1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Fallout 4

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by mrMonkeyChunks, 2 Jun 2015.

1. DLDeadbolt

DLDeadbolt Space Cadet

Currently lvl 50+, still have not completed the Main Story (only just did the find virgil part, now got to go hunt a synth).

What faction did you guys end up siding with?

2. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Nothing as yet but I've always had a liking for the Brotherhood of Steel

3. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

I will side with everyone :). Made a backup of the FO4 save folder before i started the Institute tree. Then i guess i will do the BoS tree, then ...

4. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I am with the Box and apart from getting Dance as a companion I cannot see that it makes much difference as I am doing my own thing after do a couple of the repeatable quests for BoS.

5. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Anyone know why I cannot build a large generator as I have all the required gear and whereas if I go to the medium or small the green generator will appear on screen and I can place it? But for some reason I cannot construct the large one, not an uncommon problem seemingly.

[​IMG]

6. .//TuNdRa

.//TuNdRa Resident Bulldozer Guru

Padlock on the right, you need rank 1 in the "Science!" Perk, which is about half way down the Intelligence tree in skills.

7. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Sorry don't understand as with Fallout 4 you do not have trees like 3 there are rows and you only add a point on one particular row when you level up so this could take forever or have I missed something?

8. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

You can add the points to anything on the perks list so either a S.P.E.C.I.A.L attribute or one of the perks below it, providing you have enough points in the relevant S.P.E.C.I.A.L column to unlock the perk, the Science Perk is either 5th or 6th perk down the intelligence column.

If it shows just an outline, you'll have to put more points into Intelligence to unlock it. Not entirely sure that's the best explanation ever but it might help.

EDIT: This chart might help more

9. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I think I have been missing something as all I have been doing is putting a star in one of the attributes and you seem to be describing something completely different. Will have a look when I go back to the game tomorrow and see if I can figure it out.

Edit: What I can see of the chart on my phone, which is not much, it definitely looks as though I have been doing things wrong.Doh.

10. DLDeadbolt

DLDeadbolt Space Cadet

You mean you were doing this?

[​IMG]

11. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

You mean I was doing what?

If you mean adding a star in one of the attributes each time I levelled up then yes.

I assume that I have missed something?

12. rollo

rollo Modder

Nothing that is vital to the game in truth. If your playing on normal you can put talents in out.
    Truth is the sniper talents and stealth talents are too strong. 5.4multi + snipe dmg bonus is about 600 dmg a shot crazy stuff and in vats you can crit said shot.

Sneak is more fun to play than power armor from my PoV. I don't like the power armor much and to get the best one will take a lot of time and credits.

13. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Did not understand a word mate.

14. rollo

rollo Modder

If you sneak attack a enemy you gain a attack dmg multiplier. If you put points in one of the talents you double then triple the multi. Up to 5.4x dmg. Then with vats you gain another 120% with the correct talents. Then with crit you can double or triple that with the correct points.

At 50 it's possible to crit for 2k+ on all mobs.

15. .//TuNdRa

The level up menu is an 11x7 grid, the top row is base SPECIAL, your basic stats. Below that is all perks.

Stuff below Strength, for example, is strength related perks, so on and so forth.

Perks can be taken so long as you fill out the requirements for them, which for the first level of each perk is just the required SPECIAL Attribute. For example; The 10th row will require 9 in it's given stat.

For example; Right at the bottom left, Column 1, row 11, is "Pain Train", this is a Strength perk, and you can only take it if you have 10 in Strength, which is Column 1, row 1. Similarly; there's Armour Crafting at row 4, which only requires 3 Strength to take. You Only need the base attribute to take the base level perks.

This would be so much easier to explain with a video.

16. mrMonkeyChunks

mrMonkeyChunks EVGA Cheesecake

Perhaps the best way to think about it is not as rows, but as colunns.
    The first icon in each column represents your base level in each S.P.E.C.I.A.L stat. The higher these stats the more perks in each column become available to pick.

Each time you level up you can choose to either invest that point in upgrading one of the SPECIAL stats or purchase a perk from the corresponding column. These perks grant bonuses such as increased damage with certain weapons, the ability to craft certain items or unlock/hack items of a particular level.

From the sound of it you have only been assigning pints to the top row? You can put the points anywhere in each column that you have unlocked

17. .//TuNdRa

Hopefully this will make it a little bit easier to understand;
    (I apologise for all the weird audio and sounds and such, I'm tired, it's late, I really could've done with getting a drink first, and audio doesn't record very well from my webcam, but hopefully it'll explain things clearly enough to be useful.)

18. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

That has been my mistake as I have assumed that I needed to fill the top row before moving down to the next and so on.
    I might start again but to br honest I am getting a bit bored with this game.

19. creative

creative 500rwhp

Just installed this so looking forward to playing it.

Stepped back from Witcher after loosing a months worth play and MGS5 is getting a bit repetitive, as I thought it would.

20. .//TuNdRa

The game has no level cap, it just takes more XP to reach the later levels than it did the earlier ones. So it's still perfectly possible to complete the game and continue playing even if all you've done with the first fifteen level or so is pile into SPECIAL, just means enemies will be doing a bit more damage than you at first.