1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Project: Blue Horizon - "MOTY" Nominee

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by riekmaharg2, 8 Jul 2010.

1. Mosquito

Mosquito Just 'Plane' Crazy

So beautiful... I love this case, probably one of my favorite projects here :thumb:

2. Paslis

Paslis Minimodder

:jawdrop: Thats awsome mate absolutely stunning. :thumb::thumb:

3. bond0071993

bond0071993 What's a Dremel?

WoW very good

4. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Dude this absolutely rocks & a funny thing about the Blue Horizon etch on some of the photos it looks like a watermark that people put in their pictures. :lol:

And had no idea all the fluid goes back to the res when not running, nice feature that will be very nice for maintenance as well as it being very cool to watch. :hip:

Ahhh must be a very nice joy to be able to get lazy for a bit & use this beauty, the extra bit of time gone into it I'm glad you had now because it came out precisely how you wanted. :D:clap: rep

Congrats on a really awesome project completed mate. :rock::clap:

Ugh, must spread rep :duh:

5. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

After following this from the beginning, the end result is nothing short of stunning (though the optical drive needs a new facia ;) ).

Heartfelt congratulations on a stellar build and awesome completed build.

6. amagriva

amagriva Minimodder

Marvellous!!!! I'll pm you my address so if you turn suddenly crazy you know where to send this beauty...

7. Razer2007

Razer2007 Building Proxima

Is this the real life... Is this just fantasy? Caught in so much epicness, no escape from reality...

--------

Dude it tuned out so insanely awesome fantastic ridiculously beautiful sexaaaaay.

Well done. See you at MOTY.

8. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

Congratulations mate, been following since the start - even better than I thought it would be. STUNNING!:eeek:

9. Baguette

Baguette What's a Dremel?

Sham.Wow.

Nuff said.

Also, your smelting the sides is very cool :D

10. Shurika

Shurika Minimodder

one word - AWESOME!!!:rock::thumb::jawdrop:
    brilliant work, riekmaharg, one of the best projects on bit-tech!:clap:

11. Blooddrunken

Blooddrunken In Flames we Trust

OMG - that's too much! I would give it 10 points if I could, so I stay with 5, but it's damn way too awesome to believe. :jawdrop: :rock:

12. Nutman

Nutman Never stuck with stock

I thought I was at a loss for words, but it actually turns out that I got quite a lot to say.

First of all: I am SO glad that I was given to opportunity to follow this from beginning to end. There's just so much WIN in this one, I don't know where to begin - so I won't.

I'm also quite thrilled that you partly took my suggestion and at least brightened the light for the "Blue Norizon" logo - it DOES look much, much better than the darker blue you started out with. When looking at the shots of the whole case, the logo stands out very nicely and it catches one's attention immediately - awesome!

The colours match really, really good and the raw aluminium looks stunning in contrast to the blue and the green.

Will you put up a link for a package of high res versions of these pictures? (higher than the ones you already linked to)

13. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

I'd love it if modders did this whenever they make a masterpiece, I could do with some sweet motivation posters in the workshop, who wants pictures of supercars on the wall, I wants some super computer pictures & this would definitely be 1 of them. :D

14. kelmannen

kelmannen What's a Dremel?

Amen to that!

Rhiek, i've also been folllowing this from the very start! at points i thought you would never be finished! :p

At the end it's absolutely STUNNING!

+Rep where rep is due!

15. Timmynator

Timmynator What's a Dremel?

Absolutely amazing. Great color concept and the workmanship is impeccable.

16. riekmaharg2

riekmaharg2 has completed the PowerCore scratch build

Lol, :)

If you mean the pump photo, I was aiming for that look :), yeah the coolant flowing back is very handy as I had to drain the system to fit the rad cover, all I had to do was pull the tube off, put a new longer on and blow all the coolant out.

Yeah I'll see I can find one, I thought about painting it but thought it would look a bit toy like, wonder if you can buy alu ones.

lol, :)

Yeah it works great with the light blue, thanks for the suggestion, I'm also amazed how a single LED from a phone LCD can produce so much light :), instructions for high res pics below in blue.

Instructions for high res pics below in blue :)

Wow thanks for the amazing comment everyone :thumb:, yeah I must admit i thought it would never end too lol. All those looking for high res pics, you need to click on the zoom links then click the magnifier at the top right of the pic, then if you want to download it just use the download button on the left, as the zoom feature uses flash so you can't right click and save it

17. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

I was bad. Iposted the link to your finished pictures to facebook. Took off like a storm. People who have never seen a modder's work going OMG!

Deserved.

the john

18. riekmaharg2

riekmaharg2 has completed the PowerCore scratch build

Thats fine with me. Nice :)

Also forgot to give you all the temp print screens while 100% load (did this one a while ago, but was still with the current hardware):

[​IMG]

And little to no load:

[​IMG]

GPU temps have always been higher at idle as the block is very small and doesn't transfer heat as fast as the CPU block.

19. RealWeaponX

RealWeaponX What's a Dremel?

This is all kinds of awesome...

You used to be able to get alu-finish bezels for optical drives back in the late nineties, but since doors on cases are a lot more common now covering the drives they may not be so easy to find. You could probably machine one with your skills though :p

20. CraigWatson

CraigWatson Level Chuck Norris

Get this thing on MDPC, you seriously deserve it!

One of the best builds I've seen (if not the best) - bar none.

Love the clean lines, simple l/c loop, the whole package is incredible. Well done! :D

I feel a new wallpaper coming on - do you reckon you could do a few widescreen versions? 1920x1200 would be perfect :)