1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOL Videos of awesome

Discussion in 'General' started by VipersGratitude, 1 May 2009.

1. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

got to appreciate flat out

2. xrain

xrain Minimodder

At a cannery in my hometown when I was a kid, the large commercial ammonia freezers detonated one day. It blew the entire roof off of the cannery depositing it several hundred feet away. They then had to evacuate the entire port from the massive amount of ammonia that had been released. So yes it definitely has some hazards associated with it.

Granted there are some differences in level of risk with someone experimenting with less than a liter of ammonia, and several tons in a industrial freezer.

I handle rocket propellants on a daily basis that are a fair amount more dangerous than ammonia. So long as you do your due diligence and take a lot of care to asses all the potential hazards, most things can be handled and used safely. Though this is one reason why I hate working with monopropellants since they can have a rather unpredictable set of hazards, making it difficult to plan how to handle.

The ammonia experiments he does are certainly not something I would recommend most people doing. I would say Ben should have assessed some of the hazards a bit more since he almost got himself into trouble using the brazed propane cylinder. But it is still interesting some of the things that the chemical can do.

3. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Indian Pole Gymnastics

4. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

That's not flat out, this is:

I don't own the video or know who it belongs to. It appeared several times in my Facebook news feed last week as it had been posted in a few of the car groups I'm a member of. I downloaded it from there, then uploaded it to my own channel to share here.

It's completely reckless, obviously I don't compare the life saving, skilled, professional driving of the ambulance driver to this lunatic at all.

Keep the race in its place.

5. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

6. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

10/10 would totally bugger it up and shatter the frame into a million pieces. I'm having a hard enough time learning with a Hubsan X4 microquad.

Dat landing tho :jawdrop:

Highly *highly* recommend subscribing to Tested. Although when they show off a really cool gadget don't ask how much it costs: if one has to ask, one cannot afford it.

On a related note - I know this is an hour long, but it's totally worth it:

7. Unicorn

I would do exactly the same. I don't fly anywhere near enough to get that good with anything, that pilot is flying with pure second nature. If you have to think about what you're doing with the sticks when you're flying something that fast, you're probably going to crash. I haven't even mastered second nature flying with a fixed pitch helicopter yet, much less a six channel CCPM or multirotor!

I hit the sub button over the weekend. I've watched some of their videos before and have no idea why I didn't subscribe sooner. It's easily one of the best YouTube channels I've discovered yet.

8. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

On a slight tangent: I'm really glad I got the Hubsan X4 to learn on. It's pretty robust and while it does have accelerometer & gyro stabilisation, it doesn't have any neat hand-holding tricks. If I want it to hover in one place I have to keep it in one place - the software doesn't do it for me!

Although I am already looking at slightly bigger and better quads... This could get expensive... :worried:

9. Unicorn

I'm glad I had the good sense to spend many hours in Phoenix Simulator before I even attempted to fly anything in the real world! I have had a lot of fun mastering the Blade 120SR and a couple of other small fixed pitch heli's, probably even more so than the 400 and 450 sized ones because they can be flown indoors with a decent amount of space, and are much more forgiving on the wallet than a 400+ when you do crash. You're right, it does get very expensive, very fast! I have to kerb the RC spending as much as possible though, I have car parts to buy! There'll definitely be no $600 motor upgrades for any of my birds, that's almost half way to a set of forged pistons! :eeek:

10. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Hell, that Blade 120SR is more expensive even than the Hubsan X4 with the crash pack, and I went for the version with a HD camera - can see why you'd want to practice on a simulator! :D

I really am tempted to get into quadcopters as a more serious hobby. Some simulator time would definitely be a good idea, but I'd like to use a "proper" transmitter connected to the PC. Radio gear tends to be quite expensive (although I have heard lots of good things about the Turnigy 9X/9XR), so it'd be a bit of a dud buy if I didn't take it any further...

Perhaps I should just bite the bullet and build a modest, low-ish priced 250-sized quad :D.

11. Unicorn

Yeah I've heard very good things about the X4, probably comparable to but better value than my Blade Nano QX, which is pretty identical in price to the 120 SR. What you could do is invest in a transmitter and bind the X4 to it, then you'd be free to get some stick time on an actual quad or use it in a sim before investing in a 250 quad. I highly recommend the Spektrum DX6 (not to be confused with the DX6i - that was a good transmitter for many years but the DX6 blows it away).

It's pretty much an expensive hobby no matter how much or little you get into it. A small box of spares for my 120 SR which arrived at work a short while ago was the better part of £50. Granted that included two new batteries and pretty much two of everything else, but all the £2 and £3 parts add up, and you can pretty much double that for a 400 heli, triple it for a 600 and so on.

12. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Less talk - more video:

13. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Yeah, I did consider that when I was looking into transmitters. The X4 seems to be a bit of a pig to get a compatible radio module though - you can't replace the receiver in it (at least not very easily), so the easiest options are out. There are modules out there for the Turnigy 9XR (which is what I was looking at a few weeks ago), but they're custom built affairs.

Meh, I think I'm happy enough practising with what I have a the moment :)

14. Unicorn

Is the X4 not DSMX BnF compatible?

15. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

16. Unicorn

That was hilarious! :D

Last episode in the Mod Max series... Maaaad!

17. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

18. loftie

loftie Multimodder

19. d_stilgar

d_stilgar Old School Modder

20. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

No me moleste mosquito
    No me moleste mosquito
    No me moleste mosquito
    Why don't you go home