1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Last day to vote in bit-tech's Mod of the Year competition

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Lizard, 3 Jan 2012.

1. Lizard

Lizard @ Scan R&D

2. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Just a bit EXCITED to see what the placing's look like :D:rock::clap:.

3. KidMod-Southpaw

KidMod-Southpaw Super Spamming Saiyan

Oh God, me too!
    Me too...

4. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

I didn't realize it was tomorrow, I thought there was about another 2 weeks left.

Good luck to every one it's been an honor for me just to be in it with all the other great builds.

5. Angel OD

Angel OD Pump Killer

I just hope they show every case's place, and the amount of votes for all! :)

And good luck to us all! :)

6. KidMod-Southpaw

Nobody deserves to "lose" this year's one, they're all too good.
    Actually, nobody deserves to lose at all...

7. bulldogjeff

I don't recall that ever happening it's the top 3 and that's it. I not sure knowing if you were one vote off a podium spot or finishing bottom of the pile is a good thing.

For me just being there is good enough.

8. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

So true, sucks everyone past top 10 coming at 11th, it's like getting flipped off if you place past 10 & don't know how well you did :lol: & not knowing how many has a million mates to vote for them if you don't make top 10 :(.

Still, it's been an honour & a pleasure to be in it again :D & I can't see the creating bug going away from me for a long time :dremel::).

9. KidMod-Southpaw

I should hope not Wayne!

10. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

It is awesome to be nominated in moty & all 25 are awesome projects :rock::clap:.

Top 3 get goodies, 4 to 10 get to know where they placed so at least know how well they stacked up, 11 onwards get flipped off :lol::duh:.

I think it would be good to know though, how else can you gauge how much you need to improve if you want to hit the top spots? :D not placing well can either make you turn away from modding or come back with avengeance knowing your an underdog :D it might dishearten some but anyone with any game & belief in themselves they'll give it more to do better it's a pretty long road getting good at something & being able to see how many votes would keep things open, kind of a how big is my e-peen in the world of mod :lol::p.

Placing alongside everyone else at 11 last year told me I need to just get better at it :D, I'd still be surprised if I made top 10 :hehe: my own fault really I don't ever ask people to vote for me, just let it ride out & now & then someone says they voted for me on other forums but that's rare :D.

No idea where I'll place, I know some have been expecting podium for me but I really doubt it, anyway that's not why I mod, I mod because I love the learning & getting better at it & the feedback is the cherry on the cheesecake for me :D but moty helps bring out the best in a modder I think, huge load of 1-upmanship & like it :D, like a fun race where we look at awesomeness & try to do something as good & some day maybe something truly incredible :D.

11. 666painkiller

666painkiller If only....

Just voted....all are stunning. well done to everyone

12. bulldogjeff

Wayne, here's my take on all this. I don't think that where you finish gives any indication of where you need to improve. If you take mine and your styles of modding they are a world apart, people like different things and for those who like the flashy stuff, I'll pick up a few votes. Where it comes down to pure engineering skill the likes of yourself will pick up a lot of votes. I like the stuff you turn out, I voted for air cube last year as well. I also look at what goes in to builds in terms of shear hard work and that sways me as well.

I look around the forums and some builds just don't do it for me no matter what went in to them and some can be really simple and I like them.

I think that is how a lot of people will vote, it could throw up some odd results but it's based on peoples taste, not on how good Mr X is compared to Mr Y.

We all have room for improvement and if any one turns round and says that there is nothing more for them to learn, then they are either a big head or have just lost interest in the hobby.

If I was choosing who was in the MOTY this year I know for a fact there are at least 5 builds out there I would have picked, but again it's based on what I like.

But one things for sure this time tomorrow we'll know how it all went.

Now I'm getting like you and have a right good old waffle...lol
    That's your bloody fault Wilkinson!!!!:wallbash::D:D

13. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Woo hoo got ya rambling :D:clap::rock::hehe:.

If I've been talking baloney though which is highly likely please excuse it, I'm knackered after a full night & day adding to the design of my next project & it is said you shouldn't operate machines when tired :D.

14. bulldogjeff

I've seen the results you can produce when you operate machinery tired and they are fine. It's operating your brain when your tired that worries me...:lol::D:thumb:

15. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Ugh so true :D:duh:.

16. Angel OD

Angel OD Pump Killer

17. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Tags: Add Tags