1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Fallout 4

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by mrMonkeyChunks, 2 Jun 2015.

1. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I do not think there is a fix yet. So I am trying various resolutions see if that helps.

2. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

So I was having another good wander about doing the Minutemen stuff and I tell you, there are some proper nasty robots in this one. Sure the sentry bots are as nasty as ever but it's the new ones, the humanoid types, that a proper evil.

3. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Yeah I came across one that I was just wasting bullets on. It was like a leader or something, with some humanoids with it. In the end I just ran away and let them get on with it, but it put me off of trying to discover them in a hurry.

I am levelling up now to where I feel quite confident in battle. I will wait until I am has hard as nails before moving onto the main quest. Right now I am just having fun doing two seemingly never ending side quests which are giving me the chance to explore and level up.

Forgot to say actually.. I think my companion may be gay. I could absolutely swear he made a pass at me yesterday :D

4. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

According to the Fallout 4 quest list i am at end of Act 1, so in half of the main quest. 19 hours in, level 17 or so... Seems this will be another very long game.

5. Vault-Tec

I've spent about 9 hours doing two quests. One is with the BOS where they send you out to clear buildings and recover tech, the other is with the Minutemen where you go and clear other places for them to set up camp. And they're seemingly endless, but I absolutely love doing repetitive quests.

The best part is that I've been sent all over the place, uncovering tons of new locations and getting used to the 'world' and how best to get around it. With Fallout 3 I basically knew the entire map inside out, so that's what I am aiming to do in Boston :)

IIRC I've level 22 now and have some really good perks going on. By the time I hit the Institute they won't know what hit them.

6. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I think I am getting a bit tired of all this tweaking, The game as is is pretty much unplayable with the Pip Boy stretched out like this and there are many many posts on this subject on Steam, Bethesda and others. Hopefully it will be patched sooner rather than later.
    Can anyone tell me how to revert all .ini setting to default as I am going to try something else?

Pip Boy.
    [​IMG]

7. Vault-Tec

IIRC if youd delete the INI it will put back a standard one. I would do that, then play it at 1440p and put up with the black bars at the sides for now. You will have to do your graphics settings again, though.

8. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I don't think that will work, as I said there are 4 .ini files to play with.

Edit: As I am not far into the game I am going to reinstall it and begin again.

9. faugusztin

I wish i could find more cells for laser weapons - http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Righteous_Authority combined with Bloody mess is just brutal... and bloody mess :D.

10. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Can anyone tell me what resolution I should play that will likely give me black bars on each side but at least the Pip Boy will be usable. I have tried several resolution settings but all stretch to fit my 34" screen and in fact make everything worse.
    This game is beginning to p*** me right off.

11. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Righteous Fury stuck with me from the moment I got it until now! Prefer it over the gatling lasers I've picked up..

12. Almightyrastus

Having another wander around and I found this learned little fellow:

[​IMG]

Also been working on a little project gun:

[​IMG]

And one that's a touch larger:

[​IMG]

13. faugusztin

I doubt anyone missed that bear. I am sure the map designer had fun with that one.

14. Almightyrastus

I've found a few funny bits and pieces. I'm still looking for a basement bar that bears a strong resemblance to Cheers though. Will be most disappointed if there isn't anything like that in there somewhere.

15. Fishlock

Fishlock .o0o.

It's there. I was in it last night. I'm pretty sure it was near to Swan's Lake.

16. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

So I have just tried streaming the game to another PC and I had the game on the 34" monitor and the opening menu image and sound on the second 27" monitor.
    Things just keep on getting better.

Will install on secondary PC and see how that goes.

17. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

Apologies if you've already tried this Kronos, i looked back a few pages but may have missed something so sorry if it's already been tried.

Nexus Mods have a Widescreen fix that maybe worth a try.

18. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I see you are in the Steam streaming group that I have just joined.

As to the fix this does not really apply as it looks fine once I havd changed text in the .ini files it is just the Pip Boy which is wrong and your link, which I must admit, did come across yesterday did not help.

I am going to install the game on a lesser PC in terms of components and play it, hopefully, until a proper fix is available.

19. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

Must be another Corky as I'm not in that group, sorry that fix didn't fix things. :(

20. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Must be too early as it is Comrade Woody in the group.