1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steam Metro last light

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Mr Happy, 14 May 2013.

1. Jedra

Jedra Supermodel

That's kind of what I was asking really. If it does open up later, it's a shame it started off like this. I will give it a further go right now!

2. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Lol.

I have yet toi start this as I am still playing Crysis 3 and have just dipped a toe into Blood Dragon vbut am looking forward to it as I loved the original. The plus side about delayed playing is hopefully a game will be fully patched.

3. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

Not managed to get many hours in and stuck already, i am alone at an outside swamp bit where you need to find fuel for the bridge pulley thing! my problem is i have 1 minute left on my gas mask before i slowly die, and for the love of god i cannot find any canisters for my mask

4. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

Apophis54 likes this.
  5. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

Apophis54 likes this.
  6. Margo Baggins

Margo Baggins I'm good at Soldering Super Moderator

What's annoying is last night I spent all my cash upgrading guns that I thought were good only to find some better guns that were less upgraded about 3 minutes later. now I save to mod these only for the same to probably happen again :p

Currently I am using some pump action shotgun, a sniper rifle and an ak47 type assault rifle.

7. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

To be honest I'm not paying much attention to the guns, so I've accumulated a lot of military bullets. They all seem pretty powerful at stock and I've upgraded/found a few scopes etc (the IR sight is handy when coupled with a silencer though).

8. Margo Baggins

Ir + Silencer I love.

shotguns with the extended barrel I love.

I really don't get the mouse + keyboard appeal of this game, I spend hardly any time shooting, as I try to sneak through most bits. Until I get bored, or someone see's me, then I rain down hell on people. Auto-aim made life a bit easy, and it's annoying you can't turn it off in a menu - found the config file though and turned it off in there. I hate auto aim (even with a pad, as I got mad skillz)

9. Stanley Tweedle

Stanley Tweedle NO VR NO PLAY

WTF??

"I really don't get the mouse + keyboard appeal of this game" <<< WTF?

Does it have auto aim on for mouse or just for numpty controller?

10. Margo Baggins

auto aim is on by default however you control it, and it's not turn offable in a menu, you have to change it in a config file. "numpty controller" - you are completely missing the point THAT I AM A LAZY ****** - I can't be bothered to sit up properly and play with mouse and keyboard - plus you miss the bit about my mad skillz. :)

11. Stanley Tweedle

So they have in fact dumbed metro down for console idiots.

I don't really care if auto aim can be disabled. The fact that's it's on by default for key and mouse means no purchase for me.

12. Margo Baggins

I have met plenty of "idiots" who can not aim and hit with a mouse and keyboard as well. Did you get out of bed on the grumpy side today? or just a hater?

It's a fun game, you should consider purchasing :) (though i'm an idiot who uses his pad - even when I have several great keyboards, I must be a special breed of idiot :D )

13. Stanley Tweedle

If someone can't aim with a mouse, that's no reason to dumb down a PC game. Metro began on PC, there is no reason to have auto aim unless they're focusing on the lowest of the low which apparently they are.

Why would I pay money for a game with auto aim enabled?

14. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Just disable it?

15. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

You are denying yourself a greatly enjoyable experience because there is an option that you don't like?

Your loss!

Agreed, just because a game is built for more than one demographic, doesn't mean that people from both demographics can't enjoy it.

They might not be focusing on the lowest of the low, but they might be catering for them, just like they are catering for you, with loads of graphics options etc. Blind elitism is still blind.

16. mrMonkeyChunks

mrMonkeyChunks EVGA Cheesecake

Simply, because it's fun. If you really are so ridiculously obsessed with this issue then you can disable it in the config file.

It really is a fun game, honestly if you are playing the game 'properly' (like the game itself suggests) you shouldn't really be engaging in gunfights, rather sneaking stealthily taking people out (yay for throwing knives) I didn't even notice the auto aim as most of the gunfights were with from the hip shotguns at a close range.

17. Stanley Tweedle

Nope. Ain't buying a game I have to edit a text file to disable something that shouldn't be there. I think it's rather sad this is now normalised for PC gamers to the point where they don't really care.

May be time for me to stop gaming altogether if this is how it's going.

18. Stanley Tweedle

If I'm playing the game properly I don't need auto aim.

I don't give a flying feckywanks how great the game is. It's a console game now so for me it's history.

19. mrMonkeyChunks

mrMonkeyChunks EVGA Cheesecake

Fine. Leave. If you are going to bring such a self entitled, closed off attitude to this then please go.

We offer a solution to your problem but nope, not good enough for you. Everything must be tailored to suit you and only you. One of the great things aout being on a pc is that we can go into the config files and change things to suit us!

Last edited: 20 May 2013
  20. Margo Baggins

I think every single game I have ever played - even when I used to game heavily with a mouse and keyboard, on my pc, has auto aim enabled out the box - sure, it's the first thing I disable (even when I use my pad - LEET SKILLZ BRO) - but it's always enabled. A lot of my mates, without auto aim, do not enjoy games. My housemate, prime example, loves game - is whack at all games, like literally terrible, I watch him play games and the way he does stuff and I think to myself, how is he actually getting enjoyment out of this - but he does, huge amounts, he sometimes plays games on my pc, and can't, difficulty settings too high, cant hit anything (with mouse and keyboard - as he hates pads) - so really, I don't think they are catering for the lowest of the low - I think actually they are trying to cater for as broad a demographic as they can. To me dude games are fun, I play them for fun, I don't per-determine whether or not I will have fun based on what the game is like out of the box - as I have the inclination and ability to set them up how I please (due to the myriad of options there are - even if some of those options are configured through config files, they are still options).