1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Fallout 4

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by mrMonkeyChunks, 2 Jun 2015.

1. teamtd11

teamtd11 *Custom User Title*

I found one in the wild and it ripped my head off...

2. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Will need to get this as you all seem to be having a lot of fun. But finances dictate that it will need to be cheaper before I can purchase.

3. TheStockBroker

TheStockBroker Modder

Haven't bought this. Is it possible to play the game in the style you want? Or are you just forced into obligatory all-out-war all the time?

The reason I ask is because I'm that guy that runs around crouched all the time, making no noise, avoiding LOS and fighting no enemies unless I absolutely have to (and even then with a silenced weapon to avoid attracting attention to myself).

TL;DR Can I be Sam Fisher or just Rambo?

Edit: Apologies if question has been asked before, but I've not been through the entire thread for fear of spoilers

4. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

I haven't played far enough into the game to fully be able to answer this, but I do think there are fights you simply cannot avoid - although how you approach those fights I suppose is up to you. So I would suppose you can be a bit of both.

5. aramil

aramil One does not simply upgrade Forums

I use a suppressed High Power sniper rifle with scope to clear areas before moving in on mission targets, also have silenced pistols & assault rife for close up.

If you quietly kill targets you can go about most areas without telling everyone around you are there.

There are times will will need to minigun up though :thumb:

6. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Yeah, I was in PA at the time, I went down south to the bit that literally everyone in game goes "ohnodontgothereomgwtfbbq" so I suited up and went in head first.

Huh. Ive killed a few now.. Three or four not including the first one.

7. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Unfortunately Stealth plays an ever smaller role in Fallout 4 than it did in Fallout 3.

I joined the BOS because I was really struggling with the combat. Power Armor is hard to keep running so I decided to leave it, so that meant I kept dying. So in the end I decided to take the BOS companion Danse with me and he's a mean son of a bitch. He carries a lazer rifle, so usually I just let him clear areas for me (you get the XP like in New Vegas) and then if anything does get to me I deal with it with my Bloody Mess perk and my trusty tactical combat shotgun.

I was struggling with the main story given that at the time I faced her the Queen Mirelurk was basically immortal so I decided to wander off of the main story and have been completing quests for a BOS scribe where she basically sends you out to find technology. I like repetitive things, so for the past two days all I have been doing is carrying out her missions. I do this for two reasons.

1. You not only get sent to new locations each time but you get to explore and make the map feel smaller (it was overwhelming at first, so much bigger than FO3) and

2. Because I've been doing the above I have now managed to bolster myself as a character with a metric ton of ammo, stimpaks and weaponry. I know for a fact I am going to need the Fat Man when it comes to that massive Mirelurk bitch and I finally found one last night. Not only that but it only just dawned on me that Mutant Suiciders are actually carrying mini nukes, so if you kill them you get to keep it.

The best part? well, Danse takes care of pretty much anything that would have slaughtered me before and I also now have well over 20 power cores. So it's not changed in that regard. Scavving is still very much Cheesecake. What I will do is keep doing these quests (because I'm not getting bored as it's getting me out there and making me perform detailed scavs) until I am ready to go and absolutely skull **** anything that dares to stand in my way.

This game is much bigger than Fallout 3 though. Much, much bigger. What I'm doing now is very much like Moira's "Wasteland Survival Guide" quest only so far I have been doing it for about five hours and it's not ended yet.

8. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

I'll be glad when I've sorted my work out and get some Fallout 4 gaming in :thumb:

Seems it's not all bugs and doom as so many people said it would be then :p:p

9. Vault-Tec

I've had one crash and Windows 10 played a little chime as it happened. So, it could have been a notification from Windows to tell me something and it crashed the game.

Other than that? I rarely (and I mean very rarely) get slowdowns but they soon stop and things continue as normal.

Yeah there are a few bugs here and there but they've always just been visual glitches to me and nothing game breaking.

Make no mistake, this is an absolutely fabulous game. It really is brilliant. They've taken all of the best bits from Fallout 3 and New Vegas (because Obsidian had some really nice ideas) and put it all into one absolutely huge mother of a game.

And don't be put off by the graphics naysayers either. At times this game will take your breath away. From the hot hazy sunrise to the grim blurry rainy days. There really are lots of moments where I wished I had FRAPS running so I could take a screenshot, but couldn't drag myself away from the game.

The only reason I am not playing it right now is because I need to source and order a new chair. Do note though, I am only buying it for this game lol. :)

10. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Nope, not at all in my experience so far. I did think that I got stuck at one point but that was just my innate muppetry and not looking where I was walking.

Picked up some armour for Dogmeat and will be getting him a bandana and goggles when I find a set.

Talking of Dogmeat (and other folks in general), the only complaint that I have so far is people just not getting out of the way, standing in doorways that I am trying to get through or stopping and derping right where I'm trying to drop a bed, that sort of thing.

11. Vault-Tec

Yeah that can be annoying, especially when you are in a tight space.

12. wolf5ster

wolf5ster Minimodder

After reinstalling Steam and redirecting to game folders, it seemed a bit of a coincidence that it happened straight after starting a new destination folder and first game was fallout 4. Played a couple of hours each over the past 2 nights and enjoying it so far.

Last edited: 13 Nov 2015
  13. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

They're not as bad as in AC Syndicate, where recruited gang members will try to shoot through you.

I've cleared out the Queen Mirelurk from the Castle - one mininuke wasn't enough,
    but there are tons of missiles inside the walls
    which certainly helped. The real bugger was that there were loads of mirelurk hatchlings running round which kept biting my ankles...

In true Fallout style, I've been playing for about 18 hours so far, and don't even feel like I've scratched the surface yet - and I haven't even gone anywhere near Diamond City. :thumb:

14. Vault-Tec

Vault-tec approved Top Tip. Super Mutant Suiciders are cradling a mini nuke under their arm. All you gotta do is take them out and they drop it, making it yours for the taking :)

I recommend a sniper rifle, always works for me :)

Ed. I have stayed out of Diamond City also. I did do some of the quests with the robot guy but in the end I didn't want to finish the game too quickly as I could see where it was going and what it was alluding to.

I ended up wandering off and finding the BOS. Then a lady started sending me off to find tech and I got a bit carried away. I'm beginning to think it's a never ending quest but it's allowed me to explore a bit and find new locations, as well as what's in them (and I now have over 50 Stimpaks, 17 Fuzion cores and tons of ammo).

Yesterday I began working for the dude at the settlement. I too have now splatted that pesky queen. Took me two mini nukes and I needed power armor (but the one you get from the BOS makes the old one look stupid).

I'm also around 18 hours in. Probably (being more accurate) around 17 but I am really enjoying myself. I'm glad I found the BOS because the tech quest has gotten me out there doing what I love to do, exploring, killing and look through drawers ammo crates and cupboards :)

I found out yesterday that you can stop bobby pins snapping during a lock pick, so right now I am focusing on building up my stats so I can get that enabled.

Last edited: 14 Nov 2015
  15. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Sold someone's first born and bought the game as I have nothing out of 170 on my PC to play. I just cannot get back into The Witcher for a second playthough.

16. Vault-Tec

How is it in Widescreen?

17. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Still downloading it but will you know as soon as.

18. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

Lol thought you was waiting for it to be cheaper :hehe:

19. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I got it for 32 quid which is something I suppose. But as I said I have nothing to keep me amused at the moment. Put together with the fact that I am weak and you all seem to be having fun I succumbed.

20. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

One of us, one of us, one of us...