1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. Darkwisdom

Darkwisdom Level 99 Retro Nerd

MY GPU isn't really doing it for gaming at the moment. The GTX 670 is good, even with my hefty overclocks, but it isn't performing well enough in my favourite games. I've had to sacrifice the ENB and some mods in skyrim to maintain 60+FPS, and AC Unity only gets about 30-40fps if i'm lucky on mid to high settings.

I'd love something like a GTX 970, but I kind of need money for that.

I'm also still not sleeping properly. I'm getting used to 3-4 hours a night, but it's making me a bit... touchy.

2. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Local councils... again...

Usless feckless witless bureaucratic spunktrumpets the lot of them...

3. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

new rockerhead gasket, possible head and new head gasket.

that'll teach me to try get it done on the cheap a few years back :rolleyes:

4. mrbungle

mrbungle Undercooked chicken giver

You still got the 307 then.

5. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

Wait, how the hell did you know I drive a 307?

6. MrJay

MrJay You are always where you want to be

Are you sure it isn't a CPU limitation? Ivy Bridge i3 Might be holding the GPU back?

7. Darkwisdom

I did think that, but it'd cost even more to upgrade the motherboard and CPU. And 3570s are pretty expensive still.

8. MrJay

Maybe get your hands on a Sandy Bridge i5? get yourself a i5-2500K for about £65 if you shop about : )

9. Darkwisdom

That'd be great, but it's unfortunate that my board doesn't overclock. I got it because 'it'll do' and I regret it because my options are low.

If I get a new motherboard and CPU, is it possible to keep my windows 10 installation?

I'm not a 'clean install each time I change something' kind of guy.

10. MrJay

Doesn't have to be a K edition, I just know they are popular.

Not sure about changing the board unfortunately : /

11. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

London underground need to start hiring people who actually want to work. What they get paid and the benefits they get I'll sign on the dotted line now. How London gets held to ransom I'll never understand it.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

12. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

****ing car insurance bollox.

Bought a car the other week in a private deal. Took out a new policy for it there and then. Filled in the bit about my 9 years no claims bonus.

Turns out you can only claim NCB for one policy at a time supposedly, which means I've had to cancel a policy that just had a few weeks left to run on it at a flat cancellation fee of £50.

You try and follow the law, drive carefully and make no claims. They still ****ing rape you.

13. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

Yup, that's been the way for many many many many years.

And I've had to do it myself last week.
    Bought a car, tried to transfer car onto old policy and the price they were trying to charge was stupid money @ £300+ :wallbash:

Cancelled, charged 50 quid and took out a new policy elsewhere for £120 fully comp

14. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Just back from a 2 hour pre-admission appointment prior to my TURP on the 19th. NHS Lothian uses an underutilised computer program called TRAK which been installed for some 7 years now at a cost of 7.5 million quid. Hardly anyone can use it, it crashes frequently, and it cannot speak to any other system. So I answered the same bunch of questions I was asked at the end or June which were hand written by a charming nurse.

So the whole process takes two hours instead of perhaps three quarters tops.

15. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

I have no time, its taken me 3 weeks to post a single package to someone.

Working in the midlands, family/girlfriend in devon for the weekends. I love my life and my job currently, i've been given opportunities i never thought i would get but i feel like i'm living a nomadic life. I don't have anywhere i call home and the place i live 85% of the time is far from comfortable.

I'm getting the rough end of everyones lack of seeing me. in my head i'm getting the brunt end of not having the time to breathe.

My family/girlfriend have differences and leads me to separate my time between them mostly

I'm just tired of it

Last edited: 8 Aug 2015
  16. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

Just had a court summons for a £2000 claim land in the porch, looks like the gentleman I had an accident with a couple of months back really wants to keep his No Claims, since the Insurance Companies are still arguing about it.

17. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

But if you are insured surely the insurance company are dealing with it, no?

18. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

I am, I suspect his hopes are, however, that I will balk at the two grand of costs if I lose and settle out of court, which he can then use as evidence of me admitting guilt and full responsibility for the accident, since it still hasn't been settled by the insurance companies.

Either way, the forms are horribly filled out and he's naming the wrong person as driving the car, so I'm not entirely concerned about the outcome if he can't even bother to try and take the right person to court.

19. mrbungle

mrbungle Undercooked chicken giver

You mentioned buying it on here I think, remembered because they are infamous for their reliability.

Which is a shame as I quite like Peugeots.

Is it a diesel?

20. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

1.6 turbo diesel

tbh most of the reliability issues i've read have been from people not looking after them, the thing has been utter solid since ive had it bar the original issue of its sale (head gasket) and after getting it done by a "mate" im convinced the **** didnt torque the head down properly thus my minor oil and coolant leak.