1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Battlefield 4 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by sotu1, 15 Mar 2013.

1. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

They didn't even try with the SP, there are loads of points where if you look at the sky box or NPCs you'll see infinitely looping holding animations.

The worst is on South China Sea, there's a point where the sky is filled with flat 2D helicopters, thousands of them going left to right on a looping animation, it keeps playing as long as you stay on the deck and it's hilarious.

2. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

In a good mind to uninstall this now. I'm completely burnt out of the MP and couldn't care less for the SP so mite as well free up 70GB's on my SSD.
    I know its been announced that BF4 will continue to get support for the next year but no word on actual good content (im aware of the one community map and night versions of current maps are in development.)

3. fix-the-spade

Spring patch is here!

Server tick rates have gone up again, it makes a BIG difference.

Accuracy has instantly jumped to 20%, it actually feels like where you aim is where the bullets go (shocker). Also the AN-94 is in and much like it's BC2/BF3 versions, laser accurate if you control it right. Death comes after you get shot at too, not die..... bang bang bang.

Played two rounds this evening and I actually had fun.

4. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

I gave it another go. The accuracy feels good and the hit detection feels solid. Compared to when it first came out, this is a revelation. Sadly I can't unlock some of the weapons due to some DLC maps never showing up. But so far it's a pretty fun experience. I might revisit and play it soon.

5. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

My have to blow the dust off BF4 and give this a try!

6. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

The update has changed quite a few things, pdw's are quite nasty now died to a few tonight, though have had a few problems joining servers.

Server connection timed out, my ping goes from 20 to about 200+ i get the error and it returns to normal, had a few direct x gpu errors though probably need to roll back to the previous driver.

7. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

Dragon Valley from BF2 is out now for BF4 CTE. Looks pretty good, needs a fair bit of work though

8. Chris_Waddle

Chris_Waddle Loving my new digital pinball machine

One of my fav maps on BF2. Look forward to trying this out tonight; love the idea of repairable bridges again.

9. fix-the-spade

Holy Smeg, actual factual Dragon Valley, not awful Dragon Pass 'reimagining of a classic Battlefield 2 map'. It's quite surprising how much the maps have shrunk since BF2, this map is gigantic by comparison.

Daquing Oil Fields next plz DICE!

10. nchhabs

nchhabs www.twitch.tv/dracaXL

Hmmm... maybe I should reinstall BF4 and give it another try...

I do miss the glory days of Bit-tech v Aria in BF3...

:rock:

11. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

3 existing maps- Siege of Shanghai, Zavod 311, and Golmud Railway will get night versions, will be released alongside dragon valley and the new community map.

No date yet but the new community map is a jungle setting.

12. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

Anyone having fps issues in BF4?

At current my fps is going from around 118 to as low as 30- even with v-sync enabled it wont maintain a stable 60 fps (Monitor is 60Hz), so with the ever changing frame rate the game is hard to play.

Running a i7-920 stock, GTX 970, 8Gig DDR3 and the game is installed on a ssd, looking online its a common problem but no solutions as the gpu when the fps drops the utilization decreased to about 20-30%.

13. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

I had this with gtx 670 sli. The issue for me was vram just hadn't enough. So fps was sky high and then would tank and sky high again. But that shouldn't be an issue for you, unless you are running 4k or you have super sampling enabled.

On an unrelated note I played on a 120hz server. Things seemed to move faster but that could just be my brain playing tricks on me because I knew it was 120Hz.

14. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Been playing quite a bit recently.. But the only servers I can bare playing on are Explosive/Smoke free ones.. The spam and the sheer different number of explosives in the game are in no way fun for me anymore..

15. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

I have tried 50 tick servers and i still suffer with the same problem, resoultion is 1900 by 1200 and all aa is turned off.

Have been using msi afterburner and have noticed when the fps drops occur the voltage limit goes from 1 to 0 with a severe dip, utilization limit goes from 0 to 1.

Gpu temps are around 62 while playing- usage goes between 24 up to 80 but stays around 50 most of the time.

16. theshadow2001

I can only stand servers with no rules. Explosive spamming only really happens in metro and on locker in conquest both maps I avoid anyway because they suck.

It's really annoying to land in a server only to find some arbitrary rules that means you can't play as you like. Its compounded by the fact that there's a significant time investment in finding and joining a server.

17. theshadow2001

Does it still happen when you default to medium settings

18. Chris_Waddle

Chris_Waddle Loving my new digital pinball machine

I was having terrible issues with frame drops etc in BF4. Found out the the last WHQL drivers are borked and mess up totally with G-Sync enabled.

Not sure if your monitor has it or not, but if you do, there is a hotfix driver out: Linky

This driver sorted out my gaming issues for me - I can now game for hours without them crashing too; which is a bonus.

19. ccxo

ccxo On top of a hill

Low Medium still has the same problem.

My Monitor is quite a few years old so no g-sync, i have swapped over my 3/4pin power lead for the 3 to 4 one with the card- see if that stops the voltage issue i saw on afterburner.

20. theshadow2001

You are on the right track anyway it does sound like a hardware issue.