1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

Dorito's Chilli heatwave and Hagen daas Belgian chocolate just for the football game tonight

2. r3loaded

r3loaded Minimodder

KBT Race - I ordered mine with MX brown switches and blue LEDs :clap:

[​IMG]

Bought it from Rabbit Web Factory and it's just been shipped out so it'll be delivered in a week or two...can't wait! :D

3. bagman

bagman Minimodder

New running sunglasses.
    [​IMG]

4. will of fortune

will of fortune What's a Dremel?

Lenovo ThinkPad X220 ready for returning to uni in September.
    [​IMG]

Specs:

- Intel Core i7-2640M Processor (4M Cache, 2.80 GHz)
    - Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64
    - Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 English
    - 12.5" Premium HD (1366x768) LED Backlit Display, Mobile Broadband Ready, 2x2 Antenna
    - 2 GB DDR3 - 1333MHz (1 DIMM)
    - Keyboard UK English
    - 720p HD Camera
    - 320 GB Hard Disk Drive, 5400rpm
    - ThinkPad Battery 29++ (9 cell)
    - Country Pack United Kingdom with Line cord & 65W AC adapter
    - Bluetooth 3.0
    - Intel Centrino Wireless-N 1000
    - Integrated Mobile Broadband - Upgradable

Will be buying 8Gb of memory and upgrading myself - works out about £40 cheaper, and possibly SSD if I can afford it.

Also

[​IMG]

Had a look at the blue model but was a shade to close to purple for my liking.

5. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Something functional - You would be very easy to buy for. My partner seems to have no interest or hobbies, so it makes it very hard to buy something that she would appreciate. 9/10 what I buy her will end up in the draw...:)

So you got your refund from your XFX HD5970 and got a couple GTX 670? :)

Teelzebub likes this.
  6. lm_wfc

lm_wfc Minimodder

That' will be a very nicely specced laptop with the RAM and SSD upgrade - I woud just go for theSSD now unless you want a high capacity one. How much was it if you don't mind me asking?

My laptop is over 3 years old, with my PC I saw no point buying a new faster one when I could just buy an SSD, and treat myself to a back lit keyboard to go with it :p

7. erratum1

erratum1 What's a Dremel?

Just a little jealous.

8. will of fortune

They've got a sale on a few of their models so got 10% off, cost £960 in the end. I know I could of got more performance for that money somwhere else but I really wanted a smaller lighter laptop for carrying around with a good battery life. And I've only heard good things about the keyboards on Thinkpads.

9. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

I ****ing love ThinkPads, as much as I care about laptops. My wife has a T60, and it's absolutely great. Great choice.

10. lm_wfc

lm_wfc Minimodder

Bit pricey still. but that should last years.

11. sui_winbolo

sui_winbolo Giraffe_City

My Droid 2 Global was crapping out, so I made an investment. I was getting sick of issues that plagued my Droid; my girlfriend has the iPhone 4, I just wanted a nice phone I could depend on, so I strolled into Walmart and bought an iPhone 4S without a contract. It's nice to know this is my phone and I'm not locked into a contract for 2 years.

[​IMG]

I'm glad I did. She lives 4 hours away, now we can faceTime, and having iMessage is a nice alternative to simple SMS texting.

12. knuck

knuck Hate your face

You'll love it . I've had mine for 5months now and it's perfect :thumb:

13. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

I love thinkpads. I still have a 6-7 year old Z60t that I used as a simple file server. Works great considering it's age

Plus I love the metal lid it came with, enough so that when I went to buy a laptop for college it was between a Sony with a metal lid and a thinkpad. I got the Sony just because it was a bit cheaper but I would have loved to get the Thinkpad.

14. sui_winbolo

sui_winbolo Giraffe_City

Le sigh, just bought my 2nd mechanical keyboard. I'm loving my keyboard at home so much, I had to get the same one for my work computer. :naughty:

[​IMG]

I just got back from a week of camping and paintball in the woods and the difference between my cheap Logitech & my Leopold is too drastic. Plus I do spend more time typing on my work computer, mine as well get a proper one! I'll post pictures when I get it.

15. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Prepping car for MOT next month, so service plus 4x new brake discs & pads.
    Also Tamron 55-200 lens for my dSLR.

16. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

I totally agree with everything that's been said here! In my opinion, you've just bought the best ultra portable Windows laptop that money can buy. I've done work on several X210s and one X220 lately (afforementioned memory and SSD upgrade :thumb:) and of all the countless makes and models of laptop that I've worked on, Thinkpads have impressed me the most. I'm getting myself one with the exact same spec as yours very shortly to replace my now completely outdated Acer Ferrari, Compaq 6720 and Dell Studio. The three of them combined couldn't outperform the X220 - it's such an awesome little machine! Health to enjoy :thumb:

I'm also pretty sure the S3 is the best smartphone I've ever used. I just set one up for a friend the other day. You've done well :hehe:

17. Barracuda_00

Barracuda_00 What's a Dremel?

Not a purchase but more of a freebie from work :thumb:, 2 x core 2duo 1.86 Ghz

[​IMG]

Will make some nice fileservers :D

18. r3loaded

r3loaded Minimodder

I assume you specced the IPS display?

19. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Can I join the Thinkpads are awesome club? That's a very nice bit of kit, I'm supremely jealous!

20. will of fortune

Usually when I buy something expensive I find myself apprehensive about whether it will be worth it or if everything will be good enough for me, but with a Thinkpad all the comments like yours and everyone else's just make me want it to arrive sooner.

Yeah, for only another £30 I thought why not. If I didn't I'd probably regret it.