1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Lean and Green - 15-12-14 - as complete as it's going to get

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Waynio, 28 Jan 2012.

1. Sarakon

Sarakon The German

x ∞ :thumb:

2. jokkos

jokkos too busy to mod *sigh*

what they said ^^

The hard work paid off, very nice fit and look. :clap:

3. rak500

rak500 Minimodder

That is fantastic! great work!
    I am also very impressed at your post rate, it seems you getting there pretty fast for such an intricate build!
    Keep it up sir, it's very good!

4. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

:D Cheers Mosquito.
    I'm trying to play though the assassins creed series so I'm up to speed for the 3rd one later this year, have them all but only completed the first 1 & near completed the 2nd but was ages ago so I'm playing through the 2nd one from the beginning, I did mean to do some gaming then some modding alternating it regular so now that I'm through the really time consuming stuff I'll do that now, I been neglecting the gamer in me quite a lot. :D

:D Thanks kidmod. :thumb:

Thanks Kier, love it when I impress myself as well as others, nice. :thumb:

:D Thanks Sarakon.

:) Thanks jokkos. :thumb:

Thank you rak500 :thumb: I am giving into my gamer side a little bit now but I will still aim to keep progress rolling regular mate. :)

5. Razer2007

Razer2007 Building Proxima

No way dude... too much win! You're doing amazing!

6. Paslis

Paslis Minimodder

Mate that are just exellent feet. :thumb: A very nice job on the filing. :D

7. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

:D Cheers Razer. :rock:

Thanks Paslis, appreciated, was a nice touch of variation after so much saw work. :D

Assassin's creed 2 - off the to play list = done, enjoyed it, the ending made me LOL with the WTF as a final word. :D I'll do brotherhood on next gaming break, probably got a good 50 games to play though & intend to play through them before buying new ones.

Mod time continues but first I want to check over a couple of parts in the design to make sure it is how I want them. :D

8. The Crusher

The Crusher What's a Dremel?

This project looks so nice! I enjoy reading it! :D

9. PabloFunky

PabloFunky What's a Dremel?

This is going to be a real heavy build i think.

This is the only project i think where the scrap value is going to be as much as the value if you sold it. Its a lot of metal.

Looking good, carry on.

10. jeckulz

jeckulz What's a Dremel?

So far Ive avoided this becuase I didnt like the design concept when you posted it at the end of your last build.
    I still dont like it.
    But after scrolling through and seeing how many times you must have had to attach and detach the blade on that scroll saw on your side pannels...
    Why you never sent it to a water cutters shop, I will never know...

Either way.
    +Rep mate.
    Much deserved.

11. wejjy

wejjy Minimodder

This my friend is just plain old awesome! I love the time you spend on the details, it just makes it that much more interesting to follow. Note to self, detail work... :)

12. RedManc

RedManc What's a Dremel?

Nice Kicks!

13. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Thanks Crusher. :)

Once everything is fixed together I'll be putting it on a big diet, :D I've been sweeping up all the scrap & dust & bunging it in huge tupperware boxes, it is very possible the scraps will weigh more than the case :hehe: cheers Pablo. :)

I'll probably never please everyone on the looks :hehe: structure & internal work is good design though & is why I pushed forward to do this project, looks are subjective especially with something like this & they came last on this but Cleveland let me know the feet could be better so put more effort into them, got the thumbs up so did them, glad he pointed it out because it really improved them. :D

As long as it wows me I'll be happy with this :D if it wows others I'll be even happier. :D

If I had a good reliable place to do time consuming parts at ok price I possibly would but already bought a nice scroll saw which is very capable tool & would be silly not to give it a good test. :D

Plus each gamer side panel for resources, time my free time, sticker paper, blades, electric use & material cost just less than £10 for each of those gamer side panels, not so silly now eh. ;)

Cheers for the rep though mate. :)

:D Thanks wejjy appreciated mate, detail work is nice but I wouldn't recomend doing stuff like this in thick materials :lol: takes a long time, if I'd have done 2mm frames & a 1mm layer for the detail panels I could have done it waaaaaaaaay faster but I already dedicated so stuck with it. :D

:D Cheers Red. :thumb:

I'm going to try to continue today. :thumb:

14. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Started on the HDD cage for the HTPC & started the fan mount stand, all 5mm black acrylic, also cleaned up the workshop (needed it). :D
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Might get them stuck together before I go bed, might. :D

Ordered the rest of the mini-ITX parts, Asus E45M1-I DELUXE on-board CPU/GPU & Kingston HyperX Blu 8GB & 4x 20w per channel fan controller & because I don't trust fan controllers after a couple of meltdowns a dedicated 92mm fan to cool it, fan controller is for the gaming rig. I'm Broke again. :(:hehe:

15. Raikkok

Raikkok What's a Dremel?

Go ahead Waynioooooooooooooooooooooo :D

16. Cleveland216

Cleveland216 Carbon Fiber King

I got your back! Everyone knows I build highly geometrical shapes, so when I visually don't see a design that is working, I like to say something. I glad you took the advice and the new feet are great work of art! If something is not right in my design i would like someone to point it out or put in their opinion.

17. Mosquito

Mosquito Just 'Plane' Crazy

Nice pile of parts! I've found a clean work area is a more efficient work area... sure wish I could keep my work area cleaner! :lol:

18. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

:lol: I did & made progress :D but that's a nights lost sleep so I'll be slow all day now. :duh:

Thanks again mate :) I would point things out but can't see anything wrong with yours which is a good thing. :)

Me too :hehe: it becomes a total mess quickly. :D

I should have gone bed lol, finished sticking at 5AM. :eeek:

HDD's slot in place on plates, 4 HDD 1 SSD. I first seen this method done by oliverw92 on his POLARity case mod, I liked how neat it was & said at the time I want to do that & now I am. :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

HDD cage almost done. :D

7AM HDD cage able to handle it.
    Just done a loose fit test to see how it all looks together up to the stand... :rock::rock::rock::jawdrop::D But no sneaky peaky yet. :nono::D

19. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

After doing a loose fit the other day & seeing it kind of together I just couldn't keep it to myself so while waiting for a delivery today I did it again & took a few pictures & remember all of this is fresh raw cuts that are to be cleaned up a lot & there are a few more decorative pieces to be made. :D
    And yes the back panel is on the wrong way around & so is the PSU rather than have cables poke out the front. :lol::p
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm not 100% sure but think the edges of most parts are like 0.3mm too big or about that so just need a faint sanding on edges, just glad nothing is too small because then I'd have a problem. :D

I was going to use some different methods for fixing things together but it's probably silly & not worth the extra effort so I'll do same old screws to begin with but the option will still be available for the alternative tool less version but screws will be visible in places but won't have to use a screw driver for maintenance other than securing expansion cards, everything else will click & slot in place by the time I call this complete which is still a long way off I think. ;)

20. Raikkok

Raikkok What's a Dremel?

Like I said in Spain:

OLE OLE AND OLE.

Only material, it costs a lot!!! :D