1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Airsoft, it's not a real gun!

Discussion in 'General' started by legoman, 15 Jul 2012.

1. doyll

doyll Minimodder

Years back (30+ years) I met John Bradshaw when studying inner child therapy. Working with him, attending his workshops and support groups did me more good than any other therapy I know of.

I find it interesting how the inner child therapy has grown.

2. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

I dunno about it. I've tried to get the people I work with to pick up where they are and carry on. It's where we are, and dwelling in the past makes you crazier, not saner. I know, I tried. For way too long. I try to offer a real hand, not hollow words and cheap aphorisms. I know what it's like to suffer and be hit with trite and barely-thought-out responses because of the fact that either they can't care enough or just won't be bothered with real life.

3. erratum1

erratum1 What's a Dremel?

Well this thread sure went off the rails.

It seems like if the mods are involved in the chat it's alright......if they're not then they close the thread.

Hmmm :/

4. KayinBlack

Yes, which was why I requested a split to Serious, as then you could resume the valid airsoft discussion without us screwing it up.

5. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Hi there, just curious, could you expand on this? In general we attempt to only close spam traps or threads that have turned into serious flame wars and will no longer be productive to anyone.

6. KayinBlack

I'm guessing it's the human tendency to generalize. I've only noticed them get nuked if they get abusive or just plain rude.

7. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

If every thread that went off topic but was still carrying on an interesting and civil conversation got closed I think the forum would shut down... :D

8. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Basically. Nothing wrong with thread drift, as long as it stays away from the reef of flames and the sandbanks of spam.

9. m0o0oeh

m0o0oeh Minimodder

I'm having similar problems with my neighbour - I've just started getting back into NERF, cause I've gotten involved with a society in Cardiff Uni, and so i'm trying some things out - i took some new additions to my armoury out into the back garden, and started shooting some darts. One I'd bought had been painted by my friend - it was basically verdigris and oily steel colour - but with the orange trigger and tip on the end to clearly show it was a toy, police got called cause they thought i was shooting at the cats in my garden, and i had to explain all about the blasters, particularly the painted one, let them all fire them a couple of times, show how they couldn't physically shoot real ammo, sorted, range tests akimbo in my garden.

10. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

Having the police called on you over Nerf guns ( painted or otherwise )? That's low.

I wonder how the OP is doing with his neighbour?...

11. legoman

legoman breaker of things

meant to post about this actually, shes been round plinked a few empty tins in a the firing box ive made shes more than happy with what im doing had some nasty comments from her son in law but shes said to ignore him.
    She did get a bit rambo when i showed her the full auto mode :hehe: So in the end its all fine if he calls el plod their aware anyway. Anyway if i was firing a real rifle i think they would get more than one call about it.

12. SuicideNeil

Better than nothing I guess- how old is this son in law? If he's young enough then he could be easily won around, if he's older then superior use of reasoning & knowledge of the law will work.

Unless he's just a tool that thinks 'bb guns are lame toys', in which case indeed, just ignore.

13. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

From what I gather he is a pacifist idealist-in-full-selfrighteous-mode. Lost cause, I'm afraid.

14. legoman

legoman breaker of things

He falls squarely into this hes some kind of activist just what you want living over the back from you! i imagine he is a vegetarian who wont go through places with ham in the name and so forth. unfortunately he doesnt come across as a nice person ive been out a few times to see him peeking over the fence to see what im doing. I usually just smile and wave thinking various unspeakables.
    He looked over earlier when i was trying to setup my new sights he said "id better not hear that thing" so i offered him some ear defenders, he gave me a dirty look and walked off muttering something.
    Im just not going to rise to it and if i see him while im shooting looking over ill stop, or just move the target around its annoying because its the longest part of my garden but itll have to do.

15. SuicideNeil

Put up a higher fence, or run a strip of razor wire along the top & say it's to deter burglars....

16. doyll

doyll Minimodder

and get thrown in jail when something (cat, bird, person) get cut?

17. SuicideNeil

Hardly- there is a reason why spike strips and barbed wire/ razor wire is sold by security firms; so long as you place signs up to warn ( intruders ) about the security feature then you should be fine in the eyes of the law ( this subject was discussed recently in another thread as it happens ).

18. brave758

brave758 Minimodder

Yep as long as its in plain view etc etc your fine

19. doyll

doyll Minimodder

Until neighbor's cat get caught and cut.. or heaven forbid some little kid. Fall into same legal minefield as vicious guard dog with all the signs. Fine in industrial park but not in residential neighborhood.

20. Fishlock

Fishlock .o0o.

You can buy strips of plastic that have lots of small spikes. They're so hard they are basically as strong as metal and are a good deterrent. You'll often find Police handing them out at road shows as they are completely legal.

Razor or barbed metal wire is a no no around your own house. Shame, as reducing the cat population can only be a good thing.