1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Guy on OCN receives his GTX680

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jizwizard, 19 Mar 2012.

1. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

That is true for GTX5xx and older, but not for GTX680 - 680 has support for 3/4 displays, as wuy linked. I was thinking we are in the GTX680 topic :D.

2. Mac_Trekkie

Mac_Trekkie Source Engine's #1 fan!

Only on Galaxy (KFA, I believe, in the UK), where they have x4 head and x5 head cards with poor software and big performance drops.

3. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

Again. GTX680 topic. GTX680 features.

4. noizdaemon666

noizdaemon666 I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

Yeah I ninja edited my post when I realised 6xx series did it lol

5. Mac_Trekkie

Mac_Trekkie Source Engine's #1 fan!

Huh, I didn't know that. I guess I was just focused on the performance increase.

6. longweight

longweight Possibly Longbeard.

I will wait to see what 3D guru has to say over bit!

7. law99

law99 Custom User Title

Room temp here is about 21c. Sometimes more because of the tumble dryer but only 3c or so. I have a fan controller that keeps 4 fans on low and an adjustable one that keeps the side intake at low also.

I've never seen a 60c on my cpu and the gfx card has been pretty similar. Not going over late 60s. So, 68c is the highest I've seen. Admittedly, Skyrim was probably not pushing it to its fullest.

As for quietness... well, it used to be quiet enough to watch a film at night on low, but once you had turned the film off it became intrusive to my sleep a couple of times (When it was in my bedroom of course). I used to leave my PC on as an FTP server all the time until I made the eureka :rolleyes: discovery that when I'm not connecting to it, no one else is... so it doesn't need to be on when I am not at work or away!!! lol

My friend has some sort of fruit factory behind me that makes a lot of noise with carbon extractor and fans and all that stuff.... I can't hear the pc over that. Use headphones because of it.

Why do you take them with a pinch of salt??? I've only seen a few things on there that has made me question them. The occasional useless article that tells stupid things, like ssds are fast... but won't improve your game framerate. Otherwise they are fairly respectable I thought. Oh and their best product for the money thing is retarded. They seem to just list every piece of hardware in a give price point.