1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other General Battlefield 3 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 8 Feb 2011.

1. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

There's nothing to unlock except tags at that point, which is pointless really.

Go through all the classes and weapons and get all the unlocks at least, that way you have loads more options on how to play. Mmmmmm, M145 scope :drool:

2. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Are you aware that once you hit colonel 1 star it's then 230,000xp between each rank up?

I've played a rather rediculous amount of hours and I've still got 9 main weapons to get master tags for and 3 wepons left that still require unlocks.

3. Jester_612

Jester_612 "Jammy..."

I'm glad you enjoyed it, and anyone that comunicates what's happening is helpful and meat shields are always nice. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZECV3j6FkM)

Oh I don't doubt that there will be crossover. Principally the core of aim stuff carries over game to game; Apart from when game mechanics interfere. Something real fun is a thing I've heard called 'Euro hip-fire'. Just so I can remember, look, twitch, track and strafe are the concepts to aiming I use, the first three apply to any FPS, strafe aim is about understanding the netcode/timing of a game. On the other end, is the control of recoil and spread, I know your decent with the recoil part, I think you could benefit from improving your control of the 1st shot multiplier and spread management.

24,600,000 pts required, if you spm a healthy 600 that's 683 hours 20 minuets. At 1k spm it 410 hours. In 32v32 CQL it is possible to spm >1000 without medaling. Medals are 10,000 pts each, so bump up your spm nicely. At the moment you are on track to get Col 100 after 775 hours. http://bf3stats.com/stats_pc/Unicorn7337

At the moment your looking at 58 weeks +.
    ... and then there is mastery tags. I just noticed Unicorn that you have unlocked slugs for the 870MCS, tried those one hit wonders yet?

4. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Really? I can't stand that lump.

Now the PK-A and the US holo sight, now we're poppin' some skulls.

Pump slugs, the ultimate rage inducement. Of course, unless you're sufficiently coordinated, the only enraged person will be you.

Which is why I love my UMP so much.

5. [ZiiP] NaloaC

Yep, love the M145 for all my LMG choices, any semi-auto sniper and some AR choices.

I think it's great for range-finding good distance shots very quickly. The scope is rather "busy" in terms of all the markings, but it works for me :)

6. fix-the-spade

I'm the exact opposite, just give me a dot and I'll work out the range on the fly, busy scopes seem to give me aim fade. I even snipe better at longer ranges with the holo, Made a 600m headshot with the L96 and a holo before. Put an eight or twelve on it and I'm deadly to walls only.

Speaking of missing all the time, getting ten kills with the mobile arty truck :wallbash: guided missile helps, but my God.

7. [ZiiP] NaloaC

The arty truck can be quite effective when you have a spotter working with you.

Tip for it though: open up the map when you're firing, it will show you the impacts on the map.

8. fix-the-spade

I had both of those, but the spotter wasn't the best.

In the end parked up behind a tree on Armoured Shield, spotter used SOFLAM and we trolled some helicopters with ATACMS rockets. It took about five minutes that way.

No I have all the assignment in BF3 complete, hooray!

9. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

I still have love for the PKP, and it returning in BF4 has made me happy. Will be clocking up kills with it soon as its available.
    I will be around tomorrow till friday for some games. :-D

10. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

That's what I'm trying to do at the moment with copious amounts of TDM and SQDM, also dabbling in Conquest Domination for some of the Close Quarters assignments.

Yes I read that in one of the rank-up guides. I'm willing to go the distance, but I still want to play BF4 from launch.

Thanks for the maths :thumb: I think my SPM will increase as I get better and find favourite weapons. For example, I obtained my first score of 60+ kills with a better than 2.0KDR on a TDM Canals server last night, all achieved with the AEK and 30mm frags from the underslung GP30 (handy for crane snipers ;)).

I think with an increased SPM from more conquest games with captures, resupply, heals, revives etc I can get it in less than 58 weeks, but I'm almost certain that once BF4 comes along, I will play BF3 less which probably means I won't get it within a year.

Yes I've tried the slugs from the 870 and like them a lot! I want to get them unlocked for the M104 and SPAS next :)

Can anyone give me some info or thoughts on the DMR/battle rifle in BF3? I think it's the M417 that I was looking at. I need T-UGS assists in Close Quarters to unlock it but have no idea how to get those. I've put the T-UGS down in TDM and never had assists from it.

11. [ZiiP] NaloaC

Uni, if you're up for it fella, I'll probably be on a Metro high-ticket server this evening if you want to team up, a few of the bottlenecks will land you an insane amount of XP and equipment if you do it right.

Warning though, myself and most of ZiiP only ever play hardcore. Still, let me know if you're up for a game or few :)

12. DLDeadbolt

DLDeadbolt Space Cadet

If you really want to rack up the points, try going on a No Explosives Metro server. Assuming you are on the US team, then either: play Medic and Res/heal people the whole time at top of 1st escalator at B, play Support, throw down an ammo pack , bipod either left side room or just behind turnstiles and let rip.. or play Recon and drop a tugs at the end of the train tracks, then move to the back of B escalator and snipe away

13. [ZiiP] NaloaC

For the 417, try a conquest map or Conquest Domination in a multi-tier map and slap the TUGS down and wait. A flag on Ziba tower is usually a good place to get it.

If you want to get the M-39 and the other co-op weapons, I'll play some of the co-op maps with you as well. You can get a stupid amount of XP in some of the maps, but they can be unforgiving :)

14. Jester_612

Jester_612 "Jammy..."

M26, 870MCS & SPAS-12 with slugs max damage 100 at 15 meters, the rest 75. SPAS-12 shoots ever so slightly faster. Suppression kills their effectiveness at range, so get shot at and run.

T-UGS has a limited range of effect like 20m or so. It's either used by bad snipers w/o hearing or a front line recon. CQ/R getting all up in it with P90 laser sight + suppressor.

15. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Make sure you make good use of double XP events if possible.

Good use of nades, ammo/medi bags and tugs can net you some massive scores on metro, I've hit 130,000+ in on round before with a few medals thrown in.

16. Unicorn

Nope, not a chance I'm playing hardcore. Sorry, I appreciate the offer, but I'm just not up to it yet and I want to enjoy playing this game, not hate it. I tried Ziba tower on hardcore conquest domination and promptly said "**** that" after 5 minutes.

I got 20 spot bonuses on Ziba tower with it (10 needed) and the game crashed to desktop, so I still don't have it.

How do you know when double EXP events are happening?

I've done that once already although it wasn't a no explosives map. I played medic on US and got silly points as well as plenty of kills.

17. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Hardcore I find it quite irritating at times, team kills etc though being a considerate player I tend to not kill my fellow team mates. Though to push forward, you need to cross friendly fire at times hence dying.

Double Exp usually gets announced and or there is a bar that appears on Battlelog that states double exp etc

Medic/Support on Op Metro=all the points.

18. Jester_612

Jester_612 "Jammy..."

As long as the server didn't crash it's fine, after the round ends it will update Battlelog's backend with the happenings. So it's possible to unlock something, quit the server join a new one and not have that unlock.

19. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Yep, agreed.

Some games tonight me thinks :D

I have some troll ideras after seeing BFF game footage.

20. Unicorn

Well I never... You're right, I have it. Useful info is useful :thumb:

I'm still not going back to hardcore though.