1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows uTorrent Keeps Freezing

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by isaac12345, 4 May 2014.

1. isaac12345

isaac12345 What's a Dremel?

Hi,

I have recently started experiencing random freezes in utorrent that has significantly increased the amount of time that my downloads take to complete and hence the amount of electricity being spent. It keeps freezing and then coming back to normal. Thinking that it was because of corrupted files, as a result of power cuts in my area, I reinstalled it only to find that it didnt help. I had a look at the windows 7 resource monitor to see what happens when it has frozen. There is no increase in CPU usage but the process is highlighted in red as 'not responding'. I cant seem to be able to figure this out and dont want to install another client as I am most acquainted with utorrent. Could you please help me out? It would be much appreciated. :)

2. Votick

Votick My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.

I'm going to presume your not downloading Linux ISO's so really your saving quite a bit of money. :)

3. loftie

loftie Multimodder

You're probably best on any utorrent forums tbh. Roll back to an earlier version. Remove any torrents that have completed. Are you saving them all to the same drive? It could be the drive acting up if you are.

4. RichCreedy

RichCreedy Hey What Who

it came with a free eyepatch and parrot

5. erratum1

erratum1 What's a Dremel?

I still use an old version (2.2.1) didn't see any point in updating if it's not broke.........

6. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

Is that parrot version 2.2.1
    I hear they just wont shut up ;)

7. Cleggmeister

Cleggmeister Of reasonable knowledge...

Keep an eye on the disc usage readout at the bottom of your UTorrent window. I recall (when I used ut many years ago) seeing that hit 100% frequently and causing all sorts of mayhem. Can't remember the fix but it didn't take me long to google it.