1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Battlefield 4 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by sotu1, 15 Mar 2013.

1. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

For me it feels like I have to re learn everything after hundreds of hours game time before the patch.

I perceive the character (my own) movement as slower for some reason

2. ferret141

ferret141 Minimodder

Don't quote me on this because it's waaay past my bedtime but I think I read in a changelog or a blog post that they made the movement more in line with BF3.

3. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

I think this was more animation. I was referring to speed of running really. But it could all be in my head as well.

4. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Played quite a bit this weekend! The gunplay is excellent!

5. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Fired BF4 up this weekend, and gave it a try @4K and it looks really nice but they have killed the hit reg again.

Had to drop the details down to "High" instead of "Ultra" and turn off AA and the HBAO to get it to run at above 60fps, at "Ultra" with those turned off it was running at around 50fps to 60fps.

Once I have the money I am going to need to invest in a 3rd 780Ti and a new PSU, and hopefully by then Dice will have fixed the Hit Reg so that people die when they are shot.

6. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

Getting back into this game since the patch, or like some say since the Beta finished.

Need to re map my controls though, it went weird since the patch and nothing worked anymore, so when i thought i was going to get a sneaky knife kill i ended up dropping med kits or ammo boxes.

7. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

Is anyone playing this on Xbox One? I don't have the PC to run it, so had to get it on that.

8. acitodg

acitodg What's a Dremel?

I played this game quite a bit early on and it seemed a bit buggy. Tried again recently and it seems like they have cleaned it up quite a bit. Overall, I see a ton of improvements, but still seeing some issues with reg. Hopefully they can figure reg out at some point.

9. AMDMatt

AMDMatt AMD Rep

The big update did fix a lot of problems and it does play and feel much better. Still a ways to go mind.

10. loftie

loftie Multimodder

11. wolf5ster

wolf5ster Minimodder

New DLC possibly for BF4, it would be great to have 4 WWII maps and please be free.

12. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

I really really want Grand Bazaar or Ghost Town back!

But I need a new PC first, budget's all set for after Xmas, the only thing that might get in the way is an Empire MX6...

13. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

Dragon Valley and Valpariso, that is all. Give them to me. Please.

14. fix-the-spade

According to DICE they 'already' remade Dragon Valley, I say Dragon Pass is short an aircraft carrier and some bloody great artillery cannons.

15. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

Yeah BF 4 has another year of content announced. No word if preimum will get you all this for free or not.

My guess is that they will continue linking the story line to BF2142. Introduce new vehicles and weapons each time.

***Calling it now, the very last content pack will have walkers.***

16. Gamer82

Gamer82 What's a Dremel?

I'm so curious to see what a ww2 BF would looks like and sounds like with the new engine...im quite bored with modern warfare (not that i not like it)

17. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Bit of a bump but better than starting a new thread.

Started playing BF4 again, but I'm getting a DirectX DeviceRemovedReason error every session.

Sometimes it's a few minutes in, others it's nearly an hour in.
    Just updated graphics drivers to latest, but that doesn't seem to have helped. Temps seem fine, CPU and GPU both well within limits.
    I tried enabling V-Sync which was a suggestion on the bf4 origin forum, but that made no difference.

Anyone on here had this problem and know how to fix it? Didn't have the problem when I last played, and never had it on BF3 (which was before I upgraded but as everything else runs fine I can't see as it's any of the hardware).

18. Concrete-Coffin

Concrete-Coffin Minimodder

have you tried reinstalling directX

Find the folder named "_Installer" and open it (double left click).

Inside that folder should be more folders and more programs. Open the folder "directx".

Inside that I found 2 folders. Open the folder "redlist".

You should find around 5 or so programs inside. Open/run (double left click) "DXSETUP.exe".

A new window should open with the title "Installing Microsoft(R) DirectX(R)" and "Welcome to setup for DirectX". There should be a paragraph followed by "MICROSOFT SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS". Read them if you wish. Either way, press agree, it's the only way to proceed. Left click "I accept the agreement" once and then left click "Next" once.

The new page in the same window should say something along the lines of "This install package will search for...". Essentially, this program will search for and install updates for your DirectX software. Click next.

Wait for the install to complete itself and you're done.

Hope this helps!

Last edited: 11 Feb 2015
  19. Cerberus90

Cerberus90 Car Spannerer

Yeah I tried that, didn't seem to make a difference.

Don't think I've had the crash in my last 2 games though, not that I've changed anything, so maybe it's fixed itself, :D, or maybe I just quit before it decided to crash, :D.

Installing BF3 again to have a bash on that for a bit too.

20. fix-the-spade

I've been playing BF3 for the first time in nine months today, it's still brilliant.

Makes me wonder how 4/Hardline are so arsed up.