Peripherals Mechanical Keyboards

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Raptor77, 27 Dec 2011.

1. dancingbear84

dancingbear84 error 404

Today I bought a Razer black widow from azh here on BT. Now I'm new to mech boards but I know it has blues, they're clicky and I liked the feel when I tried one briefly in curry's. Not so sure Mrs Bear will like the clicky though. She has already mentioned that I will have to give her some headphones.

2. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

I very much like blues, in fact both of my daily boards are on blues at the moment. However, I'm going to switch my home board out for something quieter - two small children and gaming mostly in the dead of night aren't overly compatible with blues.

3. Margo Baggins

Margo Baggins I'm good at Soldering Super Moderator

Do you know if the tenkey part has standard tenkey profile for the caps or are they different as it's so much higher up the board?

I'm just going to part it out, my WoB alpha block I'm currently using is really shiny, and I wanted those 1x windows keys for my cheat :)

4. IvanIvanovich

IvanIvanovich будет глотать вашу душу.

The entire numpad and all the keys on the top 2 rows are all home row profile on the 11900.

5. crazyg1zm0

crazyg1zm0 Minimodder

I am Jealous, looks great but also cause I still have not got mine that was ordered in August :grr:

6. Margo Baggins

7. crazyg1zm0

crazyg1zm0 Minimodder

Nope it was a build it yourself kit, I am aware you are the only one making the full kits, but I want to do this myself

just got a reply to my message it was held up by the GH60 board i ordered at the same time, which have apparently just arrived so I should get it soon.

Just hope to hell the toxic set arrives before Christmas, the amount of time to be waiting is getting silly for that

8. Margo Baggins

Ah okie - I think you are talking to bunny atm in messaging on another forum as I just bought it up with him and he say's he is talking to you as we speak :)

9. Yslen

Yslen Lord of the Twenty-Seventh Circle

Omnipresent customer service Cheesecake :p

Am ignoring the WoB doubleshots as I'm more of a beige man myself ;)

10. Margo Baggins

I have loads of sets of iso beige, I still have no beige ansi, I cannot wait for the day I manage to find a cherry board with beige ansi on it. I have loads of WoB ansi, no beige :(

11. Yslen

Similar situation...! Also, spacebars, I'm such an idiot for not buying 5 or more from Ivan's GMK buy when it was running!

12. Margo Baggins

13. Yslen

The postage is the issue, plus import costs of course. If you were planning a trip to the states it'd be a great buy...

14. jimbaw

jimbaw What's a Dremel?

Any idea where to get a poker 2, race 2 or v60 without having to wait too long?

15. crazyg1zm0

crazyg1zm0 Minimodder

Yea I sent him a message and he got back to me, sounds like it shouldn't be much longer till I get em :)

16. Margo Baggins

Shirty is selling a V60.

I'm going to the states October next year, but I don't think I can wait that long :(

17. Hzza

Hzza Minimodder

18. crazyg1zm0

crazyg1zm0 Minimodder

Hey Margo.

With the Ctrl60 how many resistors would I need to LED up the whole board, and have a nice uniform colour, if thats possible.

19. Margo Baggins

Hello,

you need a couple of different value resistors - the "switch" LED's (normal LED) need a 470ohm resistor, whatever colour you are using, and you need as many of those as you are having switches (as you can have a few more or less switches depending what layout you are choosing) they need to be 0805 size resistors.

for the side LED, which I think there is 32? (a number close to that) you need to decide which colour you want, if you want a high V led (3v - like blue, pink, green, white) use a 133ohm 0805 resistor, for a low V led (2v - red, yellow, orange) use a 150ohm 0805 resistor.

so you need 65ish of the 470 and 40 of the 150/133 (includes a few spares for losing/breaking)

then you need 65ish 1N4148 through hole diodes.

20. crazyg1zm0

crazyg1zm0 Minimodder

I have the Diodes and a bunch of white 2x3x4 LEDs i just needed to check which resistors as I was looking On GH and struggled to find the answer with the search feature.

are the 0805 SMD resistors?

Cheers for the info will get those ordered and then will worry about setting them all up when the PCB arrives