1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. mrMonkeyChunks

mrMonkeyChunks EVGA Cheesecake

A phantom 820 tower

[​IMG]

A new EK tube res & 240mm rad as well

2. Lance

Lance Ender of discussions.

[​IMG]

London travelcard 1-5 annual.

Owwww my bank balance hurts.

3. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Ouch. £2k/year for unlimited transport isn't too bad though. :D

4. mrMonkeyChunks

mrMonkeyChunks EVGA Cheesecake

my annual ticket + underground clocks in at about £4300 :waah:

5. Lance

Yeah. Plus I get a travel loan from work.

So not too bad.

I love having my gold card + travel, its good times!

6. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

Yep indeed it does, Used to work on Oxford street and been buying a 1-5 zone for years. Luckly youve got the ticket before the price hike.

People think im mad for living so far out of the city (Zone 5)

Spare a thought for my mum who used to buy the 1-5zones for nearly over 40years......now shes got her Freedom pass for the last 2 years or so.

7. Lance

Yeah I'm the same thing, work on Kingly street, and come in from Bromley each day.

I buy in December because of the price hike each year.

Its a pain in the arse but I use it constantly, and don't need a car because of that. (Although I'm insured on 2 just in case).

8. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

I second that! This is one of my many hobbies as well, although like the rest of them, I don't have as much time to put into it as I'd like. I currently have 3 high detail models in progress: ST205 WRC, Ferrari Enzo & an FXX :)

9. Lance

I don't really get model making. It doesn't seem to have a point like Warhammer(game)/ torch(tool)/ computer(tool)/ camera(tool)/ jewelry(wearable)/ watch(tool/wearable) collection does. I do tend to follow the games workshop threat just out of interest, but not talk on the matter because I don't have time to get sucked in any more.

What is it that you get from it? The success of building it or the interest of owning it? Or something else completely?

This is not a troll i'm interested in your thoughts on the matter.

10. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

Whilst I never completed most models (paint and decals) I loved putting them together.. losing half a day to some plastic and pear drop smelling glue.

Sent from the Starship Enterprise

11. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

For a lot of people, they just like to have a representation of something that they are interested in, made in a size that they can site somewhere and look at. For a lot of those there is the extra enjoyment of making that model themselves.

There are the others who go all out to super detail the models with add on packs or even scratch built parts in order to produce something that, if it were scaled up, would look identical in every aspect to the original.

Personally, I just love building things, taking them apart, changing them around, building up the accuracy, the painting and after effects are almost secondary to me.

12. Krikkit

For me it's the pleasure of building it, the satisfaction of the detail and look of it. Some of the bigger and more detailed stuff can take many hours of careful building and trimming to get them assembled properly, then you've got the fun of painting and detailing (which I'm not much good at, but still enjoy).

13. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

I bought one of mates a model ship. He's a carpenter and was off work for a while with bad back so he needed something to do and the level of skill required was amazing. I would love to build a full on galleon myself but I have neither the skill or the patience to do it.

I actually enjoyed building my 300 sized RC heli far more than flying the stupid thing. Meh I really need to get it on ebay and get rid as it's been in its case for a couple of years now unloved.

14. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

FTFY :worried:

I'm the same, been building models since I was ~12 and there is a lot of enjoyment to be gained from seeing a bunch of random grey plastic bits come together to form a perfect* scale model of an aircraft I'm fond of ( fighter jets mainly ). It's a test of skill & patience- some guys go to much greater lengths regards filling in imperfections in the moulded pieces, and using airbrushes to get the most minute of details perfectly correct- even going so far as to order or make after market decals in order to have their model represent a certain country & fighter wing etc.

15. Krikkit

Sometimes you can go too far, and were I an aircraft obsessive I dare say I'd do that too, but thankfully I'm not. :D

16. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

I build and paint 1:72 scale aircraft. I complete one over the course of a leisurely weekend, doing one or two a month. Then I put them in a drawer, never to be seen again.

My mum thinks I'm weird, and I'm inclined to agree.

17. Krikkit

If you don't want them, pop 'em on eBay, even if they're terrible you'll get a couple of quid each.

18. EvilMerc

EvilMerc Minimodder

This glorious piece of technology:

[​IMG]

It makes my old Desire look archaic and the unlimited data is fantastic.

19. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

Nah, it'd feel weird selling them. I sometimes give one or two away to my little cousins (currently aged 8 and 10 respectively). Hopefully they'll grow up to enjoy modeling and/or aviation :)

20. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Snowboarding in Tirol:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Plus socks. Already had boots, board & jacket. Replaced the jacket, obviously.