1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors The Official bit-tech F1 2012 Thread - Post season

Discussion in 'General' started by alastor, 7 Dec 2011.

1. Jester_612

Jester_612 "Jammy..."

Nadsfg ljadrng kjbsdfb kiadrg WILIAMS!

In addition:- Sporting Regulations Article 28.6 d) says:

Once Saturday comes around, thats it for gear ratios. It's not so desirable to lengthen cornering gears, as they are used much more often around a lap, and will just lose time.

2. freshsandwiches

freshsandwiches Can I do science to it?

I'm liking this mature, level headed Hamilton. He had a good weekend despite his disqualification from qually. Long may it continue.

3. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

No, i mean they are having this "we reach our maximum speed in middle of the straight" is standard "feature" of McLaren. So changing gears wouldn't solve anything.

Plus you can't change all gears for every race, as you can do only 30 changes and to change all gears on every race you would need 7*19=120 changes (19, because you don't have to change for first race :D). Sure, they could have changed only the top gear, but what would they achieve with that, when it's the car which can't go quicker ?

4. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

Holy balls, Williams! :D

Great drive, Maldonado really held it together, even though I was expecting him to crash spectacularly at any moment (given past performances).

With Felipe proving such a useless indicator of quality, it's hard to say whether the Ferrari has had any of its issues sorted or whether it was just another ballsy drive from Alonso. Either way, mad props to both (Alonso and Ferrari, not f**king Massa, who needs to hang up his gloves yesterday).

Good to see the Caterhams make up some positions, but the tightening up of the field this year is really going to hamper their hopes of making it into the midfield, methinks.

Shame about Di Resta and both the RBR drivers - I was really expecting them to have better race pace. Just goes to show almost nothing this season can be predicted.

Anyway, this photo is adorable

[​IMG]

5. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

Especially Kimi. He was like "s***, only 3rd place, i will kill the guy who told me they will go to pits one more time". :D

6. Jester_612

Jester_612 "Jammy..."

I think that is actually "these are the 30 different ratios we will use through the year", in same way as "this is the fuel we will use through the year".

7. NigelT

NigelT What's a Dremel?

Fire was pretty bad, took the shine off Williams day!

8. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

Aw crap, just read about that.

Still, I don't think much will get those folks down today.

9. Pieface

Pieface Modder

10. NigelT

NigelT What's a Dremel?

I lol'd when Schumacher tried to say it wasn't his fault when he squarely ran into the back of senna. The old magic is back!!

11. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

I didn't watch the race, but watched quali... here's a thought on that:
    Jesus, McLaren... You're making it hard to like you or defend you. First you botch 2(!) consecutive pitstops for Lewis in Bahrain, and then you let him quali with too little fuel? Here's a thought for you: Get your head out of your @sses and play as a team.

When (Q1) the fron 17 are 1.7 seconds apart, there's a message for you there: Double check EVERYTHING. Any fault should be on the driver, and not on the team. Even with more fuel, Lewis would have been quicker than anyone (Fuel Effect being less than .5 seconds on pretty much all tracks per 10kg of fuel).

Then Sam Michaels (spelling?) Claming "Force Majeur" was pure idiocy. "force majeur" by definition is "Major force" not "idiocy by a fuel rig monkey"

ARGH! I was _so_ angry when i saw that... eeing lewis stop on his cooldown lap had me going "uh-oh... here comes trouble".

Something is CLEARLY wrong at McLaren, and it's something that they should rectify sooner rather than later...

/rant.

12. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

I see what you mean, but they've got to try - just saying "Oh, right, whatever guys we'll put him at the back" would be pointless.

They've had a bad run, no doubt, but a bit of the hairdryer treatment the pit crew will keep it together.

13. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

I just reckon that the almost deceptive nature of that call can havea massive blowback, much more than jsut not having a sample that's 0.5 litres, for example...

I hope the team comes right. They have the car, and like all cars, it has weaknesses. They also have two world champions driving for them. In a championship like this one (super tight), they can't afford to drop the ball like that.

Look at ferrari - their car up until Spain was a nightmare, and yet, Alonso managed to drag it around by the scruff of the neck, and Ferraris' consistent 3-second pitstops and spot on strategy ahve helped them along...

14. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

I'm not a fan of Maldonaldo but he drove very well and deserved the win. It's good to see a Williams win and even better to have an interesting race in Spain.

15. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

I'm only giong to be agreeing with the general concensus here, I don't like him bu that was a thoroughly deserved race win.

Have to agree with you Bent, what the hell are McLaren playing at? The whole wheel nut debacle for Hamilton in Bahrain was ridiculous. I read or heard something about it being an aluminium wheel nut on a titanium hub, surely that's just retarded? Then we have the removed wheel being left in the way in Spain and also Buttons set up being completely destroyed overnight (although I would think Button also had a part in that, it's his car after all)

16. Jester_612

Jester_612 "Jammy..."

Maldonardo has gained a massive black spot on him, and it wasn't possible for anyone to have spoken worse about him at the time than I did. But he isn't head to toe black like Schumacher or accumulated several smaller black marks like Vettel. He's not even grey like Alonso. It could well be just a regrettable mistake, that should he not go on to tarnish himself in the future, I will let slide.

17. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

What?

18. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

I think he's referring to him purposefully crashing into Hamilton at Spa quali last year, for which he should've been DSQ'd from the weekend imo.

19. Jester_612

Jester_612 "Jammy..."

20. CarlT2001

CarlT2001 What's a Dremel?

I have similar bad feelings for Hamilton. His behaviour last season was outrageous.