1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other General Battlefield 3 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 8 Feb 2011.

1. Chr!s

Chr!s What's a Dremel?

Anyone around for a game tonight from 10ish gmt?

2. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

I might be, hoping to head for home at 9 and I'm about 45 minutes from it, so if I'm up to it I might go online just after 10 :)

3. Chr!s

Chr!s What's a Dremel?

Origin - MachaEagle

4. Unicorn

Thanks, will add you :thumb:

[edit]

I just played some Team DM last night to unlock some more weapons and accessories.

Here's one from a couple of nights ago. We lost this by such a tiny amount but it was a great game. I'd have been 35 for single figures if I actually had another medic on my squad, so in other words I should have moved to a better squad :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

Last edited: 31 Aug 2013
  5. andreinuk

andreinuk Minimodder

Just had quite a strange experience playing Rush on the Metro map.

Every time the attackers got down to around 30 the admin would nuke the defending team to allow the attackers to set the M-Coms. He kept saying that the attackers need to attack!

6. Jester_612

Jester_612 "Jammy..."

^ There is a BFF video for that.

Posted for the Nth time.

7. andreinuk

andreinuk Minimodder

I have never come across it before. I have had the team I was on nuked because of something that the team was doing and had been warned about but not nuking a team for something the opposition were doing.

Perhaps I've just been lucky with the servers that I have been playing on.

8. Unicorn

I learned every square inch of Operation Metro in 90 minutes last night! :hehe:

[​IMG]

I'm also getting the hang of taking my time and picking out targets in Team DM, this was a short round on Grand Bazaar;

[​IMG]

Last edited: 1 Sep 2013
  9. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

10. Jester_612

Jester_612 "Jammy..."

It wasn't a dig, just highlighting it so nobody else needed to. The show is all pretty good, a decent watch for Battlefielders.

Nice, it was a shame we couldn't get squaded earlier.

11. Unicorn

Yeah don't worry, I'll be terrible on Aftermath maps until I get a few hours in on each one, and that team just had my number earlier. I expect the 'spawn, die, rinse & repeat' BS in TDM but when there's a sniper or Choppi watching every single objective you spawn at or run towards in Conquest, it gets really irritating really fast.

I'll try to get on for a couple of late sessions with you guys towards the middle or end of this week, but every hour of sleep is precious at the moment. Do you work that late shift all the time?

12. Jester_612

Jester_612 "Jammy..."

This is the thing I enjoy about Conquest, it has this ever changing dynamic. Being alive is very important to me, it helps me maintain a good awareness of the map. An analogy would be the situational awareness in football. You heard me speaking of this a bit to Bobman, we I then had a good round (with Bobman as supporting bitch) on Kharg I got team-switched midway and Bobman followed. Ended the round with a new highest kill streak, ran out of primary ammo and carried attacking with my .44 Magnum got me to 18 kills, was then gifted an enemy tank where I had another 17 kills before the round ended.

Yes, and actually it's the early shift of two shifts. :(

Also Bobman was asking me about my accuracy, I said I could go over some things with him in an unranked server, If anybody else was interested it would be easy to explain this stuff in one go. So perhaps we could set a time we could make, probably Friday late night, Saturday and Sunday afternoon to evening. I know there was a few more things I wanted to say to Dom on the subject, seeing as he's getting beast with the .44.

In the mean time see what you can learn from this:

Averaged 1.9 KD and had 3 combat efficiency ribbons.

13. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

.44 only in TDM has been fun and frustating. I do like sneaking up on snipers or bipod campers and popping them in the head.

Switched out the rex to the .44 and working on some ranged head shots. Found the bullet drop to be minimal and one shoting enemies quite fulfilling.

I have two videos to go live. Lav pawnage and some smoke/knife only shenanigans with Beer N Bullets chaps.

Last edited: 2 Sep 2013
  14. Unicorn

I just went to check my stats from last night and Battlelog is down. Has this ever happened before? :/

[​IMG]

15. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Not to me! :eeek:

EDIT: Now it says update in progress, so they are updating Battlelog is all.

16. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

Yeah, it's been stated at the top of the Battlelog page for the last 5 days or so. It was meant to be done on Tuesday, but it was changed to today instead.

17. Unicorn

They can't update it without the site going down? Meh...

18. Jester_612

Jester_612 "Jammy..."

19. Unicorn

Clipping fail :/ I was getting serious rubber banding on a Canals 24/7 TDM server last night too. Any tips other than the network smoothing factor to get rid of it? Oh, also this:

[​IMG]

Battlelog for iOS FAIL. I can't get it to update or show me any stats whatsoever...

20. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Pretty much no, it has never been fixed and won't be fixed this side of anytime.

Rubber banding could be due to crappy servers not so much your connection.