1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Margaret Thatcher Dies

Discussion in 'General' started by Guest-23315, 8 Apr 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrbungle

mrbungle Undercooked chicken giver

She had more balls than any PM we have had since.

Did allot of good for the country at a time when someone needed to grab it by the scruff of the neck, not all good but stood by her beliefs as to what was best and didn't take **** from anyone.

RIP Maggy.

Furball Zen likes this.
  2. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

3. Asouter

Asouter --------

A clever woman , maybe she didn't always get it right, definitely no worse than the numpty brothers Blair & brown or the current clueless half wits. The sooner the financial world gets us back to the Stone Age the better :jawdrop:

Apophis54 likes this.
  4. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

I sure will miss her :rolleyes: NOT

Apophis54 and YEHBABY like this.
  5. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

For all of her, admittedly many, blunders during her time as PM there's a small group of islands that will be very sad to see her go. Any other PM from the last fifty years would have simply bent over and took it from Argentina, she didn't and a couple of thousand people will never forget it; neither should we.

Asouter likes this.
  6. Omega Point

Omega Point Minimodder

Put me in the 'meh' camp. While I won't be joining the conga line over her grave, I won't be mourning her either.

However, I do congratulate her for the confusion she has now caused on Twitter.

Apophis54 likes this.
  7. Asouter

Asouter --------

+1

8. G0UDG

G0UDG helping others costs nothing

Hey ho the wicked witch is dead

Teelzebub likes this.
  9. Pookie

Pookie Illegitimi non carborundum

Well I guess she is a bit like Marmite! You love it or hate it. Personally I have childhood memories of suffering and riots and lot's of people and industries being killed off. I guess thats why this country turned to be a financial based economy so that there were no unions.

10. Scroome

Scroome Modder

So far I've called all the lovers and haters in this thread.

People are so predictable....

Teelzebub and Apophis54 like this.
  11. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

Well done for piping up after the event, like the people who appear on Facebook after the Grand National to tell us how much they won, but conveniently omitted telling us who they were backing before the race started. Feel free to predict a few more in public hotshot...

12. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Feel free to ask next time..

13. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

I think the mods should close this pretty soon.

Who ever is in power and has to introduce cuts in the economy shall for ever be hated, regardless what side of the fence they sit politically.

Personally I feel she did more damage than good, but the damage had already started. Letting manufacturing go abroad put a lot of people out of skilled work which over the years had lead people to rely on the welfare state.

The governments focus on big money in the capital with the banking sector, has been a "get rich quick" scheme and ultimately ended up in collapse. The great bit about the collapse is it focused more people on bringing skills and technology back to the UK, which I am happy about, but it'll be another 10 years before we see the true effect.

Personally I think the best prime minsters we've had are those who follow in the wake, John Major had no backbone in the media and frankly as a personality was a bland as porridge, but he understood the problems, the same almost goes for Brown.. almost.

Cameron is another Thatcher and Blair, but wise to not directly repeat their actions to piss everybody off at once.

The amount of national debt is yet to be addressed with any really plan, and Osborne is a complete half wit without the correct education to form an economic plan for the country. It's like asking your plumber to do open heart surgery.

/rant

Until the current establishment of lords and peers and parties is refreshed with fresh thinking I shall look at them as all the same, cock eyed barrow boys.

14. G0UDG

G0UDG helping others costs nothing

I wonder if ATOS Will declare her fit for work lol

15. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

I liked John Major, if for nothing more than the fact that he already looked like a Spitting Image puppet. They had it on a plate.

Apophis54 likes this.
  16. Scroome

Scroome Modder

Very well, seeing as your velvet tone was conveyed so nicely.

I think she made tough decisions during a tougher time for the U.K, just like our current government is today. My opinion is that what she did was in her mind the good of the country, not for the good of Corporations and investors like today.

Yes, there are things that I wish were different. Subsidised rails, down to taking the milk away, but my view is that she did a lot of good. A strong financial sector which has certainly benfited many (my self included) are some of the things she got right.

Does coming from a conservative middle class background make me bias, maybe, but I can still identify what is required to make tough decisions, to save an economy.

17. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

Don't forget the 323 men on the Belgrano

I just knew you was going to say that :D

Lol well fit for something :worried:

Apophis54 likes this.
  18. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

Last edited: 8 Apr 2013
  19. Scroome

Scroome Modder

Aww man, I fell for that one :hehe:

20. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

I'd happily chip in for a one-way to Argentina for you..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.