1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other General Battlefield 3 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 8 Feb 2011.

1. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

totally. and more frequent flares by not blowing a whole load in 1 go. real C130 would never use that many flares in 1 go.

2. Dwarfer

Dwarfer What's a Dremel?

It must be fun on the CPC Server 32 Max Players on CQ Large really? /Sarcasm

If you don't like AK maps then you simply can't be a Battlefield fan. There are always the claustrophobic Close Quarter Maps /fail

As already mentioned above, the flares on the C130 tend more to be for show off then a reflective device!

3. CrazyJoe

CrazyJoe Modder

It sure does have max 32 players.

On each team.

[​IMG]

I've been in Chernarus for the last month or 2 so there's no better time to get back into the action, hopefully the CPC server will be busy like it was when CQ came out.

4. Dwarfer

Dwarfer What's a Dremel?

I looked yesterday and the max players was 32 not 64

5. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

The slots have only just been increased for AK. The adaptive server slots plugin kept the server at low slots and should increase when the server fills up.

But for AK I set it to 64 slots. I think some seeding is required.

6. Dwarfer

Dwarfer What's a Dremel?

I'll try it again this evening. I didn't bother lastnight if it was only 32 Players.

7. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

Turn the adaptive off. This has been mentioned before but people do not search for or find any servers below 32 player limit, especially for these kind of maps.

Not sure if I'll be on tonight, gotta pack for England tomorrow and there's always GW2...

8. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Adaptive is off at the moment. It wa set for when we ran TDM in the day.

9. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

Not had a chance to dive in yet - what's the general thoughts? Good? Bad?

10. Orca

Orca What's a Dremel?

Could only play a few matches the other day but am liking it and agree with the comments made so far! Good to be back on the CPC server chaps :)

11. King Roo

King Roo What's a Dremel?

BF3 is such an awesome game loud sound hardcore mode :)

12. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

It's the genuine battlefield experience re-made. It's fantastic. Quad bikes made me squeal with glee.. :lol:

13. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

Quad bikes made me squeal with glee until I was the passenger on one that slammed it to a wall and exploded :cooldude:

14. Invictus.

Invictus. Minimodder

I liked the round I played with Artikal (sp) last night.. BF3 took fecking 14 hours to download the base game then 3 for both CQ and AK <.< so will be on later tonight and after that it wont be till sunday / next week sometime..

One thing I dont like is the king of the hill or whatever mode.. as there simply wasnt enough vehicles.. as a sniper you'd take out the other snipers but get raped by a tank or tank destroyer and with no air support it basically became the team who had the point could just sit back with the tanks etc. as the point was in the open..

15. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

Invictus, I've found that as well. Despite being called Armoured Kill I find there's a lack of vehicles at times, and being on foot is usually a disadvantage unless you've got some decent cover and an AT weapon.

16. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

AK is supposed to be best suited to 64 slot servers. but I honestly feel that it isn't. I know that vehicles spawn at several points but if you don't get a vehicle or in a vehicle at the start you can't get to those points then you can't get a vehicle.

To me the way AK is setup it's still leaning towards the console limitation is slots. God forbid me being right. And if I could count the exact amount of vehicles that spawn at each point and at each Uncap it would give a clear indication of this.

Also you have to include Jets/Heli's and the AC130 as a spawnable vehicle. many peoples focus is on the tanks. The jeeps and Quad Bikes are there as transport also.

17. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

I agree, I've frequently been left at the base camp and it is totally empty of any kind of vehicle, even an ATV or jeep that would let me get across to another vehicle spawn point with any kind of speed.

A handful more vehicles at the base camp would make it much better.

18. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Yeah even an ATV or Jeep would be better than nothing. The insentive for players to be in any of the Tank Destroyers is limited because of the side guns and no secondary gunner seat.

19. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

Ugh, the secondary seat in a TD is borderline pointless. I think I've made a single kill in there, only real function is to hop out and repair or act as bait.

20. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

It's not like the IFV's in Bazzar where having people watching your sides is useful. Most players are aiming to be in a vehicle not on foot. Though I did spend a round driving an ATV around the map and over the snowy hills xD