1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Education [HAARP? WEATHER CONTROL?] Earth Groaning / Strange Sound Phenomenon

Discussion in 'General' started by Otis1337, 12 Apr 2012.

1. penryn 2 hertz

penryn 2 hertz I'm not a science fiction writer...

I <3 The Show but i have to sownload it via torrent

2. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

I've seen a hundred similar stories like this, where some guy sensationalises something totally mundane in an attempt to find an exciting story. The History Channel cannot be taken seriously.

By all means, discuss what HAARP does, but I'd bet my dog on the fact that its all just a load of made up tosh, and that the reality of HAARP is a lot closer to whatever the government says it is, than it is to any weather controlling superweapon.

3. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

[​IMG]

Lol. I love conspiracy theories and general paranoia about scientific projects like this.

Should we switch off the LHC before a black hole appears and gobbles up the Earth? Uhm... Naw.

I bet all the guys at HAARP have a little noticeboard for the latest giggles about what they've done, before they go back to their exceedingly complex signal analysis tests.

4. Korvus

Korvus May contain traces of sanity.

Read thread, had a quick look and HAARP just looks like a radio signal research facility. Not getting anything too unusual or suspicious really :rolleyes::lol:

5. lp rob1

lp rob1 Modder

When a guy called Carbons Richer gets involved, be worried.
    Tip: run it through an anagram solver

6. TheStockBroker

TheStockBroker Modder

There are hundreds of permutations. Clue?

7. Bufo802

Bufo802 Minimodder

Use your brain to work it out...

8. lp rob1

lp rob1 Modder

Well if you read my first post on this topic, you should get a pretty good idea of the reference. Any more and I would be telling :thumb:

9. G0UDG

G0UDG helping others costs nothing

HAARP has been around for years and has been know about for a long time despite supposedly being top secret,theres a lot more to it than just controling the weather

10. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

Oh no its affecting my beep boops!

11. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Ok kids, leave the science to grownups OK? Don't listen to the stupid/lying people who want your money or your time or your brainspace. They do not know what they are talking about and resort to conspiricies to explain what they lack the capacity to say. Saying "conspiricy" is a bit like saying "God dun it" as explanations go.

This is a unclassified research program doing research which is complex but intelligible to scientifically literate individuals. If you don't know what the magnetosphere or ionosphere are without looking the words up, and you can't explain annual atmospheric patterns without having to spend 20 minutes reading, you are not educated enough to understand this stuff.

Unicorn likes this.
  12. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

The noises thing is interesting, although to me some of them just sound like Jets, some sound like artificially produced by the camera person just to make a video, and some sound like someones sampled in the sounds from Crysis into the video, :D

13. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

to true...i know someone into every conspiricy theory going, ( aircraft chem trails spread mind control chemicals, but remember the only cure is smoking marijuana constantly )
    he told me the haarp is a way to create energy ( despite explaining the laws of physics )
    but 2 weeks later its a prototype for the weather control device ( showed me blueprints and who would guess...it looked just like the one from red aleart 2 odd how that works )
    i gave up talking to him eventually feel like :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

14. TheBlackSwordsMan

TheBlackSwordsMan Over the Hills and Far Away

If HAARP can realy do what it is said it can do, that won't even surprise me. After all, we are smart enough to create atomic weapons but not enough to not use it.

15. Mongoose132

Mongoose132 Duckmad

[​IMG]

In all seriousness though, I've been looking through a few papers on the subject; it's literally just a few antennas transmitting HF (3-30Mhz) into the ionosphere, which refracts it quite well, exciting the area. Amongst it's use here it's a major communications band, your brain isn't frying, and your will not affected.
    Hell, CB radios operate at 27Mhz, their brains are intact.

I have a special hatred of misinformed conspiracy theorists, a decent scientific education and the drive to read and understand what they're doing should be mandatory before you cry weather manipulation brain scrambling program from 'The Man'.

The program is completely open, all activities are logged and freely available, Scientists without security clearances, even foreign nationals, are routinely allowed on site.

Last edited: 13 Apr 2012
  16. xrain

xrain Minimodder

Alright firstly to for that long list of "similar?" facilities, Poker Flats Research Range, is a sounding rocket range owned by my university. I was there on Monday launching a rocket in fact. The primary antennas they have are radar, and telemetry used for tracking rockets. They might have a small antenna they use in conjunction with their launches, but nothing even close to the scale of HAARP.

Most of the rockets are sent into the Aurora with a suit of plasma probes, and other sensors to measure the aurora, in-order to gain a better understanding of it. (Last one they launched was to measure the effects of the solar storms on GPS devices)

Now for HAARP (High Frequency Active Auroral Research Program) , Like mongoose said, its a HF array. Don't believe what Jesse Ventura tells you, that peizoelectric speaker crap he tried to tell you was mind control device like HAARP, doesn't even work in remotely the same manner.

HAARPS primary usage is to generate artificial auroras by exciting the gasses in the ionosphere. It's actually a pretty awesome project, they transmit at some pretty astounding wattages to get it done as well (3.6 Megawatts). Even with those high powers, by the time it reaches the ionosphere it has a power density of less than 3 µW/cm²; far less than what the sun subjects the ionosphere to.

Why do this? Same reason you use any laboratory environment to study things, it's far easier to study something you have some measure of control over.

Though if you still don't believe me, the real reason HAARP exists, is to slightly overcook the worlds cheeseburgers. That way it will slowly anger the world population about their crappy cheeseburgers, causing an eventual world upheaval. This will leave a power vacuum for the Illuminati to take advantage of.

On a side note, if you want to see another awesome project, look up the HARP project! :D

Last edited: 13 Apr 2012
  17. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

cootys rat semen

That is all. :worried:

18. Margo Baggins

Margo Baggins I'm good at Soldering Super Moderator

Otis the activist strikes again!

19. lp rob1

lp rob1 Modder

Too Many Secrets? So that everyone can get that nagging itch out of their minds, my anagram was supposed to be 'Brain Scorcher'. :sigh:

20. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

Not really. I dont buy the mind controll rubbish or anything half of the videos say. just thought HAARP would make a good topic to talk about and speculate . I do think they need to be closely monitored as ****ing with the ionosphere is not to be taken lightly.

And nexxo I think that anyone should be able to know whats going on with haarp, not just the privaliged.