1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOL 1st tattoo

Discussion in 'General' started by 666painkiller, 26 Jul 2013.

1. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

Not much different from saying "I wanna get a piercing. What should I get put in and where on my body should I get it done?"

Vacuous.

2. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

I was going to go with the negative vibe, but penis swastikas are just too good to turn down - I have eight now including one on my right cheek.

YEHBABY likes this.
  3. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

I'm in the same boat as op, however I've been doing research on what style, artist and what to go for.

Watch these, and enjoy.

honestly, the mutsuo on is possibly my favorite video. Or Valery Vargas.

4. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

I hear to get fully effect and best location for them is both sides of the neck, and one on each knuckle. :thumb:

5. Modsbywoz

Modsbywoz Multimodder

ooooooo, Tramp Stamps.

6. Margo Baggins

Margo Baggins I'm good at Soldering Super Moderator

If when I see you next week this turns out to not be true, I will tell all of BT. And we will call you "shitty the lie man"

7. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Shirty - better make sure you have 8 penis swastika tatts by then.

Best advice: Think about it. Don't get inked because "all the cool kids are doing it" - that's a wee bit retarded.

And yes - I have a few tattoos. All of them have SOME meaning, even if it's just remembering a time in my life. And all of them have raised eyebrows.

8. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

Penis swastikas will do that.

9. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

I don't have one of those...:p

I DO however have lipstick marks tattooed on my neck (THAT gets attention... unbelievable - but it is hidden when I wear office clothes), the words "Shake before use" tattoed on my stomach, and a pentagram/goats head/piss-take-of-more-than-one-religion on my calf...

10. Margo Baggins

I got some tattoo ideas:

[​IMG]

This guy has loads of inspiration:

[​IMG]

Mr Cool Ice is also a big inspiration:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and then just this:

[​IMG]

11. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Tattoo Dazzle Camo on your face... Always a winner, because warship/test car

[​IMG]

12. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

This was going to be my recommendation. There's also 'Family Business' here in London - it's important to go somewhere that deals in art and custom work if you want something decent (IMHO). If you really want to get a tattoo, go and speak with a decent studio.

A buddy of mine spends all of his pocket money at tattoo places in Soho. I'm sure I can ask him for more info if you'd like. He's a very 'arty' type and is mad keen on old-school tattoo work, and he draws it all himself.

To echo everyone else though, it's got to be down to you, and asking for tattoo advice on here isn't quite where I'd start if I were looking to get inked!

13. Xir

Xir Modder

I rammed a pencil into my hip when I was thirteen/fourteen ish...*
    It left a permanent Dot, does that count? :D

*remember kids, don't run with a sharp pencil in your pocket. :duh:

Personally, I like those....with hip pants, the cheesier (read:sluttier) the better.
    Shame the trend is over really.

This is a matter of taste and fetish and does not in any way reflect my level of respect for females.:hehe:

14. Margo Baggins

I like it when you can see the tramp stamp, and then the thong as well sticking out over the trousers.

15. Guinevere

Guinevere Mega Mom

Corneal tattooing.

That is all I have to say.

16. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

DUDE!
    Get the top of a g-string tattooed on your lower back... pure win, that.

17. imersa

imersa Parvum Princess

It's defiantly just about the person.
    I can safely presume I have more tattoos than most people. I've had an entire arm cover up, my chest covered up and even a face tattoo cover up. I can safely say I love what I had at the time and love what I have now...
    The one problem is you do change a lot so be prepared to have to change.
    Due to having so many tattoos the old ones I no longer like where easy to cover or rework.

I have worked in tattoo shops for years in the past. I see someone get a tattoo they've been figuring out for years come back and say they hate it the very next day. But I also know people who just decided the night before that still love there tattoo 8 years later.

The key as people have mentioned is get your artist rite. At least then your cancelling out the possibility of them screwing it up and that's pretty possible. Loop at the reference your giving them and then ensure they are actually capable by looking at the portfolios.

Understand also tattooist that are really good usually come with high standards and expectations. If you roll up to one of the best tattooists with next to no idea you may well not bother. Expect to wait 2-24months for a great tattooist. A waiting list is usually for a reason.

Anyway I'm only touching on stuff most people have already mentioned but ultimately it's defiantly down to the person. My advice is just get something that will always mean something. It doesn't have to be much. You don't need an LA INK sob story to go with your tattoo. If your into computer games, go get a cool gaming tattoo. Even if you don't like games in 5 years time you'll have great memory's.

My friend just had a king prawn tattoo, just because his name is shaun. Some times they can just be great fun.

18. Jards8595

Jards8595 Minimodder

Mate if you are looking for a good tattooist in newcastle, i highly recommend Ken patten or any of the artists working in his shop.

You can find his shop just off Northumberland street next door to the army careers office

Its called Tat2Station, proper quality work

19. Andy Mc

Andy Mc Modder

I'd love to get a tat by Valerie Vargas as I really like her work. Only thing is I've no idea what to get or where.

20. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

[​IMG]

sclera is a bit more viable

that's shannon larratt