1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Linux Minecraft; Official Bit-tech server

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Stickeh, 6 Oct 2010.

1. MrsFio

MrsFio THE Minecraft Woman

Paid :thumb:

2. JrRRr

JrRRr Minecraft addict

Hi. Just took this screenshot just outside the portal-entrance to the giant-creeper, there was even one more, just around the corner:

[​IMG]

3. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I am not sure if people really want to call this a problem or not, but after about 10 nights above ground and not in any shelter, I haven't seen a single hostile mob spawning... The only time I see hostile mobs is in my mob grinder...

4. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

The only hostile mobs I've seen in a while are the ones from spawners.

5. Xtreme_Machine

Xtreme_Machine Survivalist

Ah, so i am not the only one.... i wondered what was going on and thought it was just me :x
    I'll check the server config...

6. Xtreme_Machine

Oops, double post..

Ehm, rebooted and restarted the server. I have mobs in my trap again. I am assuming it's working again.

On that note, while i was checking the config i found i have the server on easy still..

I was thinking about starting the difficulty debate again: I am leaning towards switching to normal.

Any thoughts? :)

7. JrRRr

JrRRr Minecraft addict

I think that would be only fair.. ..I'm becoming too comfortable.. Turn it up to Normal - bring em on..

8. Bogomip

Bogomip ... Yo Momma

Seeing as the server is two years old now and we all treat mobs as small annoying pests that was can kill with one hit with our awesome weapons... crank it up :p

9. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

MrsFio/JrRRr: Since your horses seemed to have vanished, I've given you one of the horses I found earlier today - I was actually on my way over with one just before you logged off, MrsFio! You had a ring (ring/square?) of hay bales outside your farm so I've enclosed him within it; I also put some fences down on top of the hay to stop the horse from jumping over the hay and making a break for it. Obviously you'll probably want something more permanent ;). I checked about half an hour ago and he's still there, so hopefully he won't vanish; I've penned my horses in, and so far none of them have disappeared - building an enclosure seems to do the trick, so maybe tying them up with a lead isn't good enough...

Also, I seem to have inadvertently set up a horse ranch; I started off by building a stable so that they wouldn't run away and I ended up breeding another 4 horses. If anyone wants a horse, feel free to take one - the ones I want to keep are named, so leave those alone please ;). Oh and make sure you close the gates behind you...! :p

If you're not sure how to get to my floaty mountain, head towards the portal in the nether for Malvolio's "country style shack"; a corridor branches off to the left that'll take you to my portal. The ranch is down at ground level, just follow the path down off the mountain.

Thanks. No idea what went wrong, but it's definitely working again; I now look like a pin cushion in the night again.

Maybe you have one-hit weapons, but my heavily enchanted sword still takes two hits for most mobs! :)

10. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

Would it mean more mobs or just harder ones?

11. JrRRr

JrRRr Minecraft addict

Mobs hit harder, cave-spiders poison you and other stuff. Read more here
    http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Difficulty

I didn't know that moon-phases had an effect on mobs..

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4

12. MrsFio

*dances and sings* :clap: Who's afraid of the big bad mobs, big bad mobs, big bad mobs :clap: (Disneystyle)

13. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

Can someone tell me what the current full version of MC costs? The MC.net store is broken which doesn't give me a ton of faith in their products, but...

14. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

It's quite steep; I think it's about $20.

You can play SP for free though (IIRC) so you might want to do that for a bit first to see if you like it.

15. Xtreme_Machine

Hey all, me again...

I have talked to some of you already, but this post will probably reach some more people.
    It's kinda a good news, bad news kinda thing :)

The bad: 'Our' server has to move AGAIN!! :duh: :wallbash:

The good: I can move the server to my parents, and free service will continue :clap::rock:

The reason is, the house where of a friend of mine lives (and where the server currently resides), was up for sale. My friend only lived there 'temporary' until it would actually be sold. As you have guessed, it has... So now he (and our beloved server), will have to leave.

Luckily for us, while the server was at my friends, my parents did get (glas)fiber internet. I have to talk to my dad still, but I don't think he will mind. Only one small sacrifice we'll have to make is, we are going from 100/100 to 50/50mbit. I do however think we will not notice.

I am not sure when the actual move is going to be. I am going on holiday first (for two weeks), and then i'll have to plan something.

I will let you all know as soon as I know more :)

16. JrRRr

JrRRr Minecraft addict

Nice. You're the man! :rock:
    We will wait patiently when the move is happening, and contemplate on how sweet it is to have a MC-server running so smoothly for such a long time ;)

17. lp rob1

lp rob1 Modder

I find it sad that while in the Netherlands and much of the rest of Europe switching from 100Mbps to 50Mbps is considered a problem, while here in the UK many people still have 8Mbit connections... Even with fibre I only get 24Mbps down and 4Mbps up - none of this symmetrical stuff that sane countries use.

18. JrRRr

JrRRr Minecraft addict

My heart goes out to you. :waah: You could always migrate? :D

19. MrsFio

Norway is a nice contry to live in.. we're not even in EU!:thumb:

20. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

Apparently 1.7 is going to have some cool new biomes.

I think a new mw world would be cool but only if we can keep the old nether.

Personally I'd prefer it if the MW system worked by a portal you go through as tping seems a bit like cheating.

Also, Zombie pigman farm up and running. Good for looting swords although you end up having to repair them a lot.

Last edited: 5 Sep 2013