer, it balances based on total score at end of round to try to get a balanced team. put you on an already good team will mean really badly balanced server.

@Dwarfer, there are plenty of alternatives out there. many here prefer normal mode for the great experience. your assumption for red triangles shows me you haven't really given normal mode a try. the triangle ONLY appears when there is line of sight, and it only appears when you spot. so the experience is actually more challenging gameplay when enemy team is working together and spot everything. in-game teamwork wins, even without voice comm, making it more enjoyable for randoms. :D

7. Dwarfer

Dwarfer What's a Dremel?

Can't disagree more on the normal mode. But that ship has sailed!

But yeah, I usually play on Hardcore 64 player Conquest Large, but thought I'd give this server a whirl, but its not for me!

8. Rogan

Rogan Not really a

Does teamsync work better with teamspeak? We could always change the voice server if it does.

9. wyx087

i don't know, can we leave this as mumble for now? after new year, when i am back, i'll look closely at the instructions for TS and see whether it's feasible for MPUK's server.

i also thought TS will require a bit of leg work from you. since MPUK rents mumble at half price of TS.

10. Jester_612

Jester_612 "Jammy..."

11. brave758

brave758 Minimodder

Is the server down??

12. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

Appears to be, I had it earlier and now can't see it.

13. nchhabs

Server's back up now! :)

Last edited: 14 Dec 2011
  14. nchhabs

One issue is procon seems to not be accepted my username and pw so we can't change maps to the Karkand ones atm :3 without waiting to go through the normal ones. Some admin commands seem to have stopped working as well, like "!say".

15. Jester_612

Jester_612 "Jammy..."

TeamSync developments. Alternatively there is a plugin for TeamSpeak here. Edit: That might be premature as "Add your PRoCon's IP to query_ip_whitelist.txt." They're not happy about white-listing.

16. Parge

Yeah, it polls the server too often and they don't want to drop the polling rate limit in case it

a) encourages hackers
    b) causes issues overloading the servers.

A great shame, as other providers seem to have managed to find a way around it.

17. nchhabs

Further on this, I believe Procon is down for our server, Fluidic and I tried to figure something out yesterday but couldn't get it to work. Clanforge is workable at the moment though for changing maps/server messages via live control.

18. Fluidic

Fluidic What's a Dremel?

19. nchhabs

20. Parge

With no Autobalancer people are going to need to be MUCH more willing to swap to the other teams, with admins and regulars leading by example.

Last night Spudeh and I were on one team, while every single other CPC person was on the other team, and this was the case for every round we played.

It just so happened that our team whupped ass, but the reason we play on the CPC server is so we can buddy up and communicate (as well as banter!), and if you only have one other person to comm with then its just another BF3 server really.

Other than that, great games!

DracaXL must have got me about 6 times on Sharqi (?) before I managed to get him back. Highlight of the night was roadkilling Fluidic (obviously this was quickly avenged!)