1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOL *NSFW* *The new Demote thread*

Discussion in 'General' started by adam_bagpuss, 8 Jul 2011.

1. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

I think she might have nictitating membranes?

2. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

3. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Evolution 1 - complete ******s 0

4. SuicideNeil

I've never managed to stab myself with a knife while making any models ( I've made plenty... ), though the occasional sharp sprue has scratched me; it's a hazardous hobby for sure... :D

Meg Turney time:

[​IMG]

veryevil likes this.
  5. SuicideNeil

6. phuzz

phuzz This is a title

I was making a balsa wood plane once, and was cutting the balsa with a craft knife. Because it was really thick (about 4mm) I was pushing quite hard on the back of the blade which was uncomfortable. I stopped for a second to give my finger a bit of a rest and must have turned the knife the other way up, so when I went to cut again I pushed my finger as hard as I could down on the sharp side of the blade...
    I've still got the scar :)

7. SuicideNeil

8. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

^^^ Mass Effect has now been renamed Badass Effect.

9. Rotcrack

Rotcrack Food Maestro.

Hi everybody

10. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

facepalm moments.

[​IMG]
    The poster, the mother, is my cousin.
    The boy on the operating table, is her son, my nephew.
    The doctor is one of my uncle.

So they're all families. Just a disclaimer.

And for those who doesn't get it the first time around... this is circumcision.

Yes, it's kinda a big deal for us Indonesians. Yes, there are celebratory food or parties sometimes.

But no.

Dear Lord, for the love of everything holy.....

...do not ****in post it on Facebook.

If I'm the one on that table, I don't know what would I do to my mom...

Jeezus I'm so demoted right now.

11. Instagib

Instagib Minimodder

I'll see your Meg Turney GIF and raise you a short (1:53) Meg Turney video. :clap:

12. SuicideNeil

[​IMG]

A little tasteless, but they do have a point ( re: concealed carry and firearms licensing in general ). Easy to say ban all guns and this wouldn't happen, but that's simply impossible- banned them in the UK and now only criminals have handguns since, shock-horror, they don't obey the law to begin with. Failing that, longbows for everyone! :-/

13. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

Yeah, because there are very few successful mass shootings in the US, but they happen all the time in France :rolleyes:

sjamppo likes this.
  14. sjamppo

sjamppo Minimodder

Here. have some rep.

15. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Most of the illegal guns in this country can be traced back to 2000-or so weapons that came into circulation during the troubles, the general opinion is that about 1000 of them are still out there and none of them are particularly well made or looked after (at least, so says the Home Office).

Thank God gas op shotguns didn't get banned, shooting clay pigeons with an over-under is just so... flat in comparison.

16. sjamppo

sjamppo Minimodder

What point exactly? The whole incident wouldn't have happened? Nobody would've died? Everybody happy?

17. SuicideNeil

Most mass shootings happen in schools or universities, where any kind of firearm is banned. Go figure mad gunmen can just walk in and tear the place up and no one stops them until either they kill themselves or the police arrive. You must be a genius not to have thought of that, have a medal.

I'd like to see some statistics on people with concealed carry permits stopping crimes, would be interesting- I do know of a few instances in USA where that has happened, but it often isn't reported widely as that would obviously not do the antis any favours.

Number of them is not the point, they still get used all the same and law-abiding citizens have no defence beyond waiting for the police to turn up. Thankfully Britain is a more civilised and evolved culture ( relatively speaking ), so gun-crime is very low.

The point is, my unlearned associate, that since it is so hard for anyone besides the criminally minded with a few hundred $$/££ to aquire a firearms, there is zero chance of any intervention from anyone besides the police ( who was shot dead as they fled- go figure he wasn't an armed officer I'm guessing ). If some countries weren't so uptight and over zealous about controlling firearms owner ship there is atleast the potential for an armed civilian to have intervened, doing something other than filming their countrymen being slain with their damned smartphone- especially considering the good vantage point some had.

Like I've said before though, I don't believe every Tom, Dick & Harry should be allowed to just walk into a shop and walk out with a gun, but it shouldn't be so difficult either- for the most part they are sports equipment, in other cases a very useful means of self defence as a last resort.

Unless you think being able to defend yourself with martial arts against an AK74 will end well, good luck with that... :rolleyes:

18. bigkingfun

bigkingfun Tinkering addict

Please do not get this thread closed as well:waah:

19. SuicideNeil

20. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Oh, here we go again...
    Yup, I definitely want an overzealous gun nut or have-a-go hero to start shooting rather than a trained professional.

Having said that, I can't help but think of Doug Stanhope from Charlie Brooker's excellent programmes: