1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

I've always really liked the Puma - the fact it looks a bit girly doesn't bother me, if anything it's better when you see one being given some stick! :D

2. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

It's a Fiesta innit?

3. MjFrosty

MjFrosty Minimodder

Racing Puma's are great cars. Anyone who says otherwise hasn't driven one. :D

As long as you can deal with the epic arch gap

4. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I'm not sure whether I really like the Mk1 Focus range, or whether I'm suffering "First car Syndrome", having started with a 53 focus, gone to a 52 ST, and now added an 03 RS to the collection..

Decided that well trimmed and sensible colour Capri's don't look that bad to me anymore either..

5. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Very nice! Always loved the RS! Health to drive :thumb:

So, I thought over this for long enough, considered Razer, Sennheiser, Turtle Beach, Astro and many others, and before I actually talked myself out of buying any of them, I took the plunge and went for the Turtle Beach XP510s:

[​IMG]

Time will tell if it was the right decision or not. I hear that they've addressed the build quality and reliability issues which their older and cheaper models have suffered from in the past. I look after all of my gear, so if these fall apart within a year it won't be from mistreatment and I'll have learned my lesson. Hopefully that won't be the case and I'll find that they're as awesome as the many 5* rave reviews make them out to be :)

Last edited: 23 Apr 2013
  6. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

~1000 pounds on the secret item I cannot publically talk about until at least the day after tomorrow. I will post photos though once I am allowed to talk about what it is.
    Safe to say that it was expensive, and is now being DHL'ed to me from South Africa.

7. liratheal

Thanks man - You need to get your GT4 and update your thread already!

A garbage bag of weed?

8. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

hmm... would cost too much to transport across borders... no... much smaller than that... :)

9. Krikkit

:hehe: The Mk.1 is a great car, although I did wonder when you said you were running a pair concurrently if you'd fallen head-over-heels! Most folks get itchy feet after a while, if you've found something you like just go with it.

p.s. Capri's are very cool, although I'd put my money on a Manta GTE.

10. Unicorn

IKR? I'm working on it. Like, really hard. Trust me >.<

11. liratheal

Lion cub?

Haha, well, the RS is a track toy, or rather. Will be when I've cleaned it up and replaced the shocks, tyres, bushes, and charge cooler setup, while the ST is for daily driving really. Not that the RS isn't a hoot to drive. Love the chatter of the waste gate when changing gears >.>

I think they were spoilt for me by Del Boy and his lime green with animal print interior one.. But having seen some in more sensible colours and trims.. >.>

Don't you have like.. Two jobs now? Should be rolling in the moolah >.>

12. Unicorn

Alas, I do :sigh: Nah, it's great to have them, and both are going very well at the moment - My boss (the Principal) just informed me today that they're extending my contract until June 2014, when it will be up for review again :)

Anyway, rolling it in or not, you must remember that I still intend on building the engine first, and that alone is still going to cost twice what the 2010 Clio I'm driving around in at the moment did :worried:

13. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

One of these for my sons birthday next month

[​IMG]

He's gonna love it!!

14. liratheal

If it's any comfort, I bought the car at 5 (Absolutely bloody steal tbfh. Got fewer faults than some I've seen at 6-7k!), and my projected spend spreadsheet is looking at 4-5k on shocks, brakes, bushes, intercooler upgrades and the like, then 5-6 on engine, turbo and so on, when the standard power gets to be a bottleneck >.>

15. Big_malc

Big_malc Minimodder

membership to fight club ??

16. Panomama

Panomama I once signed up on uniform dating

Did you buy a sloth?

17. Krikkit

You must be joking! How the hell are you spending that on an engine build?

I better not get a jap car to modify if that's anything to go by... A top spec race engine build on N/A french is usually c. £12k + VAT.

lirath: None of my business, but I'd urge a spot of caution - the FRS is such a sweet package as standard it'd be really easy to spoil it by going for a super-focussed track setup. I know you bought it for that ultimate purpose, but the rare gems of a great standard car often get ruined by adventurous mods.

18. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

I think part of this is because Uni is building an engine that will churn out more than a reasonably ridiculous race engine. It'll be nigh on impossible to beat, considering it'll be something crazy like 140 odd HP per Cylinder.

The other part because almost everything is going to wind up either custom fabricated or at the very least; customized to a large extent.

19. mpe91

mpe91 Wait... Wha...?

20. Unicorn

I'm not really :rolleyes: I don't want to completely derail this thread, but the estimate is ~25 for the engine and forced induction system. Getting over and above the 500bhp mark with the 3SGTE reliably costs a lot, and quite a lot of that will be engine builder labour and use of professional equipment in their workshop. There are only a handful of people in the UK who can build a reliable race spec 3SGTE, and none of them are in NI, so not only does that estimate include bespoke parts manufactured from expensive materials, labour etc, it also includes logistical costs.

You don't need to spend what I intend on spending to have fun modding a Jap car, but I'm not really modifying anything; I'm building a (just) road legal track car. It's not really the same thing. There is one ST205 track racing chassis under construction in the UK at the moment which is just now being assembled after 6 years of R&D, design and fabrication. It's not a road legal car, it's been designed and built to compete and the owner won't give away much about the cost, but good estimates put his 3SGTE engine, forced induction system and transmission at well over £40K. The chassis is equally as insane.

Pretty much this. I'm not pulling these figures out of my head. I've more or less decided who is going to build the engine and he's given me a very good idea of what he expects my power and usage goals to cost. I'm not even going to start on the cost of the transmission :worried: